MattG1991

Script placing unwanted text into active window

9 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

I've written a script that pulls info from some web pages, saves the results to variables, and prints it out to a Word document. I've tried to make this script work with a minimum of user interaction. I've noticed an issue happens when I run the script and I have another window set as active, like SciTE for example. It inserts an "ETX" character. I've done this with Notepad too. It displays an upside down L character. Any particular reason why? Unfortunately, I can't post any code. Basically, it gets a collection of tags, applies a test to find the values I want, then pulls the innerhtml from said tag. Then it assigns the results to a global variable.  Any help would be appreciated. 

So, you want us to troubleshoot your script without showing the code? You have to be able to comprehend how difficult that is going to be. If you cannot post the script itself, you can post a test script that reproduces the issue you're seeing.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Yes, I understand completely. I'm only asking if anyone has seen a similar issue or if anyone may have any idea of what may be happening.

_IENavigate($oIE, "some website", 0)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
Sleep(1000)

local $loadVerify = _IEGetObjByID($oIE, "test")
If isObj($loadVerify) then
;do something
Else
    Send(:{BREAK}")
EndIf

Local $i = 0
Local $nI = 0

Do
Local $oElements = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, 'SPAN')
Until IsObj($oElements)

Sleep(250)

For $oElement In $oElements
   If StringInStr($oElement.innerText, "Something") AND StringLen($oElement.innerText) < 30 Then $nI = $i
       $i += 1
Next

Sleep(500)
$res = _IETagNameGetCollection($oIE, "SPAN", $nI)
$Result = StringMid($res.innertext, 1, 4)
Global $var1 = $Result
sleep(1000)

Taking your advice, JLogan, here is a test script that basically does what my actual script does. 

and any debugging before you try and write this to notepad, does it look ok if you consolewrite it?

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Forgive me, I'm still pretty new to AutoIt. Not sure what you mean by consolewrite it...

consolewrite is a function that writes the data to the console window.  F1 is your super best friend for the remainder of your days.

1 person likes this

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Thank you for the shortcut. That will definitely be helpful. I'll play around with consolewrite to see if I can find what's going on. Thank you!

Matt,

The ":' should probably be a double quote (send stmt).

kylomas

1 person likes this

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• toto22
      By toto22
      I'm trying to click on Java Dropbox using IE. However, I'm running into problems. There is a Dropbox "Please Select" with two options "Buy" and "Sell".
      I'm able to click on a drop box (please see code below) but i'm unable to select "Buy" or "Sell"".
      Local $sMyString = "Please Select" ;############ ENTER ############# Local $oLinks = _IELinkGetCollection($oIE) For $oLink In $oLinks Local $sLinkText = _IEPropertyGet($oLink, "innerText") If StringInStr($sLinkText, $sMyString) Then _IEAction($oLink, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next  
      Please help

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Hello everyone,
      I'm working on a task where, a PDF file is opened (in IE browser) when I click a link in a website.
      I have to read the first page of the PDF to find particular strings. Can you please share some ideas?
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      Hey,
      i would like to set a value into an INPUT field.
      Checked the _IEFormElementSetValue function but that does require _IEFormGetObjByName and this is where the problem comes in. The input field I want to write to is not a part of a form tag. It is part of a table.
      <input type="text" class="w2" id="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" name="nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od" onchange="GLOBAL.pocetInzerceNZ(&quot;nabidka_vozidel_formular&quot;,&quot;tach_od&quot;,&quot;&quot;);" autocomplete="off"> I tried this but that didn't work:
      $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "nabidka_vozidel_formular_tach_od") _IEFormElementSetValue($oDownloadSamples, "123") If you want to try the site I'm working with is https://www.tipcars.cz/. There is a menu on the top left hand side and if you click the "vyhledat" button the input fields will show up.
      Thanks
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      I am now able to populate the dropdown menus at https://www.tipcars.com/.
      The dropdowns are dynamic and do not have a Text value, only ids.
      Is there a way to get all the available options from a dropdown?
      $url = "https://www.tipcars.com/" $oIE = _IECreate($url) _IELoadWait($oIE) $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamples, "C") Above code, populates ID 'C' into the 'druh' dropdown, which results in selecting 'užitkové'. 
      Is there a way so I can grab all of the options from the dropdown menu? I could easily grab all the IDs but I am afraid they will change in the future so I would much rather match the text titles and assign the option IDs grabbed from site.
      This is what the options are according to Chrome:
      <select class="w1"id="homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo"name="homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo"onchange="try{NABIDKA_VOZIDEL_FORMULAR.naplnSelectZnacka('homepage_vyhl_frm');GLOBAL.pocetInzerceHZ('homepage_vyhl_frm','vozidlo');}catch(ex){odeslatJsChybu('formHOMEPAGE onChange 1: ' + ex.message, 'formHomePage onChange 1', -1);}"> <option value="A" style="color: black;">osobní a terénní (56 334)</option> <option value="C" style="color: black;">užitkové (4 333)</option> <option value="D" style="color: black;">nákladní (3 742)</option> <option value="E" style="color: black;">autobusy (56)</option> <option value="F" style="color: black;">obytné (373)</option> <option value="G" style="color: black;">přívěsy (1 179)</option> <option value="J" style="color: black;">motorky (780)</option> <option value="S" style="color: black;">pracovní stroje (605)</option> <option value="L" style="color: black;">ostatní (235)</option></select> Also, this cannot be grabbed by _INetGetSource.
      Thanks
    • Spask
      By Spask
      Hi, I'm trying to find a text value inside of a html.
      This is what the line looks like normally:
      <p id="line1" class> <span class="bot">TEXT HERE</span> </p> The text then changes to a non breaking space:
      <p id="line1" class> <span class="bot">&nbsp;</span> </p> And then it changes back to normal text but it's different every time.
      Can I code this so that it grabs the text every time it changes and has a variable that represents it?
      I currently have this inside of my loop:
      $span = .document.getElementsByTagName("span") For $text In $span If $text.value = "&nbsp;" Then Sleep(50) MsgBox(0,0,0) ;messagebox to test if it can be found, but I don't know how to grab the text EndIf Next The problem is that there are many other lines in the html that have the same span but are called "line3", "line5", etc and the one I need is from "line1".
      I will appreciate if anyone can help with this!