[ASK] Using MySQL UDF, how to make it safe?

In my AutoIT app, I would like to allow user to edit values of a MySQL database through a GUI Interface,

but since this database is accessed (read and write) by many users at the same time and this is a very important database,

I afraid my AutoIT application damage the database when write to it without any prevention.

I mean what it's going to happen if my app write to the database while some other users open the record

and in a edit mode through their own interface/GUI ? What if my app and the user write the database on the

same time? and other scenario that I cant think at this moment?

If it dangerous, I will only display the value through my app and display a message to ask the user to

edit the value manually through their own interface/GUI.

If this important to tell: the user's gui is created using visual foxpro and access to the mysql through ODBC.

I hope somebody understand what I mean :-D

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everybody :)

You tell the database what you want to do (read, edit) and then it's the job of the database to make sure that only one session changes a record at the same time (that's called a transaction).

Check the MySQL documentation how to savely code what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Correct. This is what databases are for.

Before you start to work with databases (MySQL in your case) you need some basic understanding how databases work. Get a good book or internet tutorial and don't start to code before you know how it works.

Use a test database before releasing your script to production.

Just my 2 cents.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki