Sign in to follow this  
NiceBoy1234

Run Command in Shell Execute

How can I run this command:

Send( 'C:\xampp\htdocs\myApp\BuildDVD.exe ..\..\projects\dvdrom\' & $sFileName & '\project.xml ..\..\projects\' & $sFileName & '\video')

in a Shell Execute?

I can run

ShellExecute('C:\xampp\htdocs\myApp\BuildDVD.exe')

but how to I add the rest of the command?

Edited by NiceBoy1234

As per the helpfile:

ShellExecute ( "filename" [, "parameters" [, "workingdir" [, "verb" [, showflag]]]] )

So...

ShellExecute(@ComSpec, " /k dir c:\tmp")

Or through Run():

Run(@ComSpec & " /k dir c:\tmp")

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      Trying to open windows explorer to a WebDav location and it's not working quite how I want, on the computers it is setup as a "network location" (as opposed to a "mapped drive", and this unfortunately can't be changed), the "Data" WebDav folder sits directly under "This PC" if that's an easier way to get to it. any suggestions as to what I can correct to get the 2nd example to work?
      ; This works, but I'm trying to avoid this as users normally see the URL style in the 2nd example below $folderToOpen = "\\mycompany.sharepoint.com@SSL\DavWWWRoot\Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ; This does not work, it tries to open the WebDav url in the default web browser $folderToOpen = "https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data" Run("Explorer.exe " & $folderToOpen) ShellExecute also opens it in the default browser.
      Saw _WinAPI_ShellOpenFolderAndSelectItems but couldn't get the 2nd example to work.
      If I manually open Windows Explorer and paste in https://mycompany.sharepoint.com/Data it loads the WebDav directory without issue.
      If I have to use the pathing from the first example it is fine, just trying to give users a familiar experience.
      Thanks!
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance
    • By cruisepandey
      Hi There ! 
      I have a script here : 

;Launch CMD
      Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      sleep(2000)
      $cmdHandle = WinActivate("C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe")
      Sleep(2000)
      ;Sending document
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "ftp" & @CRLF)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "open" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "first command" & @CRLF)
      Sleep(2000)
      ControlSend($cmdHandle, "", "", "second-coomand" & @CRLF)

first-command and second-command I can't provide cause it's internal. I have complied this .au3 file into an exe and it does the work. But I need to invoke this with Java. Java code I have tried is : 

ProcessBuilder pb = new ProcessBuilder("C:\\Users\\username\\eclipse-workspace\\Examples\\src\\com\\own\\examples\\etc.exe");
          pb.start();
          Thread.sleep(5000);

Through java it just launches the cmd and nothing happens after that. Please help !!
    • By Chimp
      I'm trying to drive a command prompt by sending instructions via a NamedPipe.
      This way you can (should) be able to send commands to the command prompt and at the same time "view" the result in the same window.
      This is not allowed if you run a command prompt with "opt_flag" parameters (redirected streams) because this will disable StdOut on the cmd itself.
      This small (trivial) snippet works for the first command sent to the cmd, but further submissions will fail.
      Maybe the problem is in how I use the run () command to start a new cmd with the StdIn redirect from the NamedPipe. It seems that the generated cmd will close automatically after the first reception of the command via NamedPipe.
      suggestions on how to make it work are welcome
      thanks
      #include <NamedPipes.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> ; Creates an instance of a named pipe Global $sPipeName = "\\.\pipe\pipename" Global $hPipe = _NamedPipes_CreateNamedPipe($sPipeName, 1, 1) MsgBox(0, "Debug", "Pipe created. Now open a CMD") ; run a cmd with only StdIn redirected (StdIn data incoming from a pipe) Global $hCMD = Run(@ComSpec & " /K cmd < " & $sPipeName & @CRLF, "c:\") ; ok? MsgBox(0, "Debug", "now Send a command to the cmd via a NamedPipe") _StdInPipeWrite("dir" & @CRLF) MsgBox(0, 'Debug', "further commands will fail" & @CRLF & "now send command 'dir c:\windows'") $sMessage = "Dir c:\windows" & @CRLF _StdInPipeWrite($sMessage) MsgBox(0, 'Debug', "send another command (will also fail)" & @CRLF & "now send command 'echo Hello'") _StdInPipeWrite("echo Hello" & @CRLF) MsgBox(0, "Debug", "end of test") ProcessClose($hCMD) Func _StdInPipeWrite($sMessage) ; =============================================================================================================================== ; This function writes a message to the pipe ; =============================================================================================================================== Local $iWritten, $iBuffer, $pBuffer, $tBuffer $iBuffer = StringLen($sMessage) + 1 $tBuffer = DllStructCreate("char Text[" & $iBuffer & "]") $pBuffer = DllStructGetPtr($tBuffer) DllStructSetData($tBuffer, "Text", $sMessage) If Not _WinAPI_WriteFile( _ $hPipe, _ ; ...... Handle to the file to be written $pBuffer, _ ; .... Pointer to the buffer containing the data to be written $iBuffer, _ ; .... Number of bytes to be written to the file $iWritten, _ ; ... The number of bytes written 0 _ ; ............ [optional] A $tagOVERLAPPED structure or a pointer to it ) Then ConsoleWrite("WriteMsg: _WinAPI_WriteFile failed" & @CRLF & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) Else ConsoleWrite("WriteMsg: write OK" & @CRLF & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @CRLF) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_StdInPipeWrite  
    • By diff
      Hello,
      still learning and trying to understand AutoIT but having problem in filling my PDF file.

So my code looks like similar to this:
      Global $1 = "text text 44444444" Global $2 = "texting2 texting2" Global $3 = "newtext3 next3" ShellExecute ("C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\myPDF.pdf") WinWaitActive("MyPDF.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC") Send ("{TAB}") ClipPut($1) Send ("^v") Send ("{TAB 3}") ClipPut($2) Send("^v") Send ("{TAB}") ClipPut($3) Send("^v") So its fill my PDF form, the first field looks good, the code add the text text 4444, then second should be $2 with texting2 texting2 but for some reason the code uses for second and third field after TAB only variable $3.
      So, I receive in $2 and $3 for some reason same newtext3 next3 in both, why its skipping the variable $2? Maybe there also much better solution for instant text? Because Send writes with delay by letters which I don't like.
      Thanks!