TheAutomator

CUI console mouseevent

TheAutomator

Hi everyone :bye:

Can someone guide me to the right direction with this question?

I need a simple example for getting the mouse coordinates and other input events (using api calls, not mousegetpos) on a console window (return the x and y cell)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684239(v=vs.85).aspx

UDF link where I get the code from:

https://github.com/MattDiesel/au3-console/blob/master/Console.au3

A c++ example that does exactly what i'm looking for:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms685035(v=vs.85).aspx

The code in the attachments helps a lot but I don't quite understand it,

what code of it is necessary and is there a way more 'simple/less code' way to do this (like the c++ example)

Thanks,

TheAutomator

test.au3

Edited by TheAutomator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• boomingranny
      By boomingranny
      Use this UDF to add a console gui to your script (with log file):
      It uses the Hidden Autoit window (that you probably didn't even know existed)
      Closing Console window will terminate script.
      example of console:

#include-once #include <GuiEdit.au3> EnableConsoleGui("example.log") ;example: ;------------------------ ConsoleWrite ("Hello World") For $i = 1 To 10 ConsoleWrite (".") Sleep(200) Next ConsoleWrite ("done") ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ConsoleWrite ("close me to exit"&@CRLF) While 1 Sleep(1000) WEnd ;------------------------ ;end of example code Func EnableConsoleGui($Logfile="") ;EnableConsoleGUI ;by Daniel Barnes 20/04/2018 ;Uses AutoIt's Hidden window as a console (output only) Global $pidChild ;if we don't have a parent (as the parent window would have our script name) If Not WinExists(StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) Then Opt("TrayIconHide",1) ;get Autoit's hidden window handle local $hWnd = WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()) ;move the autoit hidden window to the middle of the screen WinMove($hWnd, "", (@DesktopWidth / 2) - 250, (@DesktopHeight / 2) - 250, 500, 500) ;get the Handle of the edit box in Autoit's hidden window $hEditBox = ControlGetHandle($hWnd,"","[CLASS:Edit; INSTANCE:1]") ;show it WinSetState($hWnd, "", @SW_SHOW) ;set its title = our script name WinSetTitle($hWnd,"",StringTrimRight(@ScriptName,4)) ;Spawn a child "copy" of the script, enabling reading of its console... If @Compiled Then ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) Else ;2 = $STDOUT_CHILD. This avoids requiring the AutoItConstants.au3 in this sample code $pidChild= Run( FileGetShortName(@AutoItExe) & " " & FileGetShortName(@ScriptFullPath),@ScriptDir,"",2) EndIf OnAutoItExitRegister("EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID") ;read the console, while the child window exists (and the console window is visible) While ProcessExists($pidChild) $ConsoleRead = StdoutRead($pidChild) If $ConsoleRead then $text = StringLeft(ControlGetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox),65535) If $Logfile Then FileWrite($Logfile,$ConsoleRead) $text &= $ConsoleRead ControlSetText($hWnd,"",$hEditBox,$text) ConsoleWrite($ConsoleRead) ;scroll to bottom of console edit window _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hEditBox, 65535, 65535) endif Sleep(250) WEnd exit endif EndFunc Func EnableConsoleGui_CloseChildPID() ;if this func isn't used ;when you close the console gui ;the child "clone" of your script will keep running ProcessClose($pidChild) EndFunc
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      While programming I often use ConsoleWrite() for debugging. If the script isn’t to big I often don’t do extra logging but let my ConsoleWrite()’s inside. Sometimes difficulties appear later when @compiled and weeks are gone. So my first thought often is let’s run the script and catch the console outs of my script. So I coded a console reader.
      There are two ways to start the buggy script. First via $cmdline send to the reader and second with drag’n’drop onto the readers gui.
