Sign in to follow this  
babyjoe

.NET: ControlClick only works with ControlGetHandle before it

babyjoe

I've run into something peculiar, which I haven't been able to find more info on with the search.

The issue is a dropdownbox-control which I want to click, in a .NET program. The Class changes for everytime it is run.
When I do a normal ControlClick, nothing happens and it exits with 0.

I tried ControlClick referencing the control with [NAME:] and/or with [TEXT:] but that does not work.
However, if right before the ControlClick, I do a ControlGetHandle statement, then the ControlClick will suddenly work after all...

The window title stays the same, and there is only 1 control with that text.

Example:
ControlClick("Navigator","","[TEXT:Raster]") does not work. Returns with 0.
----
ControlGetHandle("Navigator","","[TEXT:Raster]") Returns with 1.
ControlClick("Navigator","","[TEXT:R
aster]") works and returns with 1.

Why is this happening?
I'm glad it works, but I get the feeling I'm doing something in a wrong way.

babyjoe

Yes!
So, somehow getting the handle also does something similar like putting the control in focus?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Skysnake
      By Skysnake
      I need to automate a specific GUI from a legacy system written in C.
      The spy tool gives me this

I use this code
      Local $swintit = WinGetTitle("[active]") ConsoleWrite("active Window " & $swintit & @CRLF) If $swintit = "FILES NOTES" Then ; If $swintit = "FILES NOTES" Then ; got Window, now atomate ConsoleWrite("got Window " & @CRLF) ; now focus, then click :) ;EditPaste ;ControlCommand("FILES NOTES", "", 404, $acno) ; paste acno GUICtrlSetState(404, $GUI_Focus) ControlCommand("FILES NOTES", "", 404, $acno) ; paste acno GUICtrlSetState(401, $GUI_Focus) ControlClick("FILES NOTES", "", 401, $acno) ; click okay EndIf ; If $swintit = "FILES NOTES" Then The idea is to paste the acno value into the edit box, then click an Okay button.
      I get a console write that the active Window is as expected, but my loop completes without ever writing anything into the GUI.
      I also tried the control ID as text "404" - same result
      What am I missing?
      Skysnake

• JNutt
      By JNutt

I'm trying to use mouseclick in a panel above.  I want to click on a list item, such as 'Estimated'.  (I've given up on trying to use control click for this).  I'm using window info coordinates from 'Control' tab.

; click 'Columns' WinActivate("Innovaya Studio with Sage (Archtectural 2017_V1.invx") MouseClick("primary", 292, 88, 1, 1) WinActivate("Select Browsing Properties") Sleep(1000) MouseClick("primary", 27, 70, 0,0) Sleep(2000) Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}") Sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") ControlClick( But when I used the code Autoit doesn't click where the coordinates are.  In the scipts it is the second MouseClick that won't work.  Any ideas?
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Hello I got this script works below and I want to do not move cursor on screen when action is performed.
      Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1) ; cause it gets whole screen coords Local $x, $y Local $search = _ImageSearch('item.bmp', 0, $x, $y, 0) If $search = 1 Then MouseMove($x, $y,0) MouseClick("right", $x, $y)) MouseMove($xMiddle, $yMiddle,0) MouseClick("left", $xMiddle, $yMiddle) EndIf I changed this above to this below and what happen is. It clicks right button and then left button but not move mouse to $x $y and then to $xMiddle $yMiddle.
      Opt("MouseCoordMode", 1) ; cause it gets whole screen coords Local $x, $y Local $search = _ImageSearch('item.bmp', 0, $x, $y, 0) If $search = 1 Then ControlClick("","",0,"secondary",1,$x,$y) ControlClick("","",0,"primary",1,$xMiddle,$yMiddle) EndIf If needed I got handle in var $hwnd
      Please tell me how parameters in ControlClick would like be
    • Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip

• ur
      By ur
      I am clicking on a button on to submit o form UI.
      Problem is, the code working on windows 10,7, server 2012 r2 but not on windows server 2008.
      I checked the IDs also on that OS, they didn't change.
      Even the ControlClick is returning the status as success only but button is not getting clicked.
      But controlsettext on other fields are working.
      ;$MartConfigWindow is window object ControlClick($MartConfigWindow, "", "[CLASS:WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.378734a; INSTANCE:2]")  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.