Excel UDF issue with 3.3.12.0 - bug?

Go to solution Solved by water,

Hello all,

I have installed the new release 3.3.12.0.

I read in the changelog that Excel UDF was re-written and I read more in the script breacking changes.

Wat about the old function _ExcelSheetActivate? I read that this function was renamed in _Excel_SheetActivate but I can't find it in the Help, and my script now detect an error (even changing the name of the function).

Can someone clarify me?

Thanks

Gianluca.

Edited by polps

Sorry, that is a documentation bug. _Excel_SheetActivate was not renamed but removed.
Use

$oExcel.Sheets.Item(x).Activate ; x can be the number or name of the sheet to activate

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• Moderators

Does it need to be Sheets.Item(x).Activate? I usually just do Sheets(x).Activate, like so, but am wondering now if it may cause unintended consequences:

$oApp = _Excel_Open()
$oWorkBook = _Excel_BookOpen($oApp, @DesktopDir & "\Test.xlsx")
Sleep(2000)
$oWorkBook.Sheets("Sheet410").Activate

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

There is no difference because "Item" is the default property of the Sheets collection.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Sorry if I bother you with my questions..

I'm re-writing my script in order to have 3.3.12.0 compatibility.

Before this code was ok

$oFileTdcShuntingXls = _ExcelBookOpen ( $FileTdcShuntingXls, 1 )
_ExcelSheetActivate ( $oFileTdcShuntingXls, "ShuntingRoutes" )
$xlLastCell = 11
$oFileTdcShuntingXls.ActiveCell.SpecialCells($xlLastCell).Activate

I re-wrote in this way, but it seems to me that it si not working... 

$oExcel = _Excel_Open()
$oFileTdcTrafficXls = _Excel_BookOpen ( $oExcel, $FileTdcTrafficXls )
$oFileTdcTrafficXls.Sheets.Item("TrafficRoutes").Activate ; "TrafficRoute" is the name of the sheet to activate
$xlLastCell = 11
$oFileTdcTrafficXls.ActiveCell.SpecialCells($xlLastCell).Activate

Thanks again.

Edited by polps

• Solution

Are you sure that ActiveSheet and ActiveCell are still needed?

The rewritten UDF no longer only works with the active sheet. You can now specify the sheet to work with.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki