funkey

Another TCP server (written with my socket_UDF)

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I just made another TCP server. I will use the server for data collection and a lot of clients can get the data from TCP. I now use it for UDP broadcast some devices to get their IP's. You can also use it for chat's.

It is very low level, but so you have more options than with the pure AutoIt functions.

Just start the server in SciTE to see the console outputs. Then you can start up to 63 clients to talk to the server.

I hope you like it.

Server script:

#include "socket_UDF.au3"
;funkey 2013.06.21

_WSAStartup()

Global $iSocket
Global $iReturn
Global $iPort = 20500
Global $sIP_Connected
Global $iPort_Connected
Global $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char buffer[512]")

$iSocket = _socket($AF_INET, $SOCK_STREAM, $IPPROTO_TCP)
ConsoleWrite("Listen Socket: " & $iSocket & @CRLF)

Global $tReUse = DllStructCreate("BOOLEAN reuse")
DllStructSetData($tReUse, "reuse", True) ; enable reusing the same port
$iReturn = _setsockopt($iSocket, $SOL_SOCKET, $SO_REUSEADDR, $tReUse) ; set reusing option for the port
If $iReturn Then
ConsoleWrite("SetSockOpt error setting reusing the same port!. Windows Sockets Error Codes: " & _WSAGetLastError() & @CRLF)
EndIf

$iReturn = _bind($iSocket, @IPAddress1, $iPort) ;local IP-Address and port to use
If $iReturn Then
ConsoleWrite("Bind error: " & $iReturn & @CRLF) ; 0 is OK
EndIf

$iReturn = _listen($iSocket, 1)
If $iReturn Then
ConsoleWrite("Listen error: " & $iReturn & @CRLF) ; 0 is OK
EndIf

Global $iNewSocket
Global $tReadFds = DllStructCreate($tagFd_set)
Global $tReadFds_Copy = DllStructCreate($tagFd_set)
_FD_ZERO($tReadFds)
_FD_SET($iSocket, $tReadFds)
Global $iSocketMax = $iSocket
Global $iSocketNow
Global $sDataRcv

While 1

DllCall('ntdll.dll', 'none', 'RtlMoveMemory', 'struct*', $tReadFds_Copy, 'struct*', $tReadFds, 'ULONG_PTR', DllStructGetSize($tReadFds))

$iReturn = _select($iSocketMax + 1, $tReadFds_Copy, 2000) ;timeout 2 seconds
If _FD_ISSET($iSocket, $tReadFds_Copy) Then
$iNewSocket = _accept($iSocket, $sIP_Connected, $iPort_Connected)
_FD_SET($iNewSocket, $tReadFds)
_FD_SHOW($tReadFds)
If $iNewSocket > $iSocketMax Then $iSocketMax = $iNewSocket
ConsoleWrite("New connected socket: " & $iNewSocket & @TAB & "IP: " & $sIP_Connected & @TAB & "Port: " & $iPort_Connected & @LF)
EndIf

For $i = 2 To DllStructGetData($tReadFds, "fd_count")
$iSocketNow = DllStructGetData($tReadFds, "fd_array", $i)
If _FD_ISSET($iSocketNow, $tReadFds_Copy) Then
DllCall('ntdll.dll', 'none', 'RtlZeroMemory', 'struct*', $tBuffer, 'ULONG_PTR', DllStructGetSize($tBuffer))
If _recv($iSocketNow, $tBuffer) = $SOCKET_ERROR Then
_closesocket($iSocketNow)
_FD_CLR($iSocketNow, $tReadFds)
Else
$sDataRcv = DllStructGetData($tBuffer, 1)
ConsoleWrite("Data received: " & $sDataRcv & @LF)
If $sDataRcv == "CloseServer!" Then
ExitLoop 2
EndIf
EndIf
EndIf
Next

WEnd

For $i = 1 To DllStructGetData($tReadFds, "fd_count")
_closesocket(DllStructGetData($tReadFds, "fd_array", $i))
Next

_WSACleanup()

Func _FD_SHOW(ByRef $tFd_set)
For $i = 1 To DllStructGetData($tFd_set, "fd_count")
ConsoleWrite($i & ":" & @TAB & DllStructGetData($tFd_set, "fd_array", $i) & @LF)
Next
EndFunc ;==>_FD_SHOW

socket_UDF and example.rar

3 people like this

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Thanks very much   :ILA2:

Useful UDF!

Interesting thank you for sharing  :)

Hi funkey

nice,

thanks for sharing

....  I now use it for UDP broadcast some devices to get their IP's. ....

could you please post an example to achieve this?

thanks

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Hi funkey

nice,

thanks for sharing

could you please post an example to achieve this?

thanks

This depends on devices you have and is different for every kind.

I have scripts to list all 'Siemens Sentron devices' and another one to list all 'Moxa Serial Device Servers' in our network.

so, there are specific broadcast for different devices?
isn't it there a general purpose broadcast?
I do not knows how that works.

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

For example I send a few characters via UDP broadcast on a specified port (that's why I build that UDF - AutoIt does not support this, or this is buggy) to my network. Only devices that wait for information on that port and that know the characters send the requested information back.

But what information do you want to get from what devices?

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

I do not know if it's possible, but i wonder if an unknown device that responds to a ping, can be asked to respond what type of device is himself, for example if it's a router or a network printer or something else?
or maybe is possible the opposite of this?.So that I can broadcast for specific devices types (network printers for example?) and get response from (all) that type of devices only?

Edited by PincoPanco

If think, that is not possible for all devices, but for some devices you could get the MAC address from IP address and then look what company made the device (for example use http://wintelguy.com/index.pl to find this out). Here is a script to receive the MAC address via ARP request:

#include "socket_UDF.au3"

_WSAStartup()

Global $MAC = _SendARP(@IPAddress1)
ConsoleWrite("Local MAC address: " & $MAC & @LF)
Global $MAC = _SendARP("192.168.3.4")
ConsoleWrite("Remote MAC address: " & $MAC & @LF)

_WSACleanup()

Func _SendARP($DestIP)
Local $DestAddress = _inet_addr($DestIP)
Local $tMacAddr = DllStructCreate("BYTE[8]")
Local $aRet = DllCall("Iphlpapi.dll", "DWORD", "SendARP", "ULONG", $DestAddress, "ULONG", 0, "struct*", $tMacAddr, "ULONG*", 8)
Local $sMAC = ""
Switch $aRet[0]
Case 0
For $i = 1 To $aRet[4] - 1
$sMAC &= Hex(DllStructGetData($tMacAddr, 1, $i), 2) & "-"
Next
$sMAC &= Hex(DllStructGetData($tMacAddr, 1, $i), 2)
Return $sMAC
Case 31
Return "ERROR_GEN_FAILURE"
Case 87
Return "ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER"
Case 1784
Return "ERROR_INVALID_USER_BUFFER"
Case 67
Return "ERROR_BAD_NET_NAME"
Case 1168
Return "ERROR_NOT_FOUND"
EndSwitch
EndFunc
1 person likes this

Ok, Thank You.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ripdad
      By ripdad
      WSA_NBTCP.au3  (Windows Sockets API - Non-Blocking Transmission Control Protocol)
      Version: 1.00
      Type: UDF
      This is an accumulation of WSA code from many sources and modified to suit myself.
      These functions have been thoroughly tested using a Local Proxy Server, which
      is about the most strenuous test you can use.
      Includes my rendition of how a TCPRecv Timeout should work. Also includes a
      timewait/timeout using Select for TCP Send, which works great for that function.
      You will need a loop to use _WSA_TCPRecv(). An example will be forthcoming in a second post.
      Functions:
      #CURRENT_USER_FUNCTIONS
      _WSA_Cleanup
      _WSA_FormatMessage
      _WSA_GetLastError
      _WSA_TCPAccept
      _WSA_TCPCloseSocket
      _WSA_TCPConnect
      _WSA_TCPListen
      _WSA_TCPRecv
      _WSA_TCPSend

