Faalamva

[SOLVED] Parse elements of a webpage NOT created by _IECreate

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello,

Let's take a simple example to illustrate my case.

I open a webpage with the command _IECreate and I parse all its elements :

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.york.ac.uk/teaching/cws/wws/webpage1.html")

$oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE)
For $oElement In $oElements
    ConsoleWrite("Tagname: " & $oElement.tagname & @CRLF & "Id: " & $oElement.id & @CRLF & "InnerText: " & $oElement.innerText & @CRLF & "--------------------------------" & @CRLF)
Next

Now let's imagine I simulate a click with MouseClick to the link "lesson two" at the bottom of this webpage. A new webpage will open :

http://www.york.ac.uk/teaching/cws/wws/webpage2.html

I'd like to get the elements (tagname, id, innertext) of this new webpage, just like I got them for the first webpage. But for this, I presume I would have to get a new $oIE2 Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application, in order to be able to use the _IETagNameAllGetCollection once again.

How am I supposed to do this ?

Thank you !

Edited by Faalamva

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you, I managed to create a working example with your hint.

Here it is below :

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.york.ac.uk/teaching/cws/wws/webpage1.html")
WinSetState("", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

$oElements = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE)
For $oElement In $oElements
    If $oElement.innerText = "EXERCISE" Then
        $oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll(0, 500)
        MsgBox(0, "", "WebPage elements have been parsed. Let's move the mouse to EXERCISE for example.")
        MouseMove($oElement.getBoundingClientRect().left + $oIE.document.parentwindow.screenleft, $oElement.getBoundingClientRect().top + $oIE.document.parentwindow.screentop)
    EndIf
Next

MsgBox(0, "", "Now let's simulate a click to the ""lesson two"" link at the bottom of the page.")
_IELinkClickByText($oIE, "lesson two")

MsgBox(0, "", "Now let's try to locate FONT ATTRIBUTES in the new webpage.")

; Stupid WinGetTitle adds " - Internet Explorer" after the real window title, so we have to remove it otherwise the attachment won't work
;MsgBox(0, "", WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]"))
$oIE2 = _IEAttach(StringReplace(WinGetTitle("[ACTIVE]"), " - Internet Explorer", ""))

$oElements2 = _IETagNameAllGetCollection($oIE2)
For $oElement2 In $oElements2
    ;ConsoleWrite("Tagname: " & $oElement2.tagname & @CRLF & "innerText: " & $oElement2.innerText)
    If $oElement2.innerText = " FONT ATTRIBUTES" And $oElement2.tagName = "FONT" Then
        MsgBox(0, "", "New WebPage elements have been parsed. Let's move the mouse to FONT ATTRIBUTES for example.");
        MouseMove($oElement2.getBoundingClientRect().left + $oIE2.document.parentwindow.screenleft, $oElement2.getBoundingClientRect().top + $oIE2.document.parentwindow.screentop)
    EndIf
Next

Do you know if there's a simpler way to attach the new webpage (for example, by using its URL) ?

I would be very interested in using the new URL instead of the webpage title.

Edited by Faalamva

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• SteveStrop
      By SteveStrop
      Hi 

I'm trying to:
      1) Open a hidden browser session
      2) Do some stuff in the background
      3)  Make the hidden window visible

This is my code:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/",0,0) $oSearchBox = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "lst-ib") $oSearchBox.innertext = "AutoIT" $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE,"f") _IEFormSubmit($oForm) WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW)  
      It dosen't work
      The last line does make the window visible but it is an empty greyed out box that disappears as soon as I click on it.
      I have a sort of workaround that hides the browser window as soon as I have created it which works fine:
      $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.google.co.uk/") WinSetState("Google","",@SW_HIDE) . . . WinSetState("Google","",@SW_SHOW) But this looks a bit pants as the newly created window flashes on then off of the screen.
      Am I using the wrong method to make the browser window visible?
      Thanks

