Sign in to follow this  
clariceo0

Free library for resetting windows password?

clariceo0

Recently, I am interested to build a windows app to reset Windows login password as a side off project. I am still a newbie in programming so i am not able to build the app from scratch. Is there any open source  project i could learn from on this?

JLogan3o13

Hi, @clariceo0, welcome to the forum. A couple of questions to help us help you:

• Are you looking to change the password from within the machine itself or remotely?
  • Are you doing this on domain computers, or just local users on local PCs?
  • Are you wanting to allow users to do this themselves (something sitting on the desktop they can click on), and if so do they have administrative rights to do so?

The more info you can provide us with, the better we can assist you, so we're not throwing out suggestions that may not work for your situation.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

clariceo0
12 hours ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Hi, @clariceo0, welcome to the forum. A couple of questions to help us help you:

• Are you looking to change the password from within the machine itself or remotely?
  • Are you doing this on domain computers, or just local users on local PCs?
  • Are you wanting to allow users to do this themselves (something sitting on the desktop they can click on), and if so do they have administrative rights to do so?

The more info you can provide us with, the better we can assist you, so we're not throwing out suggestions that may not work for your situation.

thanks for the great suggestion. I just want to change or reset the password of local account. I will write a GUI client for this to help normal users without much technical knowledge.

JLogan3o13

@clariceo0 Usually we follow more of a "teach a man to fish" motto rather than just handing folks scripts, but I had this one lying about. It should give you an idea how to proceed anyway; you will probably need to modify to your needs. Also you'll want to test heavily; it is an older script which I have not tested on Windows 10. Let me know if you have any questions:

#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Local $sUserName, $sPassword

$hGUI = GUICreate("Reset Local Password", 300, 300)
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    GUISetFont(11, 400, Default, "Arial")

$lblUserName = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Username", 115, 10, 65, 30)
    $lblPassword = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose New Password", 75, 90, 150, 30)
    $lblVerify = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Verify New Password", 75, 170, 150, 30)

$inpUserName = GUICtrlCreateInput(@UserName, 10, 40, 280, 30, $ES_CENTER)
    $inpPassword = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 120, 280, 30, $ES_PASSWORD)
    $inpVerify = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 10, 200, 280, 30, $ES_PASSWORD)

$btnGo = GUICtrlCreateButton("Change Password", 10, 250, 125, 35)
    $btnClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Exit", 165, 250, 125, 35)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $btnClose
                ExitLoop
            Case $btnGo
                If GUICtrlRead($inpPassword) == GUICtrlRead($inpVerify) Then
                    $sUserName = GUICtrlRead($inpUserName)
                    $sPassword = GUICtrlRead($inpPassword)
                    _changePW($sUserName, $sPassword)
                Else
                    MsgBox(0, "Reset Local Password", "Passwords do not match!")
                EndIf
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

Func _changePW($UserName, $Password)
    $oUser = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "/" & $UserName)
        If IsObj($oUser) Then
            $oUser.SetPassword($Password)
            $oUser.SetInfo
        EndIf
EndFunc

Edit: Also, although you posted in a C++ forum you didn't specify that you need this done in C++/C. Are you just looking to get the job done, or do you have a language requirement that it needs to be coded in?

Edited by JLogan3o13
  • Like 1

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

clariceo0

@JLogan3o13 thanks for the help. I will figure out the code myself and port it into C++.  so i can build a GUI with QT.  I find a good example of the program called UUkeys. Here is the tutorial on how to reset windows password. that is exactly what i am looking for.

Edited by clariceo0

kenuard
On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 7:40 AM, Aquarium said:
On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:29 AM, clariceo0 said:

Recently, I am interested to build a windows app to reset Windows login password as a side off project. I am still a newbie in programming so i am not able to build the app from scratch. Is there any open source  project i could learn from on this?

You can use the api fuction NetUserChangePassword.

#ifndef UNICODE
#define UNICODE
#endif
#pragma comment(lib, "netapi32.lib")

#include <stdio.h>
#include <windows.h> 
#include <lm.h>

int wmain(int argc, wchar_t *argv[])
{
   DWORD dwError = 0;
   NET_API_STATUS nStatus;
   //
   // All parameters are required.
   //
   if (argc != 5)
   {
      fwprintf(stderr, L"Usage: %s \\\\ServerName UserName OldPassword NewPassword\n", argv[0]);
      exit(1);
   }
   //
   // Call the NetUserChangePassword function.
   //
   nStatus = NetUserChangePassword(argv[1], argv[2], argv[3], argv[4]);
   //
   // If the call succeeds, inform the user.
   //
   if (nStatus == NERR_Success)
      fwprintf(stderr, L"User password has been changed successfully\n");
   //
   // Otherwise, print the system error.
   //
   else
      fprintf(stderr, "A system error has occurred: %d\n", nStatus);

return 0;
}

Edited by Melba23
Removed ad link in quote

Qaskeer
On 2016/5/13 at 9:19 AM, clariceo0 said:

@JLogan3o13 thanks for the help. I will figure out the code myself and port it into C++.  so i can build a GUI with QT.  I find a good example of the program called UUkeys. Here is the tutorial on how to reset Windows password. that is exactly what i am looking for.

If I could see this post earlier, my data recovery program wouldn't be that messy ,

I reinstalled an operating system , but I'm a beginner,

Edited by Qaskeer

Eakkery
On 2017/9/29 at 2:51 PM, Qaskeer said:

If I could see this post earlier, my data recovery program wouldn't be that messy ,

I reinstalled an operating system , but I'm a beginner,

https://www.tunesbro.com/reset-windows-7-password.html

I am so sorry to hear that , but you are not the only one . more and more beginners will reinstall the system when they encounter this problem ,

Actually, we can use some free ways to reset Widnows password ,

Edited by Eakkery

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Iznogoud
      By Iznogoud
      Hi,
      Does anyone knows why this command doesn't work?
      Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R ""1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01"" || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation)", "", "") This is the command in commandline:
      devcon.exe hwids * | findstr /R "1050&PID_0114&REV_0340&MI_01" && (echo USB Device is connected) || (rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation) This works, but i want to convert this to AutoIT, but it doesn't work.

In short what i am trying to accomplish is that a script checks every 1 sec. if there is an USB device plugged in and if not ( so it is removed ) it will lock Windows OS.
      Can someone help me with this?
    • Dragonfighter
      By Dragonfighter
      Autoit version: 3.3.14.5
      System: Windows 10 Home x64
      C++ IDE: Code::Blocks 17.12
      When I call the Dll that I wrote it give me how return value -1073741819 and exit value 3221225477, I tried changing variables type but it didn't work.
      This is the Autoit code:
      #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** $dll = DllOpen(@ScriptDir & "\Test.dll") DllCall($dll, "NONE", "TestFunction", "STR", "1 string", "STR", "2 string", "STR", "3 string", "INT", 1) ;Here crash and doesn't show the MsgBox MsgBox(0, "", @error) DllClose($dll) This is the main.cpp code:
      #include <iostream> #include <Windows.h> #include "main.h" using namespace std; extern "C" { DECLDIR void TestFunction(std::string string1, std::string string2, std::string string3, int number1) { std::cout << string1 << std::endl; std::cout << string2 << std::endl; std::cout << string3 << std::endl; std::cout << number1 << std::endl; } } And that is the main.h:
      #ifndef _DLLTEST_H_ #define _DLLTEST_H_ #define DLL_EXPORT #if defined DLL_EXPORT #define DECLDIR __declspec(dllexport) #else #define DECLDIR __declspec(dllimport) #endif extern "C" { DECLDIR void TestFunction(std::string string1, std::string string2, std::string string3, int number1); } #endif  
      And the values of the variables that write to the SciTe console ae completely different.
      Here I attach the console output of the SciTe editor:
      >"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3" /UserParams +>10:30:08 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0 Keyboard:00000410 OS:WIN_10/ CPU:X64 OS:X64 Environment(Language:0410) CodePage:0 utf8.auto.check:4 +> SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE UserDir => C:\Users\DragonFighter\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\DragonFighter\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE >Running AU3Check (3.3.14.5) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3 input:C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3 +>10:30:08 AU3Check ended.rc:0 >Running:(3.3.14.5):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Users\DragonFighter\Desktop\Dll test.au3" --> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop �Á+���Uø‰q�‰A�‹O`ÆEÿ�èèÖÿÿƒÄ €}ÿ!>10:30:10 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:-1073741819 +>10:30:10 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished. >Exit code: 3221225477 Time: 3.414  
      Thanks in advance for every reply.
    • marcoauto
      By marcoauto
      Ciao
      I would like to control an ATEM Video Mixer from autoit. I downloaded his SDK which is written in c ++ and I found the sequences to interface, but I was not able to convert the script to self.
      The instructions say to follow this sequence:
      and to connectTo with C++ is:
      string address = "192.168.1.240"; _BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure failureReason = 0; IBMDSwitcher switcher = null; var discovery = new CBMDSwitcherDiscovery(); discovery.ConnectTo(address, out switcher, out failureReason); From Blackmagic SDK:
      IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo method
      The ConnectTo method connects to the specified switcher and returns an IBMDSwitcher object interface for the switcher.
      Syntax HRESULT ConnectTo (string deviceAddress, IBMDSwitcher** switcherDevice, BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure* failReason); Parameters: deviceAddress in Network hostname or IP address of switcher to connect to. switcherDevice out IBMDSwitcher object interface for the connected switcher. failReason out Reason for connection failure as a BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure value. So, I have I tried these solutions but with non success:
      $DllName =@ScriptDir&"\BMDSwitcherAPI.dll" $result = DllCall($DllName, "none", "IBMDSwitcherDiscovery::ConnectTo" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("DLLCall Result: " & $result & @CRLF) and I have tried also create an Object (That I think is the best way solution):
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> $oSwitcher=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcher") If IsObj($oSwitcher) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oSwitcher created successfully") EndIf $oAtem=ObjCreate("IBMDSwitcherDiscovery") If IsObj($oAtem) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $oAtem created successfully") EndIf $failureReason =ObjCreate("_BMDSwitcherConnectToFailure") If IsObj($failureReason) Then MsgBox(64, "", "Object $failureReason created successfully") EndIf $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc") ; Install a custom error handler Global $errore,$oSwitcher1 $oAtem.ConnectTo("192.168.1.36",$oSwitcher,$failureReason); ; This is the custom error handler Func MyErrFunc() $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8) MsgBox(0, "", "We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _ "Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _ "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription & @CRLF & _ "Source is: " & $oMyError.source & @CRLF & _ "Description is: " & $oMyError.description & @CRLF & _ "Helpfile is: " & $oMyError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ "Helpcontext is: " & $oMyError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ "Lastdllerror is: " & $oMyError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ "Scriptline is: " & $oMyError.scriptline) EndFunc ;==>MyErrFunc But the result is:
      We intercepted a COM Error !
      Number is: 000000A9
      Windescription is: Variable must be of type 'Object'.
      Source is: 
      Description is: 
      Helpfile is: 
      Helpcontext is: 
      Lastdllerror is: 0
      Scriptline is: 17
      The BMDSwitcherAPI.dll is registered in system. Can someone help me?
      Grazie
      Marco
    • Dragonfighter
      By Dragonfighter
      #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> int main () { std::ifstream is ("image.png", std::ifstream::binary); unsigned char buffer_array[4][4]; if (is) { is.seekg (0, is.end); int length = is.tellg(); is.seekg (0, is.beg); char * buffer = new char [length]; is.read (buffer,length); //Here I get the error unsigned char * buffer_str=buffer; for (int count1=0; count1<4; count1=count1+1) { for (int count2=0; count2<4; count2=count2+1) { //Here I get the others two errors buffer_array[count1][count2]=buffer_str.substr(0, 2); buffer_str.erase(0, 2) }; }; return 0; }; }; My goal is to split the binary buffer of the image.png in an array, I tried using string modifiers but I get two errors: request for member 'erase' in 'buffer_str', which is of non-class type 'unsigned char*' thats what I get when build.

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I need to open excel files that may or may not need a password and finally move the files that needs password to manual queue.
      Is there a fastest way to do this?

PS: I have a huge respect for the rules of this forum. I am not asking assistance to override any security measure. I just need to segregate the files that needs passwords.