New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with updated SciTE v3.4.4

Jos

• Developers

It is coded in a way it expects certain files at a fixed location so the short answer is no.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Awesome!  Thanks once again Jos.

Here are those themes.

SciTEConfigThemes.zip

Whatever floats your boat.  I aint one to judge.  ;)

Thanks for the themes ... they are added to my SVN for the next release.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded a new SciTE beta which is the merged source for release 3.5.4 soon to be released by Neil.

There are some substantial internal changes so would appreciate when some can give it a good spin to ensure all modifications made still function as they should.

Just download SciTE.exe and SciLexer.dll and copy them into your SciTE program directory.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Trying them now but noticed this

Everytime i open a script it opens about 1" wide right on the left of the screen

Doesnt seem to take notice of how i close it back to 1" when i open

Any thoughts?

• Developers

Trying them now but noticed this

Everytime i open a script it opens about 1" wide right on the left of the screen

Doesnt seem to take notice of how i close it back to 1" when i open

Any thoughts?

Not sure I understand what you are telling me here.

Is this about he window size & position when SciTE is started?

What settings do you have for it?

Tried going back and it opens full screen again but i get a lua 29 error so for now ill go back to beta

Not enough info to understand what is happening... show the error and file info please.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Like this

post-60350-0-46866200-1425839864_thumb.p

It opens like this every time and my wrap settings have gone 

The error when i rolled back to the 2008 scite wouldnt stop rolling through the window i wasnt ablee to copy it as i had to force shut scite

Edited by Chimaera

• Developers

Like this

Capture.PNG

It opens like this every time and my wrap settings have gone 

Do you mean Folding in stead of Wrap? These settings should take care of that:

save.session=1
session.folds=1

The error when i rolled back to the 2008 scite wouldnt stop rolling through the window i wasnt ablee to copy it as i had to force shut scite

This last sentence is a clear as mud to me :

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This last sentence is a clear as mud to me :

Jos

Sorry im not trying to awkward

No the complete window is collapsed as in the picture and it started when i added the 2 files also all my wrap settings stopped working at the same time.

I grabbed the 2 files from the website and replaced them over the beta which gave me the lua error 29 but i think they were the really old files so thats prob why

The bottom scite window was showing the error but it kept going round and round it and i couldnt stop it to capture it unless i dumped scite.

Anyway ive used the standard installer for scite and all seems back to normal now

• Developers

Sorry im not trying to awkward

No the complete window is collapsed as in the picture and it started when i added the 2 files also all my wrap settings stopped working at the same time.

I grabbed the 2 files from the website and replaced them over the beta which gave me the lua error 29 but i think they were the really old files so thats prob why

The bottom scite window was showing the error but it kept going round and round it and i couldnt stop it to capture it unless i dumped scite.

Anyway ive used the standard installer for scite and all seems back to normal now

I understand so don't worry ;)

When SciTE start it will read the settings from Scite.session located in %localappdataAutoIt v3SciTE"

position.left=336

position.top=366

position.width=1084

position.height=445

position.maximize=1

The defaults and behaviour is determined by the setting in SciTEUser.properties & SciTEGlobal.properties.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Ok but why was it only with the beta scte it changed, as soon as i swopped back it restored itself

I have no idea as it looks ok for me at the moment.

Is this with the latest Beta 3.5.4?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

So what is the content of %localappdataAutoIt v3SciTEScite.session for the shown keywords?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

position.left=0
position.top=0
position.width=140
position.height=785
position.maximize=1

But bear in mind ive fixed it since then and ive been working since then.

If you want me to break it again let me know
Edited by Chimaera

• Developers
If you want me to break it again let me know

In case there is a regression in the current beta 3.5.4 version it would be nice when you.somebody could give me the steps  to "break" it.

This would allow me to check whether I goofed up with the merge of the source into our own SVN.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

All seems fine for me with the new files. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:Users*****DesktopMelba Example.au3" /UserParams    

+>19:06:06 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.4.4.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:Users*****AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:Users*****AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:C:Users******DesktopMelba Example.au3
+>19:06:06 AU3Check ended.rc:0

# SciTE session file
position.left=0
position.top=0
position.width=140
position.height=785
position.maximize=1

copied the files across

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:Users*****DesktopMelba Example.au3" /UserParams    

+>19:10:58 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.14.801.2025.0 SciTE v.3.5.4.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0409)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:Users*****AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:Users*****AppDataLocalAutoIt v3SciTE 
>Running AU3Check (3.3.12.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:C:Users*****DesktopMelba Example.au3
+>19:10:58 AU3Check ended.rc:0

# SciTE session file

position.left=0
position.top=0
position.width=140
position.height=785
position.maximize=1

Dont you just love software...

My guess would be i had some oddity with the previous install which caused the freak out? and when i installed scite fully it corrected it?

Ive tried different scripts but it seems to be working ok, ill keep an eye on it 

Thx for the help

• Developers

Dont you just love software...

My guess would be i had some oddity with the previous install which caused the freak out? and when i installed scite fully it corrected it?

Ive tried different scripts but it seems to be working ok, ill keep an eye on it 

Thanks for testing ...  I am sure others will report in case it is a general issue with the latest Beta. :)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Jos locked and unpinned this topic