• Tippex
      By Tippex
      I have a problem trying to use _IEAttach to recover control after a Windows Explorer reset (e.g. on Windows 7), since all the 
      InternetExplorer.Application objects appear to be destroyed by this event. An example of this is when a PC has some kind of fault causing a pop-up error message "Windows Explorer has stopped working". I can simulate this event by using Windows Task Manager to end the Explorer.exe process then to file, new task (run...) Explorer.exe
      After this event, _IEAttach gives an @error of: 
      7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) - No Match
      However, using WinList() followed by WinGetText() I can recover the URL for an IE session that has lost its 
      InternetExplorer.Application object which could be used to _IECreate a new session (the $iTryAttach fails) and WinKill() the original session but the result is a if a refresh had been done (any form entries are lost) . Unfortunately form entries do not appear as text or hidden text to Windows so I'm looking for the best way to read the contents of an Internet Explorer screen (even if just text without structure). 
      When there is no InternetExplorer.Application object (because of some Windows fault) but still with an Internet Explorer session running, I tried to read its contents by a "Select All" & "Copy to Clipboard" but its form entries are blanked and combo boxes choices are all displayed with no way of finding out which ones were selected.
      Local $ClipBoardSave = _ClipBoard_GetData() ;not ClipGet() which is text only ClipPut("") ;Clear User's Clipboard Local $sText = "" Local $hWnd = WinActivate("Window Title", "") If IsHWnd($hWnd) Then Local $bStatusCtrlSend = ControlSend("Window Title", "", "", "^a^c") If $bStatusCtrlSend Then Local $bStatusCtrlClick = ControlClick("Window Title", "", "") If $bStatusCtrlClick Then $sText = ClipGet() _ClipBoard_SetData($ClipBoardSave) ;not ClipPut($ClipBoardSave) which is text only  
      Is  there a solution to this please?
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I need to pull data from company intranet website. I created a script that I can give a list of project numbers and it will open up the the related webpage for each project, save the html comments for that project, then move on to the next. 
      However my problem comes in that each time I open up a project it locks it for other users, and if you just exit the page it keeps it locked, you have to actually press the "close" button on the page. So I'm not sure how to deal with this as I end up just locking every project in my name when I run my program as I don't understand the nature of how the website is built. I don't understand how to close with just using my automation code without manually having to press the stupid button. 
      My Function:
      Func Getscript($ProjectAddress) ;getting the page source code and storing it into text file for easy reading it $file = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\source.txt", 10) $IE = _IECreate($ProjectAddress & ".html", 0, 0) $source = _IEDocReadHTML($IE) FileWrite($file, $source) $target_source = _StringBetween($source, "<BODY>", "</BODY>") ; only take content between the specified tags _IEQuit($IE) FileClose($file) return $target_source[0] EndFunc ;==>Getscript  
      Source Code I got from website that I think is relevant:
      function closeForm(){ if(topButtonEnabled("closeButton")){ parent.mainFrame.closeForm(); } } <button id="closeButton" class="saveCloseButton" style="LEFT: 77px;" onclick=closeForm()>&nbsp;Close&nbsp;</button>  
      Any Ideas of how to tell website to either activate the closeform function or just give it the command to close?

Thanks
    • Tippex
      By Tippex
      I'm having a problem with _IEBodyReadText() which is a function from the IE.au3 UDF include.
      My problem is that randomly it will crash my script with:
      Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText) Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body^ ERROR I don't know why the error isn't caught by __IEErrorHandlerRegister but looking at this function, I can see that there is a check done by IsObj($oObject) to ensure that the object "$oObject" exists but no check that it contains the property "innerText"
      ; #FUNCTION# ==================================================================================================================== ; Author ........: Dale Hohm ; =============================================================================================================================== Func _IEBodyReadText(ByRef $oObject) If Not IsObj($oObject) Then __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType") Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType, 1, 0) EndIf If Not __IEIsObjType($oObject, "browserdom") Then __IEConsoleWriteError("Error", "_IEBodyReadText", "$_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType", "Expected document element") Return SetError($_IESTATUS_InvalidObjectType, 1, 0) EndIf ; Return SetError($_IESTATUS_Success, 0, $oObject.document.body.innerText) EndFunc ;==>_IEBodyReadText I'm struggling to find out how to test if "$oObject.document.body.innerText" exists before allowing the following Return statement to reference it with the assumption that it does exist (crashing my script when it doesn't).
      Any ideas please?
    • Ubermensch
      By Ubermensch
      Hello guys,
      I am trying to create autoit codes in order to determine if IE button was clicked or pressed.
      I am not sure if it is possible for IE button.
      Here is my initial code.
      #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstantsau #include <WinAPI.au3> AutoIt $searchTab = "Untitled 1 - Internet Explorer" WinActivate("Untitled 1 - Internet Explorer") Local $oIE = _IEAttach("", "instance", 1) For $i = 0 To 100 Send("^" & $i) Sleep(250) If Not(StringInStr(WinGetTitle("[ACTIVATE]", $searchTab) = 0) Then While 1 If $oGetItem = 1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Attention!", "It's working!") EndIf WEnd ExitLoop EndIf Next