#INTERNAL_FUNCTIONS
      __TimeoutManager
      __TimeoutReset

#EXTRA_FUNCTIONS
      _WSA_GetAddrInfo
      _WSA_GetHostByAddr
      _WSAAsyncGetHostByName
      _WSAAsyncGetHostByName_Callback
      _WSA_GetNameInfo

Requirements:
      - AutoIt Versions: 3.3.8.1 thru 3.3.15.0 (32Bit only).
      - TCPStartup() at beginning of script on startup.
      - TCPShutDown() and _WSA_Cleanup() on exit.
      Download UDF: WSA_NBTCP.au3

• tarretarretarre
      By tarretarretarre
      AutoIt-SocketIo
      Yep yep, this is pretty much an attempt to port the existing project's concept https://socket.io/ to AutoIt's Codebase. So i will not go in to so much detail.
      This is how the communication is done http://i.imgur.com/0mMfsBD.png Each client is isolated to the server http://i.imgur.com/rVO2LFb.png Features
      Easy API VarType Translation (Example: If the server sends an int, the client will receive an int and vice versa) Fully featured examples Data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) Limitations / Drawbacks
      It is not possible to Broadcast/Emit objects Only 1D-arrays are allowed to be Broadcasted/Emitted (2D arrays will probably never be supported) Changelog
      Version 1.5.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added AutoIt like docs under Docs\. The docs are generated so its a 1 to 1 reflection of the UDF headers. Print of documentation Added a production ready server example. Added a new method: _Io_DevDebug which will display useful information when debugging. Added a new method: _Io_SetMaxRecvPackageSize which defaults to whatever _Io_setRecvPackageSize is set to. Added a new method: _Io_setOnPrefix which defaults to _On_ Added a new default client & server event called flood. Flood occurs when exceeding the $__g_io_nMaxPacketSize. $__g_io_nMaxPacketSize is set by _Io_SetMaxRecvPackageSize Fixed the 16 parameter limit when sending data with _Io_Emit, _Io_Broadcast, _Io_BroadcastToAll and _Io_BroadcastToRoom. This works on the same premise that AutoIt's Call Does Fixed a TRUNCATION problem when receiving packages which could cause crashes! Fixed a programming error which caused $__g_ionPacketSize to reset to default 4096 if _Io_Connect or _Io_listenwere called after _Io_setRecvPackageSize Fixed _Io_setEventPreScript and _Io_setEventPostScript They didnt work. Lol. Changed how events are fired so the client cannot crash the server by sending the wrong number of parameters (This also allows for optional parameters on callbacks) Changed _Io_On. The second parameter $fCallback can now be set to null. Doing this, the function assumes that the callback is: _On_<eventName>.  
      Changelog History
      Api methods
      Please see the docs provided
      Default events
      Server events
      connection Client events
      banned Server and Client events
      disconnect flood View source on github

Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip (OLD!)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.5.0.zip (NEWEST 2017-12-20)
    • damon
      By damon
      @JLogan3o13 I apologize, I did not think of it that way.  I have attached all the code and the Ini File information.  Please let me know if I need to add anything else to help understand what is happening.  thank you.

Guys, I apologize in advance as I did not search for my answer before posting.  I just could not figure out a way to search that made since so I decided to go ahead and post my question.

Getting to it.
      Background: this is being used to validate file names before moving to a new location.  though i have not included all the code, below is what i am having a problem with.
       I have an ini file that i am reading values from. Func ConfigDefineVars() -- I read the value of $ValidationRDA and everything is good then I set 
      $CaseRDALocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' <> $ValidationRDA
      the code that will be used in the select case in Func FileSplitCount().  The problem i have is that even though the numbers = each other they are not recognizing as =.  
      This is what i am getting in my log file i create.
      2017-12-04 14:09:53 : RDA was 2403 should have been 2403:
      If I move $SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation] <> $ValidationRDA to the Case line under the function it works correctly.

I think this has to do with my use of ' ' around the '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' but  i don't know what option i have in Func ConfigDefineVars I am not ready to define $SplitFile.  I have tried adding it to my Global Vars at the top of my script but that did not seem to help.
      There will be more fail this is just the first one in the select case.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
      Damon
      Example of a filename used.
      DWRSSD-37087-95-026.%-064.00-Tatum Family %-%-1230 Academy Rd-%-PERM-TRUE-2403.pdf
      This file will fail on the 95, it should be 095.  The problem i am getting is with the 2403 it fails even though the ini file value ValidationRDA = 2403 

Ini File:
      [SSD_FolderPaths]
      pendingFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\pending
      reviewFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\review
      completedFolder=C:\Users\bg01152\Desktop\SSD Test\Completed
      FileNetProperties=DocumentTitle,ZipCode,County,MapAndGroupID,ParcelID,PropertyOwner,Subdivision,StreetAddress,LotNumber,DocumentType,Approved,RDANumber
      ValidationDocumentTitle=DWRSSD
      ValidationDocumentTitleLocation=1
      ValidationCountyCodeLocation=3
      ValidationRDA=2403
      ValidationRDALocation=12
      Validation3=TRUE
      Validation3Location=11
      Validation4=PERM
      Validation4Location=10

#include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> ;------------Global Vars --------------------- Global $SplitFile, $aFileList, $FileLog, $dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder, $ConfigFile, $t Global $ValidationDocumentTitle, $ValidationDocumentTitleLocation, $ValidationCountyCodeLocation, $ValidationRDA Global $ValidationRDALocation, $Validation3, $Validation3Location, $Validation4, $Validation4Location, $FileNetPropertiesSplit Global $CaseCountyCheck, $CaseRDALocationCheck, $CaseValidation3LocationCheck, $CaseValidation4LocationCheck, $SplitFile ;;--------------------------------Check and Read Config files-------------------------------- $SysConfigFile = @ScriptDir & "\SysConfig.ini" ;----------------PreCheck for Config File-------------- If FileExists ($SysConfigFile) <> 1 Then Exit EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- $FileNetEXE = @ScriptDir & "\" & IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileNetUploader","FileName","") $delimiter = IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileInformation", "Delimiter","") $Filter = IniRead ($SysConfigFile, "FileInformation", "Filter", "") $ConfigFile = @ScriptDir & "\Config.ini" ;----------------PreCheck for Config File-------------- If FileExists ($ConfigFile) <> 1 Then Exit EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- $Sections = IniReadSectionNames ($ConfigFile) ;MsgBox (0,"test", $Sections[0] & @CRLF & $Sections[1] & @CRLF & $Sections[2] & @CRLF & $Sections[3] & @CRLF & $Sections[4]);TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE $p = 0 Do $t = 0 ;used for precheck $p = $p + 1 ConfigDefineVars($Sections[$p]) ;MsgBox(0,"ConfigDefineVars", $sFolder & @CRLF & $dFolder & @CRLF & $cFolder);TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE PreCheck($dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder) ;Runs a Pre-check to make sure folder structure exists before running the program If $t = 0 Then ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run", "Running next functions");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE ListArray($sFolder, $Filter) ;Puts File Names in String Array ;_ArrayDisplay ($aFileList, $Sections[$p]) If $t = 0 Then FileSplitCount($dFolder, $aFileList) ;Takes filename String Array and splits by $delimiter ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run2", "Running split function");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE Else ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run2", "Skipping split function");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE EndIf Else ;MsgBox(0,"PreCheck Run", "Skipping next functions");TESTING ONLY - DELETE WHEN DONE EndIf Until $p = $Sections[0] ExitScript() ;Exit script Function Func ConfigDefineVars($SectionsNum);Defines Variables from config file Sections $sFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "pendingFolder","") ;Pending Folder, Folder that is awaiting the process $dFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "reviewFolder","") ;Review Folder, Files that did not pass validation check and division needs to review $cFolder = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "completedFolder","") ;Completed Folder, Once process is completed this would be location files get moved to $FileNetProperties = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "FileNetProperties","") $FileNetPropertiesSplit = StringSplit ($FileNetProperties,",") $ValidationDocumentTitle = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationDocumentTitle","") $ValidationDocumentTitleLocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationDocumentTitleLocation","") $ValidationCountyCodeLocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationCountyCodeLocation","") $ValidationRDA = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationRDA","") $ValidationRDALocation = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "ValidationRDALocation","") $Validation3 = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation3","") $Validation3Location = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation3Location","") $Validation4 = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation4","") $Validation4Location = IniRead ($ConfigFile, $SectionsNum, "Validation4Location","") If $ValidationCountyCodeLocation = 999 Then $CaseCountyCheck = 1 <> 1 Else ;MsgBox (0,"test of county code", "location = " &$ValidationCountyCodeLocation) $CaseCountyCheck = StringLen('$SplitFile[$ValidationCountyCodeLocation]') <> 3 ; Checks for 3 digit County Code EndIf If $ValidationRDALocation = 999 Then $CaseRDALocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseRDALocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$ValidationRDALocation]' <> $ValidationRDA ; Checks for 4 Digit RDA EndIf If $Validation3Location = 999 Then $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$Validation3Location]' <> $Validation3 ; Checks that Approved = True EndIf If $Validation4Location = 999 Then $CaseValidation4LocationCheck = 1 <> 1 Else $CaseValidation3LocationCheck = '$SplitFile[$Validation4Location]' <> $Validation4 ; Checks that Document Type = PERM EndIf EndFunc Func ValidationCheck ($check1) $blank = StringLen ($check1) If $check1 Then EndIf EndFunc Func PreCheck($dFolder, $sFolder, $cFolder) ;----------------PreCheck for Destination Folder-------------- If FileExists ($dFolder) <> 1 Then $t = 1 Return Else $FileLog = FileOpen($dFolder & "\FileLog.log", 1) EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;----------------PreCheck for Source Folder-------------- If FileExists ($sFolder) <> 1 Then _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to Pending Folder -- " & $sFolder & " -- does not exist") $t = 1 Return EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- ;----------------PreCheck for Completed Folder--------- If FileExists ($cFolder) <> 1 Then _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to Completed Folder -- " & $cFolder & " -- does not exist") $t = 1 Return EndIf ;----------------End PreCheck-------------------------- EndFunc Func ListArray($sFolder, $Filter) $aFileList = _FileListToArray($sFolder, $Filter, 1) ;Create an array of files from the source folder filtering by filetype ;in the config.ini files for the specified section If @error = 1 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Path was invalid.") _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "Path to File(s) is Invalid") $t = 1 Return EndIf If @error = 4 Then ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file(s) were found.") _FileWriteLog($FileLog, "No File(s) were found, exiting.") $t = 1 Return EndIf EndFunc ;==>ListArray  

• comtech80
      By comtech80
      Folks,
      I have an issue I've been trying to solve for a while, I'm trying to add static routes in DHCP via a 121 route rule in Windows 2012 R2 is a brutal manual process and wanted to automate this via AutoIT.

When I use the "ControlGetText" everything displays properly in the MSG box but when I try and use "ControlSetText" or "ControlSend" the values won't display in the input box but the action comes back as successful?
      Anyone able to help me with this? I'm thinking this might be an active window issue but i'm not sure.
      Here is a part of my code.

$hWnd = WinWait("[TITLE:Add a Static Route]","", 10)
      WinActivate($hWnd)
      $Status = ControlSend($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:4]", "192"); Does not add 192 to the text box.
      Local $sTextEdit1 = ControlGetText($hWnd, "", "[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]")
      ConsoleWrite ( "ControlSend Status: " &  $Status & @CRLF); Returns a Value of 1
      ConsoleWrite ( "ControlGetText Value Edit1: " &  $sTextEdit1 & @CRLF);

Please see attachment for more info.

• hcI
      By hcI
      Hello
      Today I'm working on listbox but there might be something that I'm missing...
      I made a little script that allow the user to swap 2 items for the listbox. So the user select for example the 3rd item, press the button "Up" and it switch with the 2nd one, same with the "Down" button that switch with the 4th one.
      But when I select the 3rd item and switch it the item become unselected and I would like to select it again after the manipulation :
      As you can see in the comment of the script, _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel don't highlight/select them once the swap process is done..
      What am I missing ?