SugarBall

How to write 2 IFs and to create action after?

SugarBall

Hey can anyone help me with the right syntax of writing 2 IF conditionals before completing an action? (two IFs must be completed so the action be performed)

should i write it " If(....) and If(......) then " or " If(....)  , If(....) then " or these are wrong ways? 

SugarBall

mikell

One If, use "and" for the expressions

If ($a > $b) and ($c > $d) then

Look in the helpfile 'Operators'

• Like 1

Melba23

SugarBall,

Neither of those - this is the correct syntax:

If (....) And (......) Then

M23

• Like 1

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______Open Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

SugarBall

I thank you very much both mikell and Melba23

ViciousXUSMC

Also Nested Statements can be the answer depending on your needs.

;Testing that X > 3 AND X < 10 both must be true

$X = InputBox("Value for X", "Please Enter Your Value for $X", 7)

If $X > 3 Then
If $X < 10 Then
MsgBox(0, "", "X is > 3 and < 10")
Else
MsgBox(0, "", "X is not < 10")
EndIf
Else
MsgBox(0, "", "X is Not > 3")
EndIf

The Else is completely optional, gives you a good way to return a value if false. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ShakeelAhmad
      By ShakeelAhmad
      I've to upload different number of photos online in different assignments. There is a problem that all photos cannot be selected at once to upload. I have to choose and upload photos one by one. For this purpose I have made a script to automate whatever I have to do manually for choosing and uploading photos one by one.
      Please see my script below and check the last "MouseClick" command. This command clicks the button to choose and upload next photo. The problem I'm facing is; the last "MouseClick" works 1 step extra when all photos have been selected and uploaded. I mean if 7 photos are to be uploaded, this command opens the box from where next photo is selected and uploaded then it again opens the box and next photo is choosen and so on.... when last photo is selected and uploaded, this button once again opens the box. When all photos are uploaded, it should not click the button to select next photo. Please suggest how can I resolve this issue.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Sleep(200) HotKeySet("{ESC}","Quit") ;Press ESC key to quit Send("{ALT DOWN}") Send("{TAB}") Send("{ALT UP}") Sleep(200) Local $photos = InputBox("Question", "How many photos to upload?", "#", "", _ - 1, -1, 0, 0) ; How many photos to upload Local $selector = 0 While $photos <> $selector MouseClick("Left", 281, 238, 1) ; mouse click on very first photo in the box. if $selector = 0 Then Send("{ENTER}") ; for selecting very first photo from "open" window. Sleep(800) Else sleep(200) Send("{RIGHT " & $selector & "}") ; for selecting 2nd to onward photos from "open" window. sleep(1000) Send("{ENTER}") sleep(1000) EndIf MouseClick("Left", 495, 198, 1) ; for clicking a button to choose next photo to upload $selector = $selector + 1 WEnd Beep(1500, 300) ; beep when all photos uploaded Exit Regards,

Shakeel
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi guys,
      I'm learning about GUI's, I'm trying the below code, the idea being if I press the letter "e" while I have the GUI open I want the label color to change to green (I'm using a UDF for label colors). But every time I press "e" on my keyboard I just get a "ding" sound from my speakers and nothing changes with the label.
      I've looked at using something like "While GUIGetMsg() <> $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE" as I've seen it in other code instead of "While 1", but I don't think it's relevant.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>; for GUI... #include <GUIRichLabel.au3>; UDF for rich text label fonts #include <Misc.au3>; for _IsPressed $myLetter = "e" $hGUI = GUICreate("test", 700, 60) $lbl2 = _GUICtrlRichLabel_Create($hGUI, '<font color="purple">' & $myLetter & '</font>', 10, 10); , 260, 25 GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") While 1 if _IsPressed(Hex($myLetter), $hDLL) Then While _IsPressed(Hex($myLetter), $hDLL) Sleep(250) WEnd _GUICtrlRichLabel_SetData($lbl2, '<font color="green">' & $myLetter & '</font>') Sleep(2000) DllClose($hDLL) Exit EndIf Sleep(50) WEnd DllClose($hDLL) I am using an array of letters that I'm wanting to do this for, but as I can't get it to work I've stripped it down to the simplest code I can think of to try and get this working first. Appreciate any help.
      Thanks!
    • AndreasNWWWWW
      By AndreasNWWWWW
      Hi, i'm curious if this is even possible, i want to do an action if the ini file contains current values under a section.
      for my test i'm looking for 100,200,300,400,500
      and if any of those excits i want to pop a msgbox with the number in the section.
      i can in my example find one, but it does not check everyone. why?  what am i missing?
      Local $iscore810[5] = [100,200,300,400,500] Local $iMax800 = 5 While 1 ;~     Send("{pause}") ;;func les ini fil     $var = IniReadSection("Area.ini", "modus")     If @error Then         MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Unable to read section.")     Else          For $number = 1 To $var[0][0] If $var[$number][1] == $iscore810[3] Then       MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "FAnt den på", $var[$number][0], 5) EndIf                       Next     EndIf     exit WEnd  
    • Aleksandar
      By Aleksandar
      So can anyone help me ? I need to restart program when condition is not met ...

• Gaffgarion
      By Gaffgarion
      i found this script by melba23 and its exactly what i wanted > link
      #include <Misc.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $hDLL = DllOpen("user32.dll") HotKeySet("{q}","_Start") ; Fire HotKey on q key HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Exit") While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Func _Start () ; Look for w key If _IsPressed("57", $hDLL) Then ; Only action if BOTH pressed MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "Got it") EndIf EndFunc Func _Exit() DllClose($hDLL) Exit EndFunc  
      if im not wrong, if i hold q key first and then press w key, then the output will be messagebox that says "got it"
      but when i tested it, it doesnt do anything.
      but if i reverse the order, hold w key first, and then press q key, it works.
      now i dont know why is this happen, or is this how this script supposed to do? or there's something wrong?
      thank you.