Sign in to follow this  
van_renier

_IE functions, losing reference to object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application object

van_renier

Could someone help me understand why I'm losing the object for certain _IE  user-functions (those included with Au3 v3.3.10.2)

#include <IE.au3>   ; Required for automatically entering login credentials to app manager
GLOBAL $oIE
$oIE = _IECreate("about:blank", 1)
; _IEQuit ($oIE)   ; _IEQuit line HERE, it work, closing the browser...
ConsoleWrite ("===============================" & @CRLF )
If WinExists ( "Blank Page - Windows Internet Explorer") <> 1 then
   While WinExists ("Blank Page - Windows Internet Explorer") <> 1
      sleep ( 500 )
   WEnd
EndIf
sleep ( 1200 )
; _IEQuit ($oIE)   ; _IEQuit line HERE, it work, closing the browser...
ConsoleWrite ('This is where the object, $oIE, gets broken/lost' & @CRLF )
   _IENavigate( $oIE, "http://www.msn.com" )
   sleep (3000)
sleep ( 5000 )
_IEQuit ($oIE) ; HERE FAILS, console error: "--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Error from function _IEQuit, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType"
exit

In the above script, there are 3 lines with _IEQuit. The 1st 2 are commented out, but they work with closing the browser fine, but the 3rd line, fails to close out the browser window.

(I'm not wanting to close out the browser window, but I was trying to figure out why subsequent calls lose the object variable reference of $oIE. Using _IEQuit seemed to be the easiest way to ensure we were attached to the same browser window.

I've also noticed that using the above script, after the script exits (with the 3rd _IEQuit line intact), since the browser window is still open, if I try and enter any URL into the adress bar, pressing enter then causing a new browser window to open up.

Any suggestions on why the object reference is getting broken?

Thanks,

Van

Palestinian

Tried running the script you posted, and it worked like it should, here is the console output:

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
--> IE.au3 T3.0-1 Warning from function _IEAttach, $_IEStatus_NoMatch
===============================
This is where the object, $oIE, gets broken/lost
+>15:24:18 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>15:24:18 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished..
>Exit code: 0    Time: 14.827

The issue you are referring to (pressing enter then causing a new browser window to open up.) might be caused by IE itself, not AutoIt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      For fun, I'm building an app that opens a webpage and refreshes it every 30 seconds.
      But once the script performs _IEAction($oIE, "refresh"), the GUI closes.
      Any help is appreciated.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
      #include <EditConstants.au3>
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
      #include <StaticConstants.au3>
      #include <WindowsConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
      #include <Array.au3>
      #include <File.au3>
      #include <Excel.au3>
      #include <DateTimeConstants.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3>
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
      #include <Date.au3>
      #include <ComboConstants.au3>
      #include <guimenu.au3>
      #include <IE.au3>
      HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit")
      ;Open the file(s) in the selected folder
      $extension = ".txt"
      $app2openWith = @SystemDir & "\notepad.exe"
      Func Begin()
          Global $loopTrick = 0
          #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=c:\users\mchu\downloads\autoit\my code\form1.kxf
          Global $UI = GUICreate("Hit Em Up!", 256, 113, -1, -1)
          GUISetBkColor(0x000000)
          $menu = _GUICtrlMenu_GetSystemMenu($UI)
          _GUICtrlMenu_EnableMenuItem($menu, $SC_CLOSE, 1, False)
          Global $url = GUICtrlCreateInput("https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ", 81, 8, 160, 21)
          $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Target:", 16, 8, 55, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          Global $StartBut = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 16, 40, 67, 25)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 13, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x008000)
          $Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("(Press F4 to Exit)", 96, 40, 8000, 17)
          GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
          GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x00FF00)
          GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
          #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###
          While 1
              $UIfunc = GUIGetMsg()
              Select
                  Case $UIfunc = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                      _Exit()
                  Case $UIfunc = $StartBut
                      If GUICtrlRead($url) = "" Then
                          MsgBox(48, "Um...", "Give me a target you idiot.")
                      Else
                          GUICtrlSetState($url, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          GUICtrlSetState($StartBut, $GUI_DISABLE)
                          Start()
                      EndIf
              EndSelect
          WEnd
      EndFunc   ;==>Begin
      Func Start()
          If $loopTrick = 0 Then
              Global $oIE = _IECreate(GUICtrlRead($url))
              _IELoadWait($oIE)
              Again()
          ElseIf $loopTrick = 1 Then
              Sleep(3000)
              _IEAction($oIE, "refresh")
              Sleep(3000)
              Start()
          EndIf
      EndFunc   ;==>Start
      Func Again()
          $loopTrick = 1
          Start()
      EndFunc   ;==>Again
      Func _Exit()
          Exit
      EndFunc   ;==>_Exit
    • milos83
      By milos83
      I have one script that creates _IECreateEmbedded and another script that does _IEAttach.
      I do this because when autoit is doing something, the Embedded IE starts stalling (eg jquery progress animation)
      But there is a new problem.
      When IE is having its own process (like in the example above) any _IE command is slow (in the script that Attaches).
      Here is a comparison of when its in separate and when its in same process:
      Separate process _IETagNameGetCollection : 5000ms
      Separate process _IEAction: 850ms
      Same process _IETagNameGetCollection : 1ms
      Same proccess _IEAction: 135ms

If I try to attach to an embedded IE that is done in c#, I get lightning fast results.
      As you can see, _IE functions work very slow when the embedded IE we are attaching to is made in Autoit.

I did a test and if I empty the WHILE loop in IE process I get these results(but the cpu is at 30% as expected):
      Separate process _IETagNameGetCollection : 33ms
      Separate process _IEAction: 13ms

It slows down if you put anything (like GUIGetMsg) in the WHILE loop.

How do I fix this?

Create IE:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <IE.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded() GUICreate("My Embedded Web control Test", 640, 580, (@DesktopWidth - 640) / 2, (@DesktopHeight - 580) / 2, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN) GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 10, 40, 600, 360) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;Show GUI _IENavigate($oIE, "http://www.autoitscript.com") $timer = TimerInit() $oLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a", 3) ;takes 1ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) $timer = TimerInit() _IEAction($oLink, "click") ;takes 135ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) While 1 Local $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop EndSelect WEnd  
      Attach to IE:
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("My Embedded Web control Test", "embedded") $timer = TimerInit() $oLink = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "a", 3) ; 5000ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF) $timer = TimerInit() _IEAction($oLink, "click") ; 850ms ConsoleWrite(TimerDiff($timer) & @CRLF)  

attach.au3
      create.au3
    • SteveStrop
      By SteveStrop
      Hi 

I'm trying to:
      1) Open a hidden browser session
      2) Do some stuff in the background
      3)  Make the hidden window visible

This is my code:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/",0,0) $oSearchBox = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "lst-ib") $oSearchBox.innertext = "AutoIT" $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"f") _IEFormSubmit($oForm) WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW)  
      It dosen't work
      The last line does make the window visible but it is an empty greyed out box that disappears as soon as I click on it.
      I have a sort of workaround that hides the browser window as soon as I have created it which works fine:
      $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/") WinSetState("Google","",@SW_HIDE) . . . WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW) But this looks a bit pants as the newly created window flashes on then off of the screen.
      Am I using the wrong method to make the browser window visible?
      Thanks

• PINTO1927
      By PINTO1927

Hello guys,
      I need to bring up a MsgBox when the user clicks a button on the Internet Explorer page.
      This is the button on the HTML page:
      <button id="NOT_READY_BTN-btnEl" type="button" class="x-btn-center" hidefocus="true" disabled="disabled" role="button" autocomplete="off" data-qtip="ENTRA" style="width: 169px; height: 24px;"> <span id="NOT_READY_BTN-btnInnerEl" class="x-btn-inner" style="width: 169px;">ENTRA</span> <span id="NOT_READY_BTN-btnIconEl" class="x-btn-icon " style="background-image:url(img/icons/ENTRA.gif)"></span></button> Thanks
    • Tippex
      By Tippex
      I have a problem trying to use _IEAttach to recover control after a Windows Explorer reset (e.g. on Windows 7), since all the 
      InternetExplorer.Application objects appear to be destroyed by this event. An example of this is when a PC has some kind of fault causing a pop-up error message "Windows Explorer has stopped working". I can simulate this event by using Windows Task Manager to end the Explorer.exe process then to file, new task (run...) Explorer.exe
      After this event, _IEAttach gives an @error of: 
      7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) - No Match
      However, using WinList() followed by WinGetText() I can recover the URL for an IE session that has lost its 
      InternetExplorer.Application object which could be used to _IECreate a new session (the $iTryAttach fails) and WinKill() the original session but the result is a if a refresh had been done (any form entries are lost) . Unfortunately form entries do not appear as text or hidden text to Windows so I'm looking for the best way to read the contents of an Internet Explorer screen (even if just text without structure). 
      When there is no InternetExplorer.Application object (because of some Windows fault) but still with an Internet Explorer session running, I tried to read its contents by a "Select All" & "Copy to Clipboard" but its form entries are blanked and combo boxes choices are all displayed with no way of finding out which ones were selected.
      Local $ClipBoardSave = _ClipBoard_GetData() ;not ClipGet() which is text only ClipPut("") ;Clear User's Clipboard Local $sText = "" Local $hWnd = WinActivate("Window Title", "") If IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Local $bStatusCtrlSend = ControlSend("Window Title", "", "", "^a^c") If $bStatusCtrlSend Then Local $bStatusCtrlClick = ControlClick("Window Title", "", "") If $bStatusCtrlClick Then $sText = ClipGet() _ClipBoard_SetData($ClipBoardSave) ;not ClipPut($ClipBoardSave) which is text only  
      Is  there a solution to this please?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.