Sign in to follow this  
TLOTS

Can't read STDOUT for quser

Hi!

I'm triying to get the session id to close automatically a RDP session.

I tried doing this:

#RequireAdmin
#include <Constants.au3>
$DOS = Run('C:\Windows\System32\query.exe user', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
;Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'Query User', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
;Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'quser', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
ProcessWaitClose($DOS)
$Message = StdoutRead($DOS)
MsgBox(0,'',$Message)

But the $Message is always empty, if I execute any of these commands in a cmd window, it works

Any idea on why is this falling? there is another way to get this info?

PS: Sorry for my english, i'm not native.

#RequireAdmin
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>

_WinAPI_Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(FALSE)

Local $Message = ""
Local $DOS = Run('C:\Windows\System32\query.exe user', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED)

Do
    $Message &= StdoutRead($DOS)
Until @error

MsgBox(0, '', $Message)

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I would like to be able to write a script to send commands to the console for creation of Gstreamer pipelines.  I was thinking of something similar to this:
      Local $iPID = Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;THIS OPENS THE CONSOLE...!!! if $iPID == 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I DID NOT OPEN CMD...error: " & @error & @CRLF) if $iPID <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I OPENED CMD...!!!" & @CRLF) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") if $hCmd <> 0 Then WinActivate($hCmd) ;ensure command console is active... $sOutput = Send("cd C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) $sOutput = Send("gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) Sleep(3000) ControlSend($hCmd, "", "", "exit" & @CR) EndIf ;$hCmd NOT "0"... I don't really know if this is the best way to open the console and send commands into it.  I'm also not sure about how to best catch any errors that may occur...likely this needs to be accomplished with the STDOUTREAD command however I've not had experience using it before and therefore would appreciate some advice that anybody may offer. 
      Basically I'm seeking guidance on how to best automate the opening of the console, sending lines of commands to be executed, and handling any potential errors in the execution of those commands...I thank you in advance.  Regards.
    • By MadhaN
      Hi all,
      I have a csv file as below, I wand to find srno from csv and send corresponding ip and pass to commend cmd prompt. 
      Please guide me to create script .
      srno,name,ip,pass
      1,name1,ip1,pass1
      2,name2,ip2,pass2

• By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am trying to use ConsoleWrