Sign in to follow this  
TheAutomator

Windowless context-menu when script starts

TheAutomator

Hi  :bye:

I'm trying to make a small script (windowless), when you run it there needs to appear a context-menu

where the cursor is.

So if you double-click on the script file it looks like the menu appears on the script icon..

is this easy to do?

can't find an answer directly, wish i could post some code to begin with but I have no clue how to start this  :sweating:

Can i use $hMenu = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu(-1) for this with no window?

dll calls are welcome to if it's not possible the simple way :)

Like always,

thanks in advance!

TheAutomator

MikahS

It must either be associated with the GUI window in it's entirety or to a single Ctrl. That is using GUICtrlCreateContextMenu though, and I don't have any knowledge of a workaround.

Hopefully someone with more experience/knowledge will chime in. :D

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

funkey

#NoTrayIcon
Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 1)

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Dummy Gui", 0, 0, -200, -200, -1, 0, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
GUISetState()

Global $Context = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu(GUICtrlCreateDummy())
Global $OptionsOpen = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Open", $Context)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, '_Hello')
Global $OptionsClose = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Close", $Context)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("", $Context)
Global $OptionsExit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Exit", $Context)

TrackPopupMenu($hGui, GUICtrlGetHandle($Context), MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1))

; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd)
Func TrackPopupMenu($hWnd, $hMenu, $x, $y)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "TrackPopupMenuEx", "hwnd", $hMenu, "int", 0, "int", $x, "int", $y, "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>TrackPopupMenu

Func _Hello()
    MsgBox(0, "Hello", "How are you?")
EndFunc

Edited by funkey
  • Like 2

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

TheAutomator
#NoTrayIcon
Opt('GUIOnEventMode', 1)

Global $hGui = GUICreate("Dummy Gui", 0, 0, -200, -200, -1, 0, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
GUISetState()

Global $Context = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu(GUICtrlCreateDummy())
Global $OptionsOpen = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Open", $Context)
GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, '_Hello')
Global $OptionsClose = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Close", $Context)
GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("", $Context)
Global $OptionsExit = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("&Exit", $Context)

TrackPopupMenu($hGui, GUICtrlGetHandle($Context), MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1))

; Show at the given coordinates (x, y) the popup menu (hMenu) which belongs to a given GUI window (hWnd)
Func TrackPopupMenu($hWnd, $hMenu, $x, $y)
    DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "TrackPopupMenuEx", "hwnd", $hMenu, "int", 0, "int", $x, "int", $y, "hwnd", $hWnd, "ptr", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>TrackPopupMenu

Func _Hello()
    MsgBox(0, "Hello", "How are you?")
EndFunc

guess it was not possible the simple way ^^

that's an interesting workaround, thanks for that!

funkey

guess it was not possible the simple way ^^

that's an interesting workaround, thanks for that!

That is the simple way ;)

You are welcome.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• RooperGee
      By RooperGee
      I had written a GUI with several buttons and I wanted one of the buttons to show its context menu regardless of the user right or left clicking the button.  The whole purpose of the button was to show the user a menu of options and a context menu fit the need just fine, but I needed it to display with either click option.  I came up with the code below to accomplish this but I feel like I might be missing some very obvious easier way to do this and I feel it's a little lame to be forcing a right click mouse action on the button as a result of the user doing a left click, but it works!
      Anyone have a suggestion of a better way to do this?  Otherwise, if this idea helps you, here you go.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> LeftClickContextTest() Func LeftClickContextTest() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("My GUI", 200, 100) Local $button = GUICtrlCreateButton("Show Context", 15, 40, 85, 25) Local $close = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 110, 40, 85, 25) Local $context = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($button) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 1", $context) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 2", $context) GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Test Context Item 3", $context) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $close ExitLoop Case $button MouseClick("right", MouseGetPos(0), MouseGetPos(1), 1, 0) EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  
    • Pagi
      By Pagi

<a href="index.php=4143b27b41db0a40c499202865c3e24d" class="menuitem " target="\_self"> "Menu Item 1" </a>
      Can you tell me if it´s possible to click this menu button? If yes, how? Cause I have no idea, I think i should use _IETagNameGetCollection
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      I have an inquiry please
      when i use the control get focus
      it don't detect the menu item
      there are any Method to do that?
      i'll use that to make a custom screen reader in my program
      please help me to do that
      I am waiting for your answers
      greetings to you
      Thank you in advance

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz

Hello all
      I have a question please
      this  a question is about the context menu
      When i create a list box  Or combo box
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options is appear normally
      but When i create a List view
      if i create a context menu for this list
      When i press the application key or the shortcut shift + f10
      the menu options isn't appear
      But the right mouse button works normally
      I need a solution please because I deal with the screen readers users
      Unfortunately They can not use the mouse to navigate
      So I have to find a solution to activate keyboard shortcuts
      am waiting  for your help
    • Luigi
      By Luigi
      Greetings forum,
      Hi develop this script, to use context menu with listview.
      It's work fine, run and click with left or right mouse button, you see on Console the id from item.
      If you click none, the id is -1, like this:
      $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[-1] $NM_RCLICK[2] $NM_RCLICK[1] $NM_RCLICK[0] $NM_RCLICK[1] That is correct.
      But if you uncoment the line:
      GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU")
      You have to click with left button (over item or none) and after click with right button.
      LeftButton is to update $HOSTS_INDEX.
      RightButton is to open ContextMenu.

Exist another way to update $HOSTS_INDEX?
      Example:
      Call WM_NOTIFY every time WM_CONTEXTMENU is called?
      I ask this, becouse i cant understanding why $HOSTS_INDEX is not updated when WM_CONTEXTMENU is uncomented.
      Someone can explain or help me?

Best regards.
      ;~ #AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters= -q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7 ;~ #Tidy_Parameters=/sf #include-once #include-once #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiMenu.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <Timers.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> #include <GuiComboBoxEx.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <GuiTreeView.au3> #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <TreeViewConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> OnAutoItExitRegister("OnExit") Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Opt("GUIEventOptions", 1) Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Global Enum $eCREATE = 1000, $eUPDATE, $eDELETE, $eICON_TABLE, $eDEFAULT, $eEXPORT_HTML Global Const $EMPTY = -1 Global $HOSTS_INDEX = -1 Global $HOST_Host Global $aGuiSize[2] = [800, 600] Global $sGuiTitle = "GuiTitle" Global $hGui Global $iList, $hList $hGui = GUICreate($sGuiTitle, $aGuiSize[0], $aGuiSize[1]) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Quit") $iList = GUICtrlCreateListView("nome", 20, 50, 240, 490) $hList = GUICtrlGetHandle($iList) _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($hList, 0, 236) Populate() GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGui) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NOTIFY, "WM_NOTIFY") ;~ GUIRegisterMsg($WM_CONTEXTMENU, "WM_CONTEXTMENU") While Sleep(25) WEnd Func OnExit() GUISetState($hGui, @SW_HIDE) GUIDelete($hGui) EndFunc ;==>OnExit Func Quit() Exit EndFunc ;==>Quit Func Populate() Local $arr[4] = [3, "nome 1", "nome 2", "nome 3"] _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($hList) _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($hList) For $ii = 1 To $arr[0] _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hList, $arr[$ii]) Next _GUICtrlListView_SetItemSelected($hList, 0, True, True) _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($hList) EndFunc ;==>Populate Func WM_CONTEXTMENU($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU..( $hWnd=" & $hWnd & ", $iMsg=" & $iMsg & ", $wParam=" & $wParam & ", $lParam=" & $lParam & " )" & @LF) Local $exec = 0 Local $hMenu Switch $wParam Case $hList Local $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Local $aOrigin = _GUICtrlListView_GetOrigin($hList) ConsoleWrite("WM_CONTEXTMENU $HOSTS_INDEX[" & $HOSTS_INDEX & "] $aOrigin[" & _GUICtrlListView_GetOriginX($iList) & "]" & @LF) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup() If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Then _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Add", $eCREATE) Else _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, "Rename", $eUPDATE) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 1, "Del", $eDELETE) EndIf _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hGui, $hMenu) $exec = _GUICtrlMenu_TrackPopupMenu($hMenu, $wParam, -1, -1, 1, 1, 2, 1) _GUICtrlMenu_DestroyMenu($hMenu) EndSwitch Return True EndFunc ;==>WM_CONTEXTMENU Func WM_NOTIFY($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam Local $hWndFrom, $iIDFrom, $iCode, $tNMHDR, $hWndListView, $tInfo $tNMHDR = DllStructCreate($tagNMHDR, $lParam) $hWndFrom = HWnd(DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "hWndFrom")) $iIDFrom = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "IDFrom") $iCode = DllStructGetData($tNMHDR, "Code") Local $TRY_ID Switch $hWndFrom Case $hList $TRY_ID = _GUICtrlListView_GetHotItem($hList) If Not ($TRY_ID = $HOSTS_INDEX) Then $HOSTS_INDEX = $TRY_ID Switch $iCode Case $NM_CLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_CLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) If $HOSTS_INDEX = $EMPTY Or $HOST_Host Then ;~ HOSTS_Clear() ;~ HOSTS_ListView_ItemCancel() ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_DISABLE) Else Local $name = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($hList, $HOSTS_INDEX) ;~ HOSTS_FieldLoad($name) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_DEL, $GUI_ENABLE) ;~ GUICtrlSetState($HOSTS_ITEM_UPD, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Return 0 ; allow the default processing Case $NM_RCLICK ConsoleWrite("$NM_RCLICK[" & $TRY_ID & "]" & @LF) Return 0 ; allow the default processing EndSwitch EndSwitch Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>WM_NOTIFY