Hi guys

I've been looking around to enable/disable network cards using WMI but so far the only way i could get it to work was with this :

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "WMIC PATH Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE Index=" & $NetAdp_CurrID & " CALL " & $action, "", @SW_HIDE)

The $NetAdp_CurrID var would be the index of the network card and the $action var would be enable or disable in my line of code.

I know it's possible to do this with wmi without using cmd but i can't figure out how.

Anyone who has the answer to my problem?

I've tried with using the wmi query and adding .enable() and .disable() at the end but that doesn't work (or at least not for me)

Edited by colombeen
more info
  • 1 month later...

You can call WMI methods directly with AutoIt.

Look at my network UDF (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/155539-network-configuration-udf/) : _EnableNetAdapter / _DisableNetAdapter

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By t0nZ
      Hi to all, I was wondering how to do something like this powershell command:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceAlias "Ethernet" | Set-NetConnectionProfile -NetworkCategory Private -Confirm:$false -PassThru natively, or bypassing powershell, in AutoIt.
      My goal is to change the state of the current network connection from public to private and viceversa.
      And looking beyond, to enable/disable network discovery, network crypt properties, sharing options etc....

• By jguinch
      Hello.
      I did create these few functions several months ago. I post here, if it can interest someone.
      These functions based on WMI queries allow you to manage printers : add / delete printer, driver, port, or obtain configuration, set default printer ... I let you discover it with the code.

Here is the list of the available functions :
      _PrintMgr_AddLocalPort
      _PrintMgr_AddLPRPort
      _PrintMgr_AddPrinter
      _PrintMgr_AddPrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_AddTCPIPPrinterPort
      _PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection
      _PrintMgr_CancelAllJobs
      _PrintMgr_CancelPrintJob
      _PrintMgr_EnumPorts
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinter
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterProperties
      _PrintMgr_EnumPrintJobs
      _PrintMgr_EnumTCPIPPrinterPort
      _PrintMgr_Pause
      _PrintMgr_PortExists
      _PrintMgr_PrinterExists
      _PrintMgr_PrinterSetComment
      _PrintMgr_PrinterSetDriver
      _PrintMgr_PrinterSetPort
      _PrintMgr_PrinterShare
      _PrintMgr_PrintTestPage
      _PrintMgr_RemoveLocalPort
      _PrintMgr_RemoveLPRPort
      _PrintMgr_RemovePrinter
      _PrintMgr_RemovePrinterDriver
      _PrintMgr_RemoveTCPIPPrinterPort
      _PrintMgr_RenamePrinter
      _PrintMgr_Resume
      _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter

And some examples :
      #include <Array.au3> #include "PrintMgr.au3" _Example() Func _Example() ; Remove a printer called "My old Lexmark printer" : _PrintMgr_RemovePrinter("My old Lexmark printer") ; Remove the driver called "Lexmark T640" : _PrintMgr_RemovePrinterDriver("Lexmark T640") ; Remove the TCP/IP printer port called "TCP/IP" _PrintMgr_RemoveTCPIPPrinterPort("MyOLDPrinterPort") ; Add a driver, called "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", and driver inf file is ".\Samsung5010\sse2m.inf" _PrintMgr_AddPrinterDriver("Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", "Windows NT x86", @ScriptDir & "\Samsung5010", @ScriptDir & "\Samsung5010\sse2m.inf") ; Add a TCP/IP printer port, called "MyTCPIPPrinterPort", with IPAddress = 192.168.1.10 and Port = 9100 _PrintMgr_AddTCPIPPrinterPort("MyTCPIPPrinterPort", "192.168.1.10", 9100) ; Add a printer, give it the name "My Printer", use the driver called "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series" and the port called "MyTCPIPPrinterPort" _PrintMgr_AddPrinter("My Printer", "Samsung ML-451x 501x Series", "MyTCPIPPrinterPort") ; Set the printer called "My Printer" as default printer _PrintMgr_SetDefaultPrinter("My Printer") ; Connect to the shared printer "\\192.168.1.1\HPDeskjetColor") _PrintMgr_AddWindowsPrinterConnection("\\192.168.1.1\HPDeskjetColor") ; List all installed printers Local $aPrinterList = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinter() _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterList) ; List all printers configuration Local $aPrinterConfig = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration() _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterConfig) ; List all installed printer drivers Local $aDriverList = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterDriver() _ArrayDisplay($aDriverList) ; Retrieve the printer configuration for the printer called "Lexmark T640" $aPrinterConfig = _PrintMgr_EnumPrinterConfiguration("Lexmark T640") _ArrayDisplay($aPrinterConfig) ; Add a local printer port (for a file output) _PrintMgr_AddLocalPort("c:\temp\output.pcl") ; Remove the local port _PrintMgr_RemoveLocalPort("c:\temp\output.pcl") ; Enum a print job Local $aJobList = _PrintMgr_EnumPrintJobs() _ArrayDisplay($aJobList) EndFunc ;==>_Example Download link :
      PrintMgr_Example.au3  PrintMgr.au3

• By hek
      Hey everyone,
      Was wondering how I would be able to implement this on a local computer instead of using connectserver? 
      Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks. 
    • By DirtyJohny
      Hi everyone.Need rewrite this function how in еxample.
      Original:
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon Opt("MustDeclareVars",1) Func _a() Local $sls=ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate," _ &"authenticationLevel=Pkt}!\\"& _ @ComputerName&'\root\wmi'),$lss=$sls.ExecQuery _ ('SELECT * FROM WmiMonitorID'), _ $lll,$sll,$sss="",$lsl,$lls,$i,$z For $z In $lss $lsl=$z.UserFriendlyName For $i=0 To Ubound($lsl)-1 if ($lsl[$i]) Then $lll&=Chr($lsl[$i]) Next $lls=$z.SerialNumberID For $i=0 To Ubound($lls)-1 if ($lls[$i]) Then $sll&=Chr($lls[$i]) Next $sss&="Model"&@TAB&@TAB&": "&$lll&@CR&"Serial Number"&@TAB&": "&$sll&@CR&@CR $lll="" $sll="" Next MsgBox(262144,'Monitors '&$lss.Count,$sss&" "&@CR) $lss=Null $sls=Null EndFunc _a() Example:
      Func _InfoPC() Local $ObjService = ObjGet('winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\' & @ComputerName & '\root\cimv2') Local $ObjMB = $ObjService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_BaseBoard', 'WQL', 0x30) If IsObj($ObjService) Then For $objItemMB In $ObjMB $sInfo &= @TAB & 'Motherboard: ...... ' & $objItemMB.Product & @CRLF I'm beginner in this sphere and need  you all speak easy and simply because i'm Russian.Thanks)
    • By tarretarretarre
      Version 2.x.x and 3.x.x has been moved to branch 3.x
      About Autoit-Socket-IO
      Autoit-Socket-IO is a event driven TCP/IP wrapper heavily inspired from Socket.IO with focus on user friendliness and long term sustainability.
      I constantly want to make this UDF faster and better, so if you have any suggestions or questions (beginner and advanced) Do not hesitate to ask them, I will gladly help!
      Key features
      Simple API 99% data-type serialization thanks to Autoit-Serialize Can easily be extended with your own functionality thanks to Autoit-Events "Educational" examples Data encryption thanks to _<Crypt.au3> Limitations
      Speed. This UDF will sacrifice some speed for convenience Read more in the official thread