Sign in to follow this  
cookiemonster

Windows 7 Compile With Options

cookiemonster

Hi All,

I had this issue a while ago but cant seem to fix it this time, and the old hard drive died so cant get the registry from it.

Ive done a fully install of the latest version of autoit on my win7 machine, but I cant 'Compile With Options' when right clicking a .au3 file.

At the moment my registry entry for compile with option is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe" /in "%l"

But this only compiles, it doesnt include the options declared at the start of my .au3 script which are:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=Ap2.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=Project.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Comment=Project
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Project 
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.2.1
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_LegalCopyright=By Jeffrey
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Can someone help?

JLogan3o13

Does it work with the same #pragma (help file) compile options?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

cookiemonster

Does it work with the same #pragma (help file) compile options?

Ive never heard oh this but can see it in the help file, bit of reading to do I guess, has this essentially replaced what I was using?

MikahS

What about using the Compile GUI in the Tools menu? There should be a second tab that you can enter this info in.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

cookiemonster

ah so the full version of autoit only has a lite version of scITE script editor, installing the full customized editor worked, cheers!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• therks
      By therks
      Has anybody else noticed that Windows 7 reacts ignorantly when you use the Windows key + arrow key shortcuts on a GUI with GUIEventMode set to 1? I discovered this recently when I was working on an app where I wanted complete control over the maximize/minimize buttons.
      Just give it a spin:
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> Opt('GUIEventOptions', 1) $hGUI = GUICreate('', 300, 200, Default, Default, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_MAXIMIZEBOX)) GUISetState() While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_MAXIMIZE ToolTip('Maximized') Case $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE ToolTip('Minimized') Case $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE ToolTip('Restored') Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Run that, then hit Win+Up or Win+Down. None of those events get triggered, and it still maximizes/minimizes. Although I can't get it to restore down from a maximize unless the window is also resizable ($WS_THICKFRAME in the style).
      Is there a way to stop Windows from doing what it wants or is the only option to check with WinGetState() and then change it back?

Windows 10 seems to respect my settings, and I don't have any other versions to test on.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I was trying to compile my executable, adding #pragma directives instead of #AutoIt3Wrapper* directives, and, I don't know why the #pragma compile doesn't add the Author field to the executable.

These are the directives:
      #pragma compile(Author, 'Surname Name') ; or #pragma compile(Author, Surname Name)
      and this is the output, in both cases:

- #pragma directive Author found but don't understand it so will ignore: #pragma compile(Author, 'Surname Name') - #pragma directive Author found but don't understand it so will ignore: #pragma compile(Author, Surname Name) What am I missing?
      Thanks

Francesco
    • msd1994
      By msd1994
      I have a script that just adds some keyboard shortcuts for things like displaying the current song and artist, moving the window to the side so it won't pop up in my way, and play/pause, next song, previous song (these are the only 3 to still work since they don't need the window handle.)
      In some update recently, Spotify's window class swapped from "[CLASS:SpotifyMainWindow]" to "[CLASS:Chrome_WidgetWin_0]". Using the new class in my controls doesn't seem to work, I've tried getting the window handle from the process handle (_GetHwndFromPID($PID)) but that seems to fail as well.
      Does anybody have some idea of a way I could get this script working again?

edit: seems like discord has the same window class name, so could be some issue with this? Still not sure of a way to solve the issue though, I added a function to get the handle of the active window and can just use that now, but it was able to find it on its own before on spotify startup or script startup which would be preferred.

Thanks!
    • Barrtrek
      By Barrtrek
      I get the "Unable to add resources" error related to AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe when compiling with a large FileInstall of a 1.5GB file.  Is there a size limit I need to be aware of?  I've also disabled or removed Trend from three different machines and had the same results.  I've had issues like this in the past but have compiled after the Aut2Exe folder was excluded in AV.  That doesn't seem to be the problem this time around.  If I comment out the FileInstall the script compiles successfully.
    • Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.