colombeen

Enable/Disable network card WMI

colombeen

Hi guys

I've been looking around to enable/disable network cards using WMI but so far the only way i could get it to work was with this :

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "WMIC PATH Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE Index=" & $NetAdp_CurrID & " CALL " & $action, "", @SW_HIDE)

The $NetAdp_CurrID var would be the index of the network card and the $action var would be enable or disable in my line of code.

I know it's possible to do this with wmi without using cmd but i can't figure out how.

Anyone who has the answer to my problem?

I've tried with using the wmi query and adding .enable() and .disable() at the end but that doesn't work (or at least not for me)

Edited by colombeen
more info

jguinch

You can call WMI methods directly with AutoIt.

Look at my network UDF (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/155539-network-configuration-udf/) : _EnableNetAdapter / _DisableNetAdapter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I'm working on a little project of mines, and I was trying to use WMI Object.
      The question which I don't find an answer is: 
      Once I do the query with WMI Object, something like "SELECT * FROM Win32_LogonSession", instead of specify the field of the collection returned, ( i.e. $colItems.Caption ), can I loop though each property and each value of the property, writing so one row of code only?
      Hope my question was clear enough.
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
    • ahmet
      By ahmet
      Hello,
      I am trying to make a program that will uninstall some software, provided by some form of a list. I have this
      ; Generated by AutoIt Scriptomatic June 08, 2010 ;#RequireAdmin $sPartialName="java" $wbemFlagReturnImmediately = 0x10 $wbemFlagForwardOnly = 0x20 $colItems = "" $strComputer = "localhost" ;$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") ;$objWMIService=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2") $objWMIService=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & @ComputerName & "\root\cimv2") $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_Product", "WQL", $wbemFlagReturnImmediately + $wbemFlagForwardOnly) If IsObj($colItems) then For $objItem In $colItems If StringInStr($objItem.Name,$sPartialName)=1 Then ConsoleWrite("Full name:" & $objItem.Name & @CRLF) RunAs("USERNAME",@ComputerName,"PASSWORD",0,@ComSpec & " /c" & ' wmic product where name="Java 9.0.4 (64-bit)" call uninstall /nointeractive',"C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem",@SW_MAXIMIZE) ;Run('wmic product where name="Java 9.0.4 (64-bit)" call uninstall /nointeractive',"",@SW_MAXIMIZE) ExitLoop EndIf Next Else Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_Product" ) Endif The script above fails uninstalling software despite providing username and password for admin account. If I run script with admin rights then the software gets uninstalled.
      At the following link there is a script by JLogan3o13 but it does not either uninstall software, unless run as admin..
      Is there some way to uninstall software using wim or wimc by providing user name and password?

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      #include <Array.Au3> ;WMI EXAMPLE Local $strComputer = "localhost" Local $sClass = "" Local $objClass Local $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2") ; Display all available Classes in this object _ArrayDisplay(Get_Classes($objWMIService), "AVAILABLE WMI CLASSES", "", 0, Default, "NAME") ;Split string at \n(@LF) place each into an array $sClass = "Win32_BIOS" ;<-The Class I've choosen ;Lets Try out one of the classes Local $objClass = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2:" & $sClass) ConsoleWrite($sClass & @CRLF & "------------------------------------------" & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay(Split_Properties(Get_Properties($objClass)), $sClass & " Properties", "", 0, Default, "NAME|VALUE") ;No methods available for this one but... ConsoleWrite("Methods:" & @CRLF & @CRLF) Get_Methods($objClass) ;Lets Do it again for the network adapter Class $sProperties = "" $sClass = "Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration" ;<-The Class I've choosen ;Lets Try out one of the classes $objClass = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2:" & $sClass) ConsoleWrite($sClass & @CRLF & "------------------------------------------" & @CRLF) _ArrayDisplay(Split_Properties(Get_Properties($objClass)), $sClass & " Properties", "", 0, Default, "NAME|VALUE") ConsoleWrite("Methods:" & @CRLF & @CRLF) Get_Methods($objClass) Func Get_Classes($obj) ; Display all available Classes in this object If IsObj($obj) Then Local $sClasses = "" For $objClass In $obj.SubclassesOf() ;<--WMI Method $sClasses &= ($objClass.Path_.Class) & @LF ;Build a string seperated by \n(@LF) Next EndIf Return StringSplit($sClasses, @LF) EndFunc ;==>Get_Classes Func Get_Methods($objClass) Local $sResults = "" If IsObj($objClass) Then For $objMethods In $objClass.Methods_ ConsoleWrite(@TAB & $objMethods.Name & @CRLF) $sResults &= $objMethods.Name & @LF Next EndIf Return $sResults EndFunc ;==>Get_Methods Func Get_Properties($objClass) Local $sProperties = "" If IsObj($objClass) Then For $objClassProp In $objClass.Properties_() ;<-Another WMI Method For $obj In $objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from " & $sClass) ;<-Another WMI Method $sProperties &= $objClassProp.Name & @CR $sProperties &= Parse_Value($obj.Properties_($objClassProp.Name).Value) ;Use the Properties_ Method to call our desired property Next Next EndIf Return $sProperties EndFunc ;==>Get_Properties Func Parse_Value($vValue) Local $sRet = "" Switch StringLower(VarGetType($vValue)) Case "keyword" ; Not really sure what this one is probably NULL $sRet = Number($vValue) = 0 ? "" : Number($vValue) Case "array" $sRet = _ArrayToString($vValue, ", ") Case "string", "bool", "int32", "int64", "double", "binary" $sRet = $vValue Case "pointer" $sRet = "[PTR]:" & $vValue Case Else $sRet = "[" & VarGetType($vValue) & "]: " & $vValue EndSwitch $sRet &= @LF Return $sRet EndFunc ;==>Parse_Value Func Split_Properties($sProperties) Local $aDisp = StringSplit($sProperties, @LF) ;Split string at \n(@LF) place each into an array Local $aTmp If IsArray($aDisp) Then _ArrayColInsert($aDisp, 1) For $i = 1 To $aDisp[0][0] ; String Split stores Count in the first element by default $aTmp = StringSplit($aDisp[$i][0], @CR) ;Split string at \r(@CR) place each into an array If IsArray($aTmp) Then $aDisp[$i][0] = $aTmp[0] > 0 ? $aTmp[1] : "?" ;Check if this element exists if not make it "?" $aDisp[$i][1] = $aTmp[0] > 1 ? $aTmp[2] : " " ;Check if this element exists if not make it " " EndIf Next EndIf Return $aDisp EndFunc ;==>Split_Properties  
    • simy8891
      By simy8891
      Hi guys,
      It's been a while since I wrote my last message here and a while since I used AutoIt. I'm currently sort of desperate and I'm trying to find some help in regards of getting the network usage per process!
      I'm not interested in the total network usage of the NIC, but only on a specific PID's network utilization. They idea is to collect the amount of traffic uploaded and downloaded by a list of specific processes. So far Process Hacker and Process Explorer are capable of getting what I need, but I need to use these numbers in another script so they're sort of useless to me. I can't seem to find a way around it.
      Any idea, help is greatly appreciated.
      Thanks
    • nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?