Hi UEZ :)

Tested on Win8.1 x64 without problem.

Nice work ;)

Thanks for testing. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, l3ill said:

UEZ,

Excellent resource !! Awesome as always...:D

Win 7 32 BIT

BTW: whatever happened to your old avatar? the guy rubbing sand in his own face...  that was kewl B)

Keep um coming!

Bill

Thanks also to you for testing :thumbsup:. You mean that image probably:

Prep
Photograph by Sucheta Das / AP
A traditional Indian wrestler smears mud on his head during a March practice session in Calcutta, India.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/pictures_of_the_year/pictures_of_the_year_28.jpg

Edited by UEZ
1 person likes this

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

3 minutes ago, jguinch said:

Works perfectly with multiple monitors

I know. :D

1 person likes this

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

@junkew: well, the GDI / GDI+ stuff might be outdated meanwhile but it works probably and "fast" enough for basic tasks such as screen capturing and moving some "objects" around -> old school.

I didn't try DirectX neither Windows Media API yet but thanks for the link. Time to explore the DirectX / D2D stuff...

Edited by UEZ

I have the feeling that within W10 still GDI is the way to work with as DirectX and WMP is not allways directly installed. Anyway I like your example and will check if I can incorporate this somehow in simplespy and iuiautomation stuff.

Always appreciate your work @UEZ ! Thank you for sharing!

*cough* would be nice to have same concept but with video recording too *cough*  :-D  just throwing that out there...

1 minute ago, coffeeturtle said:

Always appreciate your work @UEZ ! Thank you for sharing!

*cough* would be nice to have same concept but with video recording too *cough*  :-D  just throwing that out there...

Well with AutoIt video recording is a tough stuff but I had it implemented already in  AutoIt Windows Screenshooter

Try it out. ;)

7 hours ago, UEZ said:

Well with AutoIt video recording is a tough stuff but I had it implemented already in  AutoIt Windows Screenshooter

Try it out. ;)

Never knew about that. Thanks! You already thought of it and implemented it! Nicely done!

No need to change anything, but could you comment on why this function doesn't pick up any "always on top" windows or dialogs.

I mention this because the PC's Print Screen button always captures the current view ... but the screen capture utilities I've tried usually don't.

46 minutes ago, qwert said:

No need to change anything, but could you comment on why this function doesn't pick up any "always on top" windows or dialogs.

I mention this because the PC's Print Screen button always captures the current view ... but the screen capture utilities I've tried usually don't.

For me on Win10 b1607 it works properly also for MsgBoxes / GUI with topmost flag.

I need to test it in my Win7 / Vista vm...

Now that you mention Win10, I do recall there was some issue related to Win7 running "non-Aero" ... which is how I configure my PCs.

What would be great is a setting in the capture function that could specify Aero mode just for the capture ... or some other method, of course.

Thanks for looking at this.

Well, I just tested in my Win7 vm and it works properly with / without Aero. The AutoIt test GUI with topmost attribute is captured.

I've traced it to layered windows.  I put together a very simple example.  If I compile the script below, launch it and then run your capture, the torus is not captured.

;
;       Layered GUI for screen capture test
;
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()
$hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile("C:\AutoIt3\Examples\GUI\Torus.png")

Global $GUI = GUICreate("Layered Test", 200, 200, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_LAYERED)) ; layered is necessary
SetBitmap($GUI, $hImage, 255)
GUISetState()

Sleep(20000)

_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

Func SetBitmap($hGUI, $hImage, $iOpacity)
    Local Const $AC_SRC_ALPHA = 1                   ; don't really understand why these are set
    Local Const $ULW_ALPHA = 2
    Local $hScrDC, $hMemDC, $hBitmap, $hOld, $pSize, $tSize, $pSource, $tSource, $pBlend, $tBlend

$hScrDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0)
    $hMemDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hScrDC)
    $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage)
    $hOld = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hBitmap)

$tSize = DllStructCreate($tagSIZE)
    $pSize = DllStructGetPtr($tSize)
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "X", _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hImage))
    DllStructSetData($tSize, "Y", _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hImage))
    $tSource = DllStructCreate($tagPOINT)
    $pSource = DllStructGetPtr($tSource)
    $tBlend = DllStructCreate($tagBLENDFUNCTION)
    $pBlend = DllStructGetPtr($tBlend)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Alpha", $iOpacity)
    DllStructSetData($tBlend, "Format", $AC_SRC_ALPHA)

_WinAPI_UpdateLayeredWindow($hGUI, $hScrDC, 0, $pSize, $hMemDC, $pSource, 0, $pBlend, $ULW_ALPHA)
    _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hScrDC)
    _WinAPI_SelectObject($hMemDC, $hOld)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap)
    _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hMemDC)
EndFunc   ;==>SetBitmap

Is there some setting I can adjust on Win7 ... other than enabling Areo?

Got it now - torus is not visible only when Aero is enabled.

One quick and dirty solution is to enable Aero within the script using

_WinAPI_DwmEnableComposition(True)

and disable Aero again when finished.

Anyhow, I will try to find a workaround...

1 person likes this

@qwert I updated the code. Can you try again?

1 person likes this

Excellent!  Thanks!

I’ll will take a close look at the changes you made to try to understand ... but would you mind summarizing what you found in a sentence or two ... and what change was needed?

Captured.bmp

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Larnil
      By Larnil
      This script generates Barnsleys Fractal Fern using script only.
      ; version 2017-10-03 ; Barnsley Fractal Fern ; by larnil #include <GUIConstants.au3> Dim $x, $y, $xn, $yn, $n, $r, $dc $WinSize = 800 ; window size ;Create graphics windows AutoItSetOption("GUIOnEventMode", 1) $GUI = GUICreate("Barnsley Fractal Fern", $WinSize, $WinSize, -1, -1) $Graphic = GuiCtrlCreateGraphic(0, 0, $WinSize, $WinSize) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000) GUICtrlSetGraphic(-1,$GUI_GR_COLOR, 0x00ff00) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE,"Bye") ;Main $start = TimerInit() _Fern(800) ; hight of fern - can be larger than window MsgBox(0,"Time taken:",Round(TimerDiff($start)/1000,3) &" seconds") While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func Bye() Exit EndFunc Func _Fern($height) $f = $height/10.6 ; scale factor. Complete fern is within 0 <= y <= 9.9983 (with no scale) $offset_x = $height/2 - $height/40 ; Side adjustment. Fern is within −2.1820 < x < 2.6558 (with no scale) For $n = 1 To $height*200 ; Number of iterations $r = Random(0, 99, 1) Select Case $r < 85 ; 0-84 = 85% of the time $xn = 0.85 * $x + 0.04 * $y $yn = -0.04 * $x + 0.85 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 84 AND $r < 92 ; 85-91 = 7% of the time $xn = 0.2 * $x - 0.26 * $y $yn = 0.23 * $x + 0.22 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 91 AND $r < 99 ; 92-98 = 7% of the time $xn = -0.15 * $x + 0.28 * $y $yn = 0.26 * $x + 0.24 * $y + 0.44 Case Else ; 99-99 = 1% of the time $xn = 0 $yn = 0.16 * $y EndSelect $x = $xn $y = $yn GUICtrlSetGraphic($Graphic, $GUI_GR_PIXEL, $offset_x + $x * $f, $height - $y * $f) Next GUICtrlSetGraphic($Graphic, $GUI_GR_REFRESH) EndFunc ;==> Fern  
      Here is another example where I have used GDI (my very first attempt at using GDI by the way). This script can generate much larger Ferns and save them to file (png). I have used this script to generate a 20000 x 20000 pixel @ 600 dpi image. Looks really good printed out in full size.
      #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> ; Param Local Const $iPxColor = 0xFF00FF00 ; Pixel color for fractal Alpha/R/G/B Local Const $iBgColor = 0xFFFFFFFF ; Background color for image Alpha/R/G/B Local Const $iSize = 1000 ; Hight of fern in pixels - image will have this hight and width too Local Const $iIter = $iSize*400 ; Number of iterations - $iSize * 200 is a good starting point ; Call function ;$start = TimerInit() _Fern($iSize,$iIter) ;MsgBox(0,"Time taken:",Round(TimerDiff($start)/1000,3) &" seconds") ; Function for generating Barnsley Fractal Fern Func _Fern($Size,$Iter) _GDIPlus_Startup() ; initialize GDI+ Local $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromScan0($Size, $Size) ; create an empty bitmap Local $hBmpCtxt = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hBitmap) ; get the graphics context of the image _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear($hBmpCtxt, $iBgColor) ; Set the background color for empty bitmap ; Here the magic happens $x=0 ; init $y=0 ; init $f = $Size/10.6 ; scale factor. Complete fern is within 0 <= y <= 9.9983 (with no scale) $offset_x = $Size/2 - $Size/40 ; Side adjustment. Fern is within −2.1820 < x < 2.6558 (with no scale) For $n = 1 To $Iter ; Number of iterations $r = Random(0, 99, 1) Select Case $r < 85 ; 0-84 = 85% of the time $xn = 0.85 * $x + 0.04 * $y $yn = -0.04 * $x + 0.85 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 84 AND $r < 92 ; 85-91 = 7% of the time $xn = 0.2 * $x - 0.26 * $y $yn = 0.23 * $x + 0.22 * $y + 1.6 Case $r > 91 AND $r < 99 ; 92-98 = 7% of the time $xn = -0.15 * $x + 0.28 * $y $yn = 0.26 * $x + 0.24 * $y + 0.44 Case Else ; 99-99 = 1% of the time $xn = 0 $yn = 0.16 * $y EndSelect $x = $xn $y = $yn _GDIPlus_BitmapSetPixel($hBitmap, $offset_x + $x * $f, $Size - $y * $f, $iPxColor) ; Change pixel color for calculated X,Y Next ; ==> End of magic $File = "\Fractal_Fern_"&StringRight(Hex($iPxColor),6)&"-"&StringRight(Hex($iBgColor),6)&"-"&$iSize&".png" _GDIPlus_ImageSaveToFile($hBitmap, @MyDocumentsDir & $File) ;save bitmap to disk ShellExecute(@MyDocumentsDir & $File); Show it to the world in your default image viewer ; Cleanup GDI+ resources _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hBmpCtxt) _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc ;==> _Fern  

• SimTheNo1
      By SimTheNo1
      I am busy with building a solution for change monitoring of VOIP call program and to be properly automated means among others need for some limited OCR functionality. Current works of others are way too much overkill for this case what makes the need to build it myself. But to do it properly I significantly have to increase my knowledge about digital graphics management.
      For now I already have discovered here and there some mind blowing  Autoit miracles what can be achieved with Windows own possibilities to manipulate that what is output to the monitor. And as far I can judge there are 2 options to process graphics without use of any external libraries like ImageMagick, FreeImage and so on. These are:
       WinAPI  GDIPlus It is for me quite obvious to have various holes in general understanding of graphics and it is once more very clear what advantages gives consistent general study in 1 or another official institutions like University.  Cause there you are introduced into certain domain of knowledge in a way which usually has been perfected over long period of time. So you are not overloaded by stuff which requires a certain amount of information to be initially clear for you. For example, before starting to solve physics you first learn to read, count and so on and then move to subjects like physics.
      Though in my case opportunity to study in such educational system I had only for 8 years, from my 7th to 15th year of age in the country that was falling apart now Ukraine but used to be USSR, was all what it was. After have immigrated to Netherlands possibilities to study further haven't occur. And this therefor causes often various implications when going deep in that or another field of practical knowledge acquiring for any needed physical result, like programming to perform enormous amount of tasks. In this particular case automating VOIP call program.
      Anyway, right now I think the best direction to move is to concentrate on as basic as possible image management and if someone would maybe explain in general what is a pixel will definitely help. Particularly I am very curious about how to do picture manipulations in Autoit. Especially would help a lot to produce eventually following functions:
      createImage($imageFileName, $width, $height, $color) readImagePixel($imageFileName, $x, $y)  writeImagePixel($imageFileName, $x, $y) I do not know exactly how image is handled in computer but preferably above mentioned functions should deal with so far possible origin of graphics creation on computer. But nevertheless I definitely would love to hear any proposition for solution.
      The problem with explaining screenshots:
       VOIPConnect full Window  Part of Window with control to monitor for changes  Exact location of area where actual changes occur and have to be processed  It comes down to a rectangle of approximately 51 pixel wide and 7 pixel high. In fact if I get to learn as far as to be able exactly read, write and compare 2 images consistently across different computers I could narrow down then even further the area to watch as little as a square of 2-5 pixels wide. 
      To finish here is last detail about particularly no need for ultra fast solution at all. This because it is needed only once when it is first run on a new computer and to have to wait few minutes while it is being set instead of just a few seconds make no sence.
      This is it and what I too think to do beside this very particular case is to purify out beautiful generic Autoit functions for core image manipulation by using WinAPI or/and GDIPlus. 
    • UritOR
      By UritOR
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to find how to draw an image (create a label in mspaint) and save it as .bmp. And set it to be a wallpaper
      I also need to know what wallpaper is use now, for restore it when the script is closed.
      What is the best way to do it? Do I need Gdi+ for it?  I use this code (which I found here in forum) to set a .bmp file as wallpaper:
      Func _ChangeWallpaper($sFile,$iType) ; Changes the wallpaper to $sFilename using $iType as: ; 1 Tiled ; 2 Centered ; 3 Stretched ; any other value (usually 0) unchanged ; ; Returns ; 0 if everything is allright. ; -1 if $sFile does not exist. @error is set to 1 ; -2 if £sFile is not a .bmp file. @error is set to 2 If Not FileExists($sFile) Then SetError(1) Return -1 EndIf If StringTrimLeft($sFile,StringInStr($sFile,'.',0,-1)) <> 'bmp' Then SetError(2) Return -2 EndIf Select Case $iType = 1 RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','TileWallpaper','reg_sz','1') RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','WallpaperStyle','reg_sz','0') Case $iType = 2 RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','TileWallpaper','reg_sz','0') RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','WallpaperStyle','reg_sz','0') Case $iType = 3 RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','TileWallpaper','reg_sz','0') RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','WallpaperStyle','reg_sz','2') Case Else EndSelect RegWrite('HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop','Wallpaper','reg_sz',$sFile) DllCall("User32.dll","int","SystemParametersInfo","int",20,"int",0,"str",$sFile,"int",0) Return 0 EndFunc  
      The flow that I understand should be:
      1) Check what wallpaper is in use now. I can find the path to it by going to registry  key named "wallpaper" here :[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
      2) Create a file mspaint
      3) Create a label with its properties (size,color) in this file
      3) Save this file in some temporary directory
      4) Set a created file as a wallpaper using the above code
      5) When the script is closed restore the old wallpaper.

So again, my question is how to create a .bmp file with label in it?
    • rootx
      By rootx
      how can I fit the image when the GUI is maximized? I would like to always measure the 50% height and width of the GUI and is always in the bottom right poistion, and does not lose its quality.
      THX

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 437, 192, 124,BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI,$WS_MAXIMIZEBOX,$WS_TABSTOP)) _GDIPlus_Startup() $hImage = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile(@ScriptDir&"\img.jpg") $hGraphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($Form1) $resimg = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hImage,200,300) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, 0, 0) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_PAINT, "MY_WM_PAINT") ;GUIRegisterMsg($WM_SIZE, "WM_SIZE") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW,$Form1) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Func MY_WM_PAINT($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_UPDATENOW) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, 300, 0) _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_VALIDATE) Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG EndFunc ;==>MY_WM_PAINT ;Func WM_SIZE($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam) ; #forceref $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam ; Local $xClient, $yClient ; $xClient = BitAND($ilParam, 0x0000FFFF) ; $yClient = BitShift($ilParam, 16) ; _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_UPDATENOW) ; _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphics, $resimg, $xClient/2, $yClient/2) ; _WinAPI_RedrawWindow($Form1, 0, 0, $RDW_VALIDATE) ; ConsoleWrite($xClient & " "&$yClient&@CR) ; Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG ;EndFunc  
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      plz help explain between GDI+ and Winapi, is it desktop inside another desktop, 3 layer dimension?
      i can't get the picture
      1. u get desktop u can visual see
      2. then u create GDI+ startup another desktop screen dimension?
      3. then u have Winapi command inside GDI+, is this another desktop screen dimension? cuz GDI+ could create bitmap that is one dimension? Winapi get windowDC also another dimension?
      plz help and explain, with picture would be nice, im not good with visualize ("dumb newbie"), still learning
      newbie to programming world
      thankyou.