grimmlock

Pressing button does not work

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

I want to be able to press a button within a application however so far what I have tried does not seem to be working. I have successfully made the application (window) active, but when I try:

WinActivate("- AdwCleaner - v4.109")
    WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner - v4.109")
    send("{Tab}{Space}") ; even ("{TAB}{SPACE}")

ControlSend("- AdwCleaner - v4.109", "", "[CLASSNN:Button3]", "{SPACE}")

ControlClick("- AdwCleaner - v4.109", "Scan", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:3]")

I have tried using the finder utility and that is how I got the Class and instance number but nothing is working. Could someone help?

Thanks

Grimm

post-76479-0-21762500-1422986938_thumb.p

Thanks

Grimm

this worked find for me:

Local $hndle = WinActivate("- AdwCleaner -")

WinWaitActive($hndle)

Send("{Tab}")
Send("{Space}")

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Wierd, I cannot get it to work on my computer. I will try on another computer.

Thanks

Grimm

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Hm, give this one a try:

Run("AdwCleaner.exe")

WinWaitActive("- AdwCleaner -")

Send("{Tab}")
Send("{Space}")
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Thanks MikahS,

I tried both of those on 2 seperate computers and I am still getting the same result, nothing happens. I even added a msgbox to alert me when the program was active, and the msgbox works but not

Send("{Tab}")
Send("{Space}")

Thanks

Grimm

Thanks

Grimm

A shot in the dark, but put #RequireAdmin at the top of your script and try it again.

Snips & Scripts