DavidLago

[SOLVED] Help with Interaction with IE

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello.

I'd like to ask some help with IE interaction.

Basically, My script opens a webpage, then checks for an expected form named login and passwd:

; Collects info from the opened page
$oForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE)
Local $iNumForms = @extended
If $iNumForms = 1 Then
    $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
    $oObjs = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm)
    Local $iNumObj = @extended
Else
    ; insert error treatment here
    Exit
EndIf

If $iNumObj = 3 Then ; Check if there are 3 objects in the page (login / pass / submit)
    Sleep(1000) ; Emulating a user typing infos
    $oObj = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "login")
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oObj, "barackobama")  
    Sleep(1000) ; Emulating the user
    $oObj = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "passwd")
    _IEFormElementSetValue($oObj, "UncleSam2015") 
    Sleep(1000) ; Emulating the user
    _IEFormSubmit($oForm)
Else
    ; insert error treatment here
    Exit
EndIf

It goes to a loading screen, it usually takes 2-10 seconds. Then, it goes to a main screen dashboard.

The ElementGetObjByName gets this info from the page:

<input class="CTXMSAM_ContentFont" type="Password" title="Enter password" name="passwd" size="30" maxlength="127" style="width:100%;">

I need to verify if it really logs in (kinda worked around this), and how long it takes to load the main screen (that classic loading spinning ball).

I was trying to do it by counting the forms or objects, but it's not possible, since there is no forms on the main screen, and both the loading screen and the main screen has 1 object. The main screen though, has an object already identifier (searchbox), but it also doesn't have a name. The code of the searchbox is as below:

<input class="searchbox-textbox lighttext" type="text" autocomplete="off" title="Search">

Is there any way for me to track/identify this page with or without IE.au3?

Thanks.

Edited by DavidLago

Just a server analyst that has never been into programming that much. So, small fish here :)

Well,

Fixed it with this: 

$WhileT2 = False
$timeLogIn = ""

While $WhileT2 = False
    Local $sInfo = ""
    Sleep(500)
    Local $oImg = _IEImgGetCollection($oIE, 1)
    Local $sInfo = $oImg.src
    If $sInfo <> ".../uiareas/Store/media/DownArrow.png" Then
        $timeLogIn = $timeLogIn + 0.5 ; use timeinit and diff later
        if $timeLogIn > 10 Then MsgBox(16, "Error", $timeLogIn)
    Else
        $WhileT2 = True
        MsgBox(64, $timeLogIn, $sInfo) ; test
    EndIf
WEnd

Just a server analyst that has never been into programming that much. So, small fish here :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• zenocon
      By zenocon
      Hi, After scouring the forums for many hours, I'm trying to compile the most up to date / recent information on the options available for integrating with JavaScript / DOM -- as it relates to scraping + automation of web pages.
      It's my understanding there is IE.au3 script for automation of IE through a COM interface.  But I believe this only works with IE and won't work with Edge, correct?  Is there a COM interface that works with Edge, or any other options for integrating with Edge (other than IUIAuatomation?)
      I know there was also a FF.au3 UDF, but Mozilla abandoned the support for their mozrepl in favor of Web Extensions, and my understanding is that the FF.au3 UDF no longer works, is that correct?
      There was also a Chrome.au3 UDF, but my read on the forums indicate that this also broke many Chrome releases past.
      Which leaves IUIAutomation which I have been using to automate / scrape Windows apps, but when I am trying it on a website, it is not as useful.  For example, if I know the exact DOM id / class, I can get at it and do whatever I need to in JavaScript very simply.  With IUIAutomation, the DOM properties are not available, and most tags / elements in DOM have no useful defining characteristics to be able to get at them reliably (if they are targetable at all).  Some things might be able to be done with IUIAutomation, but I see it's value in targeting website automation / scraping as fairly limited.
      At this point, it seems like my best option is to use IE.au3, but that forces users on IE, which is probably a showstopper.
      Is there another way to bridge into the DOM?  I have written Web Extensions for Chrome and Firefox before.  They can communicate with external processes via AJAX or messaging.  I'm wondering if I can build what I need in a WebExtension and then trigger it from AutoIT Script, and gather up the results somewhere.
      I know there was the ISimpleDOM.au3 and some Microsoft Accessability scripts, but they seem to only be partially supported in browsers, and I didn't have a lot of luck getting those examples to run correctly.
    • nassausky
      By nassausky
      Hi all,

Anyone have any idea how to close all open tabs except a specific one I manually open.  Assuming I don't know what is open in all the tabs except just the one I want to keep open.

I didn't want to use sendkeys and I was trying to use the following code to list the title (or url) of the 3 open tabs and  after I got that part working I would just close the other 2. This sample only displays the title of the first open tab
      #include <IE.au3> Const $ie_new_in_tab = 0x0800 $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com") __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) __IENavigate($oIE, "https://www.google.com/", 1, $ie_new_in_tab) ;(obj,url,wait,param) Local $aIE[1] $aIE[0] = 0 Local $i = 1, $oIE While 1     $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", $i)     If @error = $_IEStatus_NoMatch Then ExitLoop     ConsoleWrite(_IEPropertyGet($oIE, "title") & @CRLF)     ReDim $aIE[$i + 1]     $aIE[$i] = $oIE ;each item holds object     $aIE[0] = $i ;first item holds count     $i += 1 WEnd MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Browsers Found", "Number of browser instances in the array: " & $aIE[0]) ; This doesn't return the list of tabs in the console just the first tab  
      Thanks for any and all help
    • toto22
      By toto22
      I'm trying to click on Java Dropbox using IE. However, I'm running into problems. There is a Dropbox "Please Select" with two options "Buy" and "Sell".
      I'm able to click on a drop box (please see code below) but i'm unable to select "Buy" or "Sell"".
      Local $sMyString = "Please Select" ;############ ENTER ############# Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) For $oLink In $oLinks Local $sLinkText = _IEPropertyGet($oLink, "innerText") If StringInStr($sLinkText, $sMyString) Then _IEAction($oLink, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next  
      Please help

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Hello everyone,
      I'm working on a task where, a PDF file is opened (in IE browser) when I click a link in a website.
      I have to read the first page of the PDF to find particular strings. Can you please share some ideas?
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      Hey,
      i would like to set a value into an INPUT field.
      Checked the _IEFormElementSetValue function but that does require _IEFormGetObjByName and this is where the problem comes in. The input field I want to write to is not a part of a form tag. It is part of a table.
      <input type="text" class="w2" id="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" name="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" onchange="GLOBAL.pocetInzerceNZ(&quot;nabidka_vozidel_formular&quot;,&quot;tach_od&quot;,&quot;&quot;);" autocomplete="off"> I tried this but that didn't work:
      $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od") _IEFormElementSetValue($oDownloadSamples, "123") If you want to try the site I'm working with is https://www.tipcars.cz/. There is a menu on the top left hand side and if you click the "vyhledat" button the input fields will show up.
      Thanks