What commands do I need to do this?

tcca

I am working on a project that needs me to click on an image on a web page every time I load a page - the image REMAINS on the page after clicking, but only needs to be clicked once, until the next time I load a fresh page that has the image. In between there will be other pages loaded, other tabs switched to, but every time that image appears it needs to be clicked. Normally this isn't something I'd bother trying to write script for, but almost everything else I am working on in this project can be done using keyboard shortcuts, so having to grab the mouse to move to the image every so often is really slowing me down and making the task take twice as long. I need some help figuring out how to make a script that will do this. 

I know to use ImageSearch to find the image and click it - if the image went away after clicking I'd just set it on a loop to search every few seconds and click whenever the image appeared. But in this case because the image remains in place, that won't work. Is there a command that can trigger a series of things to happen only after a new page is loaded? So that when I load a page, it will look for that image - if it finds it it will click and then wait for a new page load before it starts searching again. 

My programming knowledge is extremely basic - quite literally the only experiencec I have is a semester of BASIC in the 9th grade back in the 90s where I managed to wow the teacher by writing a Wheel of Fortune game script. Anything I write now is kinda botched together from what little I remember about programming from there and lots and lots of googling. I use autoit to mostly take care of repetitive tasks with the mouse to make my life easier - but I have no idea what to even start searching for to get started on a script that will do what I need here. I'd really appreciate any help! 

Look at the _IE* functions to interact with a webpage.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Does that work only when using IE as a browser, or with any browser - the site i'm working on is not compatible with IE. In fact that is in big red text right at the top of each page, multiple times, along with other instructions, causing the stuff i need to be several pages worth down, and one of the things I want to do is click the image that will hide all the fluff and get me to the actual body of the page. After clicking, the image remains (it's a toggle), but the extraneous content on the page is collapsed and I can see the parts of the page I need for the work I need to do. 

The _IE* functions only work for IE but there are UDFs available for Firefox and Opera and/or Chrome (not sure about the last one).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki