Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Damein

Best way to track an array of buttons?

7 posts in this topic

So I have an array of buttons, that might reach in the hundreds and I need a way to track when a specific one is pressed.

Currently, I have it setup like this

Func _Floor1()
    GuiCtrlSetState($Floor1Image, $GUI_SHOW)
    For $i = 1 To 8
            $RoomStatus[$i] = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Floor1Rooms.ini", $i, "Status", "Not Found")
            $RoomImage[$i] = @ScriptDir & "\Images\" & $RoomStatus[$i] & ".bmp"
            $X = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Floor1Rooms.ini", $i, "X", "Not Found")
            $Y = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Floor1Rooms.ini", $i, "Y", "Not Found")
            GuiCtrlCreatePic($RoomImage[$i],$X,$Y,65,65)
            GuiCtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_SHOW)
            $CheckMaintenance = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Floor1Rooms.ini", $i, "Maintenance", "Not Found")
            If $CheckMaintenance = 1 Then
                $MaintenanceButtonIssue[$i] = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Test",$X+12, $Y+12,40,40,$BS_BITMAP)
                GUICtrlSetImage(-1, $MaintenanceImage)
                GUICtrlSetOnEvent($MaintenanceButtonIssue[$i], "_Test")
                GuiCtrlSetState($MaintenanceButtonIssue[$i], $GUI_ONTOP)
            EndIf
        Next
EndFunc

Func _Test()
    For $i = 1 To 8
        $MaintenanceProblem[$i] = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Service Recovery.ini", $i, "Problem", "Not Found")
        If $MaintenanceProblem[$i] > "" Then
        MsgBox(0, "Test", $MaintenanceProblem[$i])
        ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
EndFunc

But obviously it will stop at the first sign of MaintenanceProblem[$i] having a value. I don't wan't it to do that, I need it to track which button was pressed from the array $MaintenanceButtonIssue[$i] set in the Floor1 function.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

You can use this to get the last button clicked

@GUI_CtrlId Last click GUI Control identifier. Only valid in an event Function. See the GUICtrlSetOnEvent function

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Okay, when using that I can get the ID of the button, but how do I use that in conjunction with an Inifile that has sections like this

[1]

Problem=Damaged

[2]

Problem=

[3]

Problem=Broken

Now what is happening the buttons are being created each time a value is assigned to Problem in the Inifile. When I click that button, I need to be able to pull that Problem's value out of the Inifile, and just that one.

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

Aaaah, I wasn't thinking about it that way.

Got it, I assigned each button the current $i value when its created and then used

$ID = @GUI_CtrlId
    $Info = GuiCtrlRead($ID)
    $ShowProblem = IniRead(@ScriptDir & "\Data\Service Recovery.ini", $Info, "Problem", "Not Found")
    MsgBox(0, "Test", $ShowProblem)

Thanks for the help!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made