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <WinAPIProc.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiRichEdit.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $data = "" Global $g_aPID = [0] Global $g_bFreeze = False Global $g_iZaehler = 0 Global $g_hGUI = GUICreate("Console: StdoutRead" , 800, 800, -1, -1, $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_CLIPCHILDREN, $WS_EX_ACCEPTFILES) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Exit") Global $text = GUICtrlCreateEdit("",10,30,780,760, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_READONLY + $ES_NOHIDESEL) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DROPACCEPTED); + $GUI_FOCUS) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKBORDERS) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_DROPPED, "_Dropped") _GUICtrlEdit_SetLimitText($text, 8388608) ; a filesize about 1mb Global $g_LaZeilen = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Zeilen: " & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler), 680, 10, 100, 9, $SS_LEFTNOWORDWRAP, $WS_EX_LAYERED) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKRIGHT + $GUI_DOCKTOP + $GUI_DOCKSIZE) Global $g_hCbFreeze = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("&Freeze", 13, 5, 90) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($g_hCbFreeze, "_Freeze") Global $g_hBuCopy = GUICtrlCreateButton("&Copy All", 125, 5, 70, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 9, -1, -1, "Lucida Console") GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKALL) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($g_hBuCopy, "_Copy") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then _ViaCmdline() _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF) EndIf Global $sText = StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler) & @TAB _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $sText) Local $nextline While 1 If $g_aPID[0] > 0 Then $nextline = _ConsoleReadLine() $nextline = StringReplace($nextline, @CRLF, @CRLF & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler) & @TAB) $sText = $nextline If $g_bFreeze = False Then _GUICtrlEdit_AppendText($text, $sText) EndIf GUICtrlSetData($g_LaZeilen, "Zeilen: " & StringFormat("% 5d", $g_iZaehler)) EndIf _ProcessExist() WEnd #region - Funcs Func _ConsoleReadLine() Local $Result,$crPos While True _ProcessExist() For $i = 1 To $g_aPID[0] $data &= StdoutRead($g_aPID[$i]) If @error Then ExitLoop Next $crPos = StringInStr($data, @CRLF) If $crPos Then $Result = StringLeft($data, $crPos) & @CRLF $data = StringRight($data, StringLen($data) - $crPos) $g_iZaehler += 1 Return $Result EndIf WEnd Return SetError(1, 1, $data) EndFunc Func _Dropped() Local $hPID = Run(@GUI_DragFile, "", Default, $STDERR_MERGED) ConsoleWrite("DROP: " & $hPID & " " & @GUI_DragFile & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($g_aPID, $hPID) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndFunc Func _ViaCmdline() Local $hPID = Run($CmdLine[1], "", Default, $STDERR_MERGED) ConsoleWrite("CMDLINE: " & $hPID & " " & $CmdLine[1] & @CRLF) _ArrayAdd($g_aPID, $hPID) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndFunc Func _Freeze() $g_bFreeze = Not $g_bFreeze ConsoleWrite("FREEZE: " & $g_bFreeze & @CRLF) GUICtrlSetState($text, $GUI_FOCUS) EndFunc Func _Copy() ConsoleWrite("COPY" & @CRLF) ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($text)) EndFunc Func _ProcessExist() For $i = $g_aPID[0] To 1 Step - 1 If Not ProcessExists($g_aPID[$i]) Then ConsoleWrite("GONE: " & $g_aPID[$i] & @CRLF) _ArrayDelete($g_aPID, $i) $g_aPID[0] = UBound($g_aPID) - 1 EndIf Next EndFunc Func _Exit() If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then ; if reader is started by $cmdline then no script will exit but reader For $i = 1 To $g_aPID[0] ConsoleWrite("KILL: " & $g_aPID[$i] & " " & _WinAPI_GetProcessFileName($g_aPID[$i]) & @CRLF) ProcessClose($g_aPID[$i]) Next EndIf ConsoleWrite("EXIT" & @CRLF) Exit EndFunc #endregion Funcs Maybe someone will find it useful too. 
      One last remark. If only one script is given via $cmdline to the reader no scripts will exit if consolereader exits. But otherwise all scripts dropped onto the readers gui will exit too. This is by design. If you want to change this do it inside func _exit().
      Regards, Conrad 
      P.S. Possibly some #includes are not necessary anymore but have been while scripting.
    • Tarakesh
      By Tarakesh
      I have a situation where the desktop is designed in java swings. The nodes JTree is not allowing me to do checkbox selection using "spacebar". I am able to navigate through the nodes using up, down arrow and a tab. When I reach to the desire node selection, mouse left click is not working due a flaw a JTree core. However since it is selected, if mouse cursor auto moved to the position of the selection and send a "click"  then it should be solved. Any ideas much appreciated. 
      the problem with having fixed coordinates are the main windows is divided to 2panels where right panel containing this JTree can be expanded or shrink-ed.

• FMS
      By FMS
      Hello,
      As I was searching this forum I came along something intresting what was new to me.
      CUI/GUI hybrid.
      Whish sounds very usefull to me to compile it all into 1 script.
      So i was fideling around whit it but couldn't get it to work.
      In the real script (not this simplified version) i got a lot of functions whish i can use whan talking to it by commandline and switches.
      I could not get this to work and hope somebody could give me some pointers on how to make it work.
      Also I was hoping iff somebody could help me whit the /? function?
      (I don't know how to output the help text back to the commandline or the function that can help me do it)
      please advice and thanks in advanced.
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseUpx=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y #include <Process.au3> #include <Array.au3> If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then If _ProcessGetName(ProcessGetParent(@AutoItPID)) = "cmd.exe" Then ;ConsoleWrite("Program was started in CMD" & @CRLF) If Mod($CmdLine[0], 2) <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "Invalid number of parameters! has to be a multiple of 2!") If $CmdLine[0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, $sTitle, "No parameters passed!") For $i = 1 To $CmdLine[0] Step 2 If $CmdLine[$i] = "/switch" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/switch is " & $CmdLine[$i+1]) If $CmdLine[$i] = "/?" Then MsgBox(64, "Passed Parameters", "/? " ) Next _ArrayDisplay($CmdLine) Else #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 239, 65, 192, 124) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button1", 32, 24, 75, 25) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Button2", 120, 24, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 button1() Case $button2 button2() EndSwitch WEnd EndIf EndIf Exit Func button1() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func button2() MsgBox(16, "title", "button1()!") EndFunc Func ProcessGetParent($i_PID) ;get PID from parent process done by SmOke_N Local $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS = 0x00000002 Local $a_tool_help = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "long", "CreateToolhelp32Snapshot", "int", $TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS, "int", 0) If IsArray($a_tool_help) = 0 Or $a_tool_help[0] = -1 Then Return SetError(1, 0, $i_PID) Local $tagPROCESSENTRY32 = _ DllStructCreate( _ "dword dwsize;" & _ "dword cntUsage;" & _ "dword th32ProcessID;" & _ "uint th32DefaultHeapID;" & _ "dword th32ModuleID;" & _ "dword cntThreads;" & _ "dword th32ParentProcessID;" & _ "long pcPriClassBase;" & _ "dword dwFlags;" & _ "char szExeFile[260]" _ ) DllStructSetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, 1, DllStructGetSize($tagPROCESSENTRY32)) Local $p_PROCESSENTRY32 = DllStructGetPtr($tagPROCESSENTRY32) Local $a_pfirst = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32First", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If IsArray($a_pfirst) = 0 Then Return SetError(2, 0, $i_PID) Local $a_pnext, $i_return = 0 If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) If $i_return Then Return $i_return Return $i_PID EndIf While @error = 0 $a_pnext = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "Process32Next", "long", $a_tool_help[0], "ptr", $p_PROCESSENTRY32) If DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ProcessID") = $i_PID Then $i_return = DllStructGetData($tagPROCESSENTRY32, "th32ParentProcessID") If $i_return Then ExitLoop $i_return = $i_PID ExitLoop EndIf WEnd DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "int", "CloseHandle", "long", $a_tool_help[0]) Return $i_return EndFunc ;==>ProcessGetParent