Help with using this bat file

Oh my, that indeed can be done with AutoIt, relatively simply I would say.  The key to learning is getting familiar with your help file--included with the installer and a link to an online version here.  There are TONs of examples in it that you can learn from and even piece together a working script. 

Also included with the installer are some GUI examples (look in the AutoIt directory for Examples\GUI).  I'd suggest checking out the SampleControls.au3 demo script.  That will give you an idea of what kinds of "native" controls you can incorporate in your GUI; of course you can always look to do a more sophisticated GUI (search for GUI examples on the forum), but as a crash course I'd suggest trying out some stuff from the sample.

The majority of the batch file looks to be something you'll want to create a GUI for, so go nuts.  For the drive mapping you can either employ one of the Run() functions, or you can use the native AutoIt function DriveMapAdd(), just to give you a couple options to get started with.  Let us know if you get stuck, and as a tip, you'll get better support if you show effort; you'll find the scripting process more rewarding as well.  Try things out and when things don't work/break and you don't understand how or why it works, let us know.

40 minutes ago, spudw2k said:

Oh my, that indeed can be done with AutoIt, relatively simply I would say.  The key to learning is getting familiar with your help file--included with the installer and a link to an online version here.  There are TONs of examples in it that you can learn from and even piece together a working script. 

Also included with the installer are some GUI examples (look in the AutoIt directory for Examples\GUI).  I'd suggest checking out the SampleControls.au3 demo script.  That will give you an idea of what kinds of "native" controls you can incorporate in your GUI; of course you can always look to do a more sophisticated GUI (search for GUI examples on the forum), but as a crash course I'd suggest trying out some stuff from the sample.

The majority of the batch file looks to be something you'll want to create a GUI for, so go nuts.  For the drive mapping you can either employ one of the Run() functions, or you can use the native AutoIt function DriveMapAdd(), just to give you a couple options to get started with.  Let us know if you get stuck, and as a tip, you'll get better support if you show effort; you'll find the scripting process more rewarding as well.  Try things out and when things don't work/break and you don't understand how or why it works, let us know.

Thanks for this info, I will definitely give it a go!