Activate an Opened App at Remote Desktop

22 hours ago, DoOutOfBox said:

I'm new here. I wanted to know if Autoit can allow me to activate an existing / opened web page at my remote desktop. Can you help with the commands. Please let me know if you've not understood my question.

2 hours ago, Juvigy said:

You will have to run it on the remote PC. The commands are  easy - WinActivate(). Check it in the help file.

Thank you for sharing your idea, Juvigy. You understood my requirement exactly. I did this with the help of WinActive() function. But Is there any option to run the same step from Local Desktop? I'm wondering if Autoit has any other function 'in specific' to activate any opened window which is in a remote desktop?

Thank you for sharing your idea, Juvigy. You understood my requirement exactly. I did this with the help of WinActive() function. But Is there any option to run the same step from Local Desktop? I'm wondering if Autoit has any other function 'in specific' to activate any opened window which is in a remote desktop?

I'll try to illustrate it:

PC 1 has a Remote Desktop connection to PC 2

PC 2 is only receiving mouse and keyboard inputs from PC 1
PC 1 is only receiving screen captures from PC 2

Thusly,
Window and control handles/IDs on PC 2 are not directly accessible on PC 1.
Window and control functions on PC 1 can not see or directly communicate with window/control handles/IDs on PC 2

You need to run AutoIt on the Remote PC (PC 2) if you want to interact with the windows/controls.

@ spudw2k: Thank you. Placing the tool on the remote PC (PC 2) would be a good procedure. But there is a challenge to do so. I do not have a permission to place the tool anywhere on the remote PC.

So does Autoit has any key function to address these challenges or do we need to relay on other programming source in such scenarios. Please share your views.

1. Compile your script to receive exe file.
2. Connect to the remote pc, and copy and paste it anywhere. If RPD does not support copy and paste files

you can upload/download exe file to any email or upload to website and download it to a remote computer.
3.Finally run it on the remote pc.

Regards,

• 2 years later...

Hi team, 

I am  New to this Auto it tool, 

I want to know one thing how to validate the activated window in remote desktop.

for example:  I am running the script though local desktop, i opened Remote VDI and i opened NotePad inside of the remote VDI. How can i validate opened notepad,how can i get the return value of the Notepad, please let me know.

Just now, AnushaKhandavalli said:

I want to know one thing how to validate the activated window in remote desktop.

You can't, remotely. You have to run the script on the target PC to get that information. RDP is not going to give you that information.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator