Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crislivinitup

Send key problem

10 posts in this topic

I am using an autoIt program to send hotkeys (registered as hotkeys by another program) and I am having an odd problem. The key combination I am trying to send is Ctrl + insert.

Send("^{insert}")

;~ Have also tried the following:
;~ Send("{LCTRL DOWN}")
;~ Send("{insert down}")
;~ Send("{insert up}")
;~ Send("{LCTRL UP}")

It seems to work the first time, then I find that the ctrl or the insert key sticks. I.e. after the program has fired due to recieving the hotkey, I can press insert and it will fire again since the ctrl key hasn't been released. Any ideas or suggestions?

I had the same problem yesterday. Left ctrl stuck pressed down but I thought scite was messing things up because of the memory leak of some things I was trying so I didn't pay attention.

I would like to see what is going on as well

Maybe after you do the

Send("^{insert}")

you could do an

if _ispressed(11) then

send("^")

endif

if _ispressed(2D) then

send("{insert}")

endif

I can't quite remember offhand, but I believe just hitting the keys again would get them unstuck, so something like this may work.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Hmmm, doesn't seem to work, I've tried sending various other keys afterwards (with the send command) and it didn't seem to null out the sticky control

hmm, that's how I've fixed the issue in my scripts. (I'm at work now and can look through what I have)

So I'm not sure where to go from there.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

I would suggest bringing up the On-Screen Keyboard and watching it while your script runs, to determine if the key is actually sticking or if it is something else.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Send() is not very reliable, but _WinAPI_Keybd_Event() never go wrong, so:

Func Press_CTRL_C_Macross($t = 8)
    _WinAPI_Keybd_Event(0x11, 0) ; CTRL Down
    _WinAPI_Keybd_Event(0x43, 0) ; c Down
    Sleep($t)
    _WinAPI_Keybd_Event(0x43, 2) ; c Up
    _WinAPI_Keybd_Event(0x11, 2) ; CTRL Up
EndFunc   ;==>Press_CTRL_C_Macross

you can customise this for you needs

Hey thanks guys for the advice. I tried Iczer's solution and it seemed to work! The snippet was very easy to use :)

I came across this problem again in another script of mine and I figured out a great way to get past it that I thought I would share. The problem seems to happen when a send command is in a function that is activated by a hotkey. Moreover, it happens when the send command executes before the user has a chance to lift his finger off of the hotkey keys. I haven't tested all of the keys with which this happens, but the best solution I found is as follows:

#include <Misc.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

If WinExists("Todo") == 0 Then
    Run(@WindowsDir & "\Notepad.exe '" & "D:\Library\Documents\Todo.txt'", @WindowsDir)
    WinWait("Todo")
Else
    WinActivate("Todo")
EndIf

HotKeySet("^t", "dateStr")
HotKeySet("^q", "quit")

WinWaitClose("Todo")
Exit

Func dateStr()
    While(_IsPressed("11"))
        Sleep(50)
    WEnd
    If WinActive("Todo") Then
        Local $str
        $str = @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & "/   " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN
        Send($str)
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>dateStr

Func quit()
    Exit
EndFunc

I introduced a while loop check for the key being pressed so that the function (which is initiated by the hotkey) does not continue until the user has lifted his/her finger.