Sign in to follow this  
corgano

StdinWrite / StdoutRead help needed

corgano

What I am attempting to do is use AutoIt to read and write to the minecraft (bukkit) console

The console itself comes up as a cmd window when you start the jar with a .bat file. So far I have been able to read FROM StdoutRead, but I have had less success writing TO the console and getting any kind of response. Here is the server, example .bat file, and the following script:

#include <GuiEdit.au3>

OnAutoItExitRegister("close")
hotkeyset("{ENTER}","enter")

$GUI = GUICreate("MC Console Wrapper", 514, 251, 192, 124)
$Edit = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 497, 209, 2101312)
$Input = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 8, 224, 497, 21)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

$temp = FileFindFirstFile("*.bat")
$server = run(FileFindNextFile($TEMP),@WorkingDir,default,0x7)
ConsoleWrite($server&@CRLF)

While 1
$temp = ""
$temp = StderrRead($server)
if @extended > 2 then
GUICtrlSetData($Edit,guictrlread($Edit)&@CRLF&$temp)
_GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($Edit, 7)
EndIf
$temp = StdoutRead($server)
if @extended > 2 then
GUICtrlSetData($Edit,guictrlread($Edit)&@CRLF&$temp)
_GUICtrlEdit_Scroll($Edit, 7)
EndIf

$nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
Switch $nMsg
Case -3
Exit

EndSwitch
WEnd

func enter()
if WinActive($gui) Then
If guictrlread($Input) <> "" Then
StdinWrite($server,guictrlread($Input))
consolewrite(@error&@CRLF)
GUICtrlSetData($Input,"")
EndIf
Else
hotkeyset("{ENTER}")
send("{enter}")
hotkeyset("{ENTER}","enter")
EndIf
EndFunc

func close()
Do
ProcessClose("java.exe")
until ProcessExists("java.exe") = 0
EndFunc

Any help would be appreciated :P

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

corgano

Yes

This is going to be a tool for server admins, so they can write custom macros in autoit for their minecraft server. For instance, instead of typing a set commands (say, /time set 1000, /spawn set, /restart), you could type a custom command (like /blarky) and have autoit type the set of commands. I also plan to add detecting if someone is SPAMMING CAPS and react if i can get this to work

Because it runs the server locally, it is only useful for people HOSTING a server. This doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage, or let anyone do anythign they're not supposed to do, it only helps the people who own the server do what they can do already

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

Melba23

corgano,

This thread was reported as "automation of a game server" - which is clearly forbidden by the rules. As a non-gamer myself I am leaving it to Valik to make a final decision on its legality - but until he does, I am locking the thread. Please accept my apologies if he subsequently gives you the OK. ;)

M23

• Like 1

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Valik

Okay, seriously, a batch file? You are clinically retarded, right? Otherwise I can't possibly fathom a reason you need a batch file when you're using AutoIt. Especially when that's almost certainly your problem. Or your server jar is broken.

Anyway, I downloaded the official Minecraft server jar and put the code below in the same directory. It correctly starts the server and displays the GUI (I intentionally left off the nogui flag). After 5 seconds it writes "help" to the server which works as you can see in the GUI when it suddenly dumps the help text.

Local $pid = Run("java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar minecraft_server.jar", "", @SW_SHOW, 0x7)
Sleep(5000)
StdinWrite($pid, "help")

You're on your own for the rest. I'm on the fence on this thread but I'd prefer to keep it locked. Especially since I think your real issue is rather stupid.

A batch file? Meh.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Blueman
      By Blueman
      Hey Guys,

I have a (i think) simple question, but i can't seem to get the answer though the help-files.
      Hope that you can help me with this issue.
      - I am opening a SSH Connection with the following function
      Func _Connect($session,$usr,$pass) $exec = @ScriptDir & "\PLINK.EXE" If Not FileExists($exec) Then _Err("PLINK.EXE Not Found!",0) $pid = Run($exec & " -load " & $session & " -l " & $usr & " -pw " & $pass, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x1 + 0x8) ;Run SSH.EXE If Not $pid Then _Err("Failed to connect",0) $currentpid = $pid ;$rtn = _Read($pid) ;Check for Login Success - Prompt ;MsgBox(48,"","1") ;sleep(5000) ;Wait for connection Return $pid EndFunc - This will connect to a CMS Server with a vt100 interface where a dynamic report is generated every 20 seconds.
      - Then i will read the contents with the following Function
      Func _Read($pid) $SSHREADTIMEOUT = 0 If Not $pid Then Return -1 Local $dataA Local $dataB Do $SSHREADTIMEOUT += 1 $dataB = $dataA sleep(100) $dataA &= StdOutRead($pid) If @error Then ExitLoop Until ($dataB = $dataA And $dataA And $dataB) OR $SSHREADTIMEOUT == 50 Return $dataA EndFunc This all goes correctly, but i can only read the contents once.
      When i try to read the contents again i get nothing.
      Maybe because the CMS isn't changing, but the values in the report is changing every 20 seconds.
      I need to somehow read al of the contents every time i perform a Read action, but how?
      Yes, i can use it in a While loop, but also then i get nothing or a small line of text and not the whole report.

Any Idea?

Thanks Guys!

--Edit--
      I have fixed the problem by changing the terminal session to a vt220 session.
      The only problem now is that i want to send the: "Data link escape" command and that is something i cannot fix,.
      I have tried;
      StdinWrite($Pid,Hex(0x10)) StdinWrite($Pid,Chr(16)) StdinWrite($Pid,{DLE}) But nothing seems to work.  
      -- Edit-2 --
      Guys, fixed that too!
      Forgot to add the number '5' to actually execute the assignment.
      So fixed it by using;

StdinWrite($Pid,Chr(16)) StdinWrite($Pid,"5")
      Thanks for reading with me

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      to provide an easy to use starter to capture traffic on all NICs found, I can successfully get all the interfaces of TSHARK.EXE (the command line version that's automatically installed along with wireshark) with this script:
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> $TS_WD = "C:\Program Files\Wireshark" $TS_exe = $TS_WD & "\tshark.exe" if not FileExists($TS_exe) Then MsgBox(48,"Fatal Error","No Wireshark Commandline Tool ""TSHARK.EXE"" found:" & @CRLF & _ $TS_exe) Exit EndIf $DString = "" $PIDGetIFs = Run($TS_exe & " -D", $TS_WD, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) While ProcessExists($PIDGetIFs) $DString &= StdoutRead($PIDGetIFs) WEnd ; MsgBox(0,"IFs",$DString) $aNICs = StringSplit($DString, @CRLF, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aNICs) $RegExIF = "^(?:\d+\. )(\\.*?})(?: \()(.*?)(\))$" ; $1 = TSHARK Interface Name, $2 = Windows Interface Name ; ... get the names to run TSHARK with the appropriate interface string  
      When I run TSHARK.EXE using this line directly, I see a continuously growing number telling the number of packets captured so far.
      "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap" Using this script, I *DO* see the first output line "Capturing on 'LAN-Verbindung'", but I cannot get hold of the continuously growing number of packets captured so far.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> $WD="C:\Program Files\Wireshark" $CMD='"C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap"' ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $CMD = ' & $CMD & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $PID=Run($CMD,$WD,@SW_SHOW,$stderr_merged) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $PID = ' & $PID & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $OutputAll="" While ProcessExists($PID) $output=StdoutRead($PID) $OutputAll&=$output ToolTip($OutputAll) if $output <> "" then ConsoleWrite("""" & $output & """" & @CRLF) Sleep(1000) WEnd ConsoleWrite("Process vanished" & @CRLF)  
      This is the output of SciTE, when I let TSHARK.EXE run for a short while, the "close" it's "box" ...

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop @@ Debug(10) : $CMD = "C:\Program Files\Wireshark\tshark.exe" -i \Device\NPF_{AEB931E9-E5FA-4DA5-8328-D87BDF53805C} -b duration:300 -b files:600 -w "y:\TShark-Ringbuffer\LAN-Verbindung\TSHARK-Com-0317_17---LAN-Verbindung___.pcap" >Error code: 0 @@ Debug(13) : $PID = 10948 >Error code: 0 "Capturing on 'LAN-Verbindung' " Process vanished  
      Howto catch the "growing-packet-number" TSHARK.EXE is writing continuously to the same "window position"???

Regards, Rudi.

• ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      OK, the odd stuff seems to happen to me. Not sure if this belongs here or in the deployment forum.
      The Question: Why would the console output results from a command-line tool need to know the working dir on one system but not the other?
      Though in the end I solved the issue I still am not understanding why StdoutRead seems to behave differently as I describe below.
      Preamble: Windows 10 image deployment to two different HP workstation hardware platforms. After deployment set up some disk space using Intel RAID. I script the Intel RSTe client (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise). Same version of the RSTe client and same storage controller hardware (Intel C600+/C220+ series chipset SATA RAID controller). The only difference is in the driver - one system has 4.2.0.1136 and the other has 5.2.0.1194, but even after I update the older driver the anomaly persists. There are of course other differences - the older system has different CPUs (Xeon E5-2620 vs Xeon Silver 4108), different chipsets, different SMBIOS, etc..). Both have Nvidia Quadro cards with driver 385.90, but the older has 3x P2000 cards and the newer has 3x Quadro M4000 and a Quadro K1200.
      To script RAID creation and maintenance I have a function that uses StdoutRead with Intels command line client tool "rstcli64.exe".
      On the older system, the below call to StdoutRead fails. On the newer system, it works. This only started happening on the older hardware when I updated the Windows version 1607 image to build 14393.2189 (but the Windows image used is the same for both hardware targets).
      $s_DoRST = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $s_RSTcmd, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) But if I change it to use @ScriptDir as the working dir, it works for both systems.
      $s_DoRST = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $s_RSTcmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)  The code below is the one that works on both systems (hint: the comment " ; this only deals with one device" is because I've no hardware with more than one ATAPI device to test with).
      $s_RSTExe = ".\rstcli64.exe" ; for production (compiled executable) ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Name ..........: GetDiskInfoFromRSTE() ; Description ...: Queries for hard disks attached to the controller ; Syntax ........: GetDiskInfoFromRSTE() ; Parameters ....: None ; Return value...: An array of attached hard disk datas from the RST command line tool without ATAPI devices such as optical drives ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _GetDiskInfoFromRSTE() Local $s_RSTcmd = $s_RSTExe & " -I -d" Local $s_DoRST, $a_RSTDisksTemp, $s_rawdata, $numDISK = 0 If $Debug <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Get disk info: " & $s_RSTcmd & @CRLF) ; useful during dev but cannot be used if #requireadmin $s_DoRST = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $s_RSTcmd, @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) ProcessWaitClose($s_DoRST) $s_rawdata = StdoutRead($s_DoRST) $a_RSTDisksTemp = StringSplit($s_rawdata, @CRLF) For $i = $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] To 1 Step -1 ; since we are deleting items, we have to go backwards through the array If $a_RSTDisksTemp[$i] = "" Or $a_RSTDisksTemp[$i] = "--DISK INFORMATION--" Then _ArrayDelete($a_RSTDisksTemp, $i) EndIf Next $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] = UBound($a_RSTDisksTemp) If IsArray($a_RSTDisksTemp) Then For $j = $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] - 1 To 1 Step -1 ; we need to remove the ATAPI device(s), since we delete we have to step through in reverse If StringInStr($a_RSTDisksTemp[$j], "Disk Type: SATA") Then $numDISK = $numDISK + 1 EndIf Next For $j = $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] - 1 To 1 Step -1 ; we need to remove the ATAPI device(s), since we delete we have to step through in reverse If StringInStr($a_RSTDisksTemp[$j], "ATAPI") Then ; we have to delete the ID entry BEFORE and AFTER the ATAPI entry to remove the ATAPI device (always delete from the bottom up!). _ArrayDelete($a_RSTDisksTemp, $j + 1) ; delete entry below _ArrayDelete($a_RSTDisksTemp, $j) ; delete entry _ArrayDelete($a_RSTDisksTemp, $j - 1) ; delete entry above ExitLoop ; this only deals with one device. If there were more we would need to capture all ATAPI device ID locations into another array then delete the original array entries based on the index numbers in the new array. EndIf Next $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] = UBound($a_RSTDisksTemp) If $a_RSTDisksTemp[0] <> 1 Then If $Debug <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Found " & $numDISK & " disk(s) attached to controller." & @CRLF) _infoLog("_GetDiskInfoFromRSTE() found " & $numDISK & " disk(s) attached to controller.", $msgSource) Else If $Debug <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("No disks found to be attached to controller." & @CRLF) _infoLog("No disks found to be attached to controller.", $msgSource) EndIf Else If $Debug <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite("Unable to query RAID controller. Check hardware and version of RST client software." & @CRLF) _errorLog("Unable to query RAID controller. Check hardware.", $msgSource) Exit EndIf Return $a_RSTDisksTemp EndFunc ;==>_GetDiskInfoFromRSTE  
    • boomingranny
      By boomingranny
      Use this UDF to add a console gui to your script (with log file):
      It uses the Hidden Autoit window (that you probably didn't even know existed)
      Closing Console window will terminate script.
      example of console:

#include-once #include <GuiEdit.au3> EnableConsoleGui("example.log") ;example: ;------------------------ ConsoleWrite ("Hello World") For $i = 1 To 10 ConsoleWrite (".") Sleep(200) Next ConsoleWrite ("done") ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ConsoleWrite ("close me to exit"&@CRLF) While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd ;------------------------ ;end of example code Func EnableConsoleGui($Logfile="") ;EnableConsoleGUI ;by Daniel Barnes 20/04/2018 ;Uses AutoIt's Hidden window as a console (output only) Global $pidChild ;if we don't have a parent (as the parent window would have our script name) If Not WinExists(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) Then Opt("TrayIconHide",1) ;get Autoit's hidden window handle local $hWnd = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()) ;move the autoit hidden window to the middle of the screen WinMove($hWnd, "", (@DesktopWidth / 2) - 250, (@DesktopHeight / 2) - 250, 500, 500) ;get the Handle of the edit box in Autoit's hidden window $hEditBox = ControlGetHandle($hWnd,"","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ;show it WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_SHOW) ;set its title = our script name WinSetTitle($hWnd,"",StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) ;Spawn a child "copy" of the script, enabling reading of its console... If @Compiled Then ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) Else ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) EndIf OnAutoItExitRegister("EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID") ;read the console, while the child window exists (and the console window is visible) While ProcessExists($pidChild) $ConsoleRead = StdoutRead($pidChild) If $ConsoleRead then $text = StringLeft(ControlGetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox),65535) If $Logfile Then FileWrite($Logfile,$ConsoleRead) $text &= $ConsoleRead ControlSetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox,$text) ConsoleWrite($ConsoleRead) ;scroll to bottom of console edit window _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hEditBox, 65535, 65535) endif Sleep(250) WEnd exit endif EndFunc Func EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID() ;if this func isn't used ;when you close the console gui ;the child "clone" of your script will keep running ProcessClose($pidChild) EndFunc
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator