Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alongsnake

Func with optional arguments, but mandatory if entered

5 posts in this topic

The best example is MouseClick, where you have MouseClick($Button, [$x, $y, [..........]]) Where if X is set, Y must be set too.

I do know how to make it so that X and Y are optional, but I am not sure how to get Y mandatory if X is set. I did check the help, but didn't see anything there.

Thanks in advance

No sure I understand the true issue here, but just do a simply with $y and $x in the Func itself and only make $x mandatory?

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

You know how you can do MouseClick and not specify a position argument? It will just click where ever the mouse is. If you want to specify a position, you have to specify both X and Y. It is optional to specify an X and Y, but if you do, they both have to be.

Something like this ?

Func Function($x = Default, $y = Default)
    If ($x <> Default AND $y = Default) OR ($x = Default AND $y <> Default) Then
        Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    ElseIf $x = Default Then
        ConsoleWrite("X and Y not set")
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("X and Y set")
    EndIf
EndFunc

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      Im creating a tab
      Global $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(30, 30, 600, 420, $TCS_BUTTONS, -1) And what we see in the function reference:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateTab.htm
      GUICtrlCreateTab ( left, top [, width [, height [, style = -1 [, exStyle = -1]]]] ) ok in 5 arg I got $TCS_BUTTONS
      But How can I use multiple args like this below
      Global $Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTab(30, 30, 600, 420, [$TCS_BUTTONS, $TCS_MULTILINE], -1)  
    • MarkBe
      By MarkBe
      Hi
      I am trying to check a number of applications are up to date and install the update if required. This will run as a shutdown script, pushed out through Group Policy.
      I am querying various registry keys to determine if
      The software is actually installed The software is at the correct version Once the need for update is determined then it calls another function to run the update.
      If the software is up to date or not installed, it moves down to the next software section which changes the registry key variables and calls the registry query function again
      I have managed to get the function for (un)installs to work but I am having trouble with the registry query function
      #NoTrayIcon #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> ; Here we go! ;########################################################################################################## ;Declare variables Global $RegKey86, $RegKey64, $RegValueName, $RegValueData, $CheckVersion86, $CheckVersion64 ; 7Zip ;########################################################################################################## _7Zip_Function() Func _7Zip_Function() ; Registry location and values that are checked for current software version ; Ensure the x64 key is preceeded with 'HKLM64' $RegKey86="HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegKey64="HKLM64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7-Zip" $RegValueName="DisplayVersion" $RegValueData="16.04" ; Excecution ; --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If _CheckSW() = 1 Then _UninstallOldVer() _InstallSW() EndIf EndFunc ;==>_7Zip_Function ; Functions ;########################################################################################################## Func _CheckSW() $CheckVersion86=RegRead ($RegKey86, $RegValueName) $CheckVersion64=RegRead ($RegKey64, $RegValueName) If $CheckVersion86=$RegValueData Or $CheckVersion64=$RegValueData Then Return 0 ElseIf $CheckVersion86="" And $CheckVersion64="" Then Return 0 Else Return 1 EndIf EndFunc ;==>CheckSW  
    • StMaSi
      By StMaSi
      If I am using a RunWait command to launch a batch file from within an AutoIt script, how can I pass a variable to said batch file so that the batch file can utilize said variable like in a %var% format? Thank you in advance.
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong with this code?
      I'm trying to take user input and then run a function with the same name, but it's not calling the function.
      So in the below after pressing Shift+F8 I would enter the text (without quotes) "testFunc".
      As you can see I've also tried this with IF statements, I'm new to using Switch/Case.
      HotKeySet("+{F8}", RunManually) Func RunManually() ;Use a case statement with 1 hot key and an InputBox to manually run functions $funcName = InputBox("Which Func to Run?", "Enter the name of the function to run") MsgBox(0, "Entered value", $funcName) ;If $funcName = testFunc Then testFunc() ;If $funcName = test2Func Then test2Func() Switch $funcName Case testFunc MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") testFunc() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") Case test2Func MsgBox(0, "Calling", "Calling Function") test2Func() MsgBox(0, "Called", "Function call finished") EndSwitch EndFunc While 1 ;testFunc() Sleep(1000) WEnd Func testFunc() MsgBox(0, "func running", "Seems to work!") EndFunc Func test2Func() MsgBox(0, "func 2 running", "2 Seems to work!") EndFunc Thanks!
    • TheOnlyOne
      By TheOnlyOne
      So currently I have some code waiting for a status to change(there is different indicators to check if this status has changed) 
      Func oneRow($count) $globaltimer = _Timer_SetTimer($gui, 60000*10, "reset") $errTimer = TimerInit() While (1)         If PixelGetColor(1117, 326) = 0xC6C6C6 Then ExitLoop (1)         Sleep(500)         MouseClick("right")         Sleep(600)         If PixelGetColor(1117, 326) = 0xC6C6C6 Then ExitLoop (1)         If TimerDiff($errTimer) > 5000 Then             If PixelGetColor(1100, 310) = 0x707070 Or PixelGetColor(901, 305) = 0xE0E0E0 Or PixelGetColor(1043, 383) = 0xC6C6C6 Then                 Sleep(100)                 Send("{esc}")                 Sleep(1000)             EndIf         EndIf     WEnd .... EndFunc   ;==>oneRow The two timers is for error checking. This works just fine the problem comes when I go into the while 1 loop, my hotkeys at the top of the program seems to stop working, for an example 
      HotKeySet("{f1}", "stop") Func stop() Exit EndFunc ;==>stop Does not work at all after the while loop. The globaltimer is never called even though i tried setting the delay all the way down to 3 seconds. So I thought that maybe one of the function I use is blocking so the timer would never be called/the hotkey wouldn't work? if i make an delay just before the while loop the hotkey works just fine. Oh and the errTimer is supossed to not reset after 5 seconds but should keep making the check it does if five seconds have passed