Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
zPlayer is the name I used when I introduced the early version of this palyer in my blog back in early 2009 and, therefore, has nothing to do with the mobile media player of the same name which started marketing in 2015.
After I retired from active duty in 2002 I spent much time listening to music. First I started with CD's and LP's, then quickly moved on to mp3 files. I converted many of my CD's to mp3 and I collected many more from various sources which were freely available at the time. As the number of my mp3 files grew, I put them in folders according to their genres and my favorite classifications. I mainly used Windows Media Player to listen to them and I slowly began to dislike wmp because it had massive user interface while I just wanted to listen to music in the background while I was doing other work in the foreground, hopping between folders from time to time. It was the time I was beginning to learn AutoIt and I thought I should make my own player with AutoIt. Coming from a sales career with no experience in programming, it was not an easy task. Somehow, after about 2 years of learning and trying, I had my own audio player which worked with only hotkeys without any graphical interface. I gave it to some of my friends who were not as computer-savvy as I. They liked it but definitely wanted something to clcik with mouse. So I came up with very rude gui which took a form similar to what it is now.
The attached source files include one au3 file, one icon file and 14 jpg files. The jpg files are used for drawing a graphical player and are fileinstalled in @DocumentsCommonDir folder. This player uses WMPlayer.OCX as its engine and supports all audio file formats supported by wmp and additional codecs installed. I would like to thank @Bilgus for kind answers to my questions and would appreciate it if anyone could review the code and give me any suggestion. This player works for me, but I don't know whether the code is presentable as an example. I am posting this here with a hope to learn much from AutoIt community.
PS: 1. An error (Variable used before declaration) was reported and corrected - 02:00 hours GMT, March 14, 2019
2. An error in tray menu was corrected -10:00 hours GMT, March14, 2019
3. AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters definition was added at the top of the code and all ensuing errors were corrected. - 00:10 hours GMT, March 16 2019
4. Some features were added. - 10:30 hours GMT, March 18, 2019
a. Jumping to new play-back position in a file
b. Support for a manually made playlist
c. Ctrl+Alt+h hotkey to trigger a help message box
5. The minimum resizing width of playlist window was set at 450. - 01:10 hours GMT, March 23, 2019
6. Problems associated with actions taken while in 'paused' status was addressed. - 07:40 GMT, April 12, 2019
7. An error was found and corrected in restoring previous play-back environment when the mode was 'Shuffled.' - 11:00 GMT, April 17, 2019
Please see Downloads section of this forum for source code files.
I have now added a 4th program to the mix, and decided to place all under the banner of a suite - KindEbook Suite.
I believe it will be better served by having its own topic, rather than attempt to edit the first few posts in the old one - KindEbook Wishlist.
It is also a chance to de-clutter and make some improvements.
Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
ConvertEbook (now replaced by Batch Ebook Convert if you wish) Redundant where KFX files are concerned.
Batch Ebook Convert (new)
CalibBrowser - Multi-faceted viewer for calibre (while kind of complimentary, not part of the suite proper, not a step to apply)
Batch Create & Run
RECOMMENDED 3RD PARTY PROGRAMS & RESOURCES
calibre - Integral to the last two of my complimentary programs, and an important element of the first one. Basically an ebook database & conversion program, but also offers plenty more, especially adding ebooks to or removing ebooks from your reading device. Wikipedia
Sigil - A wonderful open source ebook editor & creator. Great for fixing issues with EPUB files, especially after converting from another format. Wikipedia
MobileRead Forums - Excellent resource for all things ebook.
BookBub - Great advisory source for ebooks, that lets you know via email about great bargains at Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Google Play, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBooks. I still use KindEbook Wishlist with anything I obtain at Amazon via BookBub links, but usually just for a purchase record ... essentially I ADD (mostly freebies) and then immediately RELOCATE to my bought (b) user. A BIG Thanks to @willichan who told me many months ago, about BookBub.
Usage Of My Programs
To help others to understand about these programs and how to use them for the best benefit, I thought it best to outline how I use them, usually each and every day.
Quick Summary Of Usage (in order of use)
1. KindEbook Wishlist - Amazon Kindle Wishlist, Price Checker, History of Changes, Record of Purchases.
2. Bucket-for-URLs - Assistant to KindEbook Wishlist with new ebook discoveries, if a lot of them. When BookBub freebies lead to many others at Amazon.
3. AZWPlug - Add Kindle purchases to a database and to calibre, plus get right-click detail of selected ebook file (once added to database).
4. UpdateFromOPF - Make changes or corrections to the Metadata (OPF) file in calibre.
5. Batch Ebook Convert - Convert existing ebook (usually AZW3, sometimes MOBI) to EPUB and if missing, MOBI.
6. TeraCopy Timer - Make backups locally (outside of calibre library), and to thumbstick for transfer to another PC etc.
7. Batch Create & Run - Make passworded and zipped backups to Google Drive (locally).
8. Add Book & All Formats To Calibre - Add one backup copy of each ebook (all formats) to calibre on another PC.
Add Book & All Formats To Calibre
Batch Ebook Convert
Here is an UDF for managing printers.
Features are :
- add, remove or rename a printer
- add or remove a driver
- add or remove a TCP/IP printer port
- add or remove a LPR printer port
- connect to a remote printer
- enum printers and there configuration and properties
- pause resume or cancel all jobs of a printer
- checks if a printer exists
- print a test page
- set the default printer
Here is my best script ever!!!
It's a program that display lyrics for church songs. (Sorry in French only, but can be used for any languages...) and images like (jpg, png, bmp,..) and resize them.
- Fade in effect (thanks to UEZ)
- Slide show (display pictures every x sec)
- Open, save list for more flexibility...
- Can handle videos (with VLC)
Thanks to many of the forum members where I took some part of the code...
NEW VERSION V1.6.2 (see link below) 09.2016
Perfect for your presentation!!!
program can be found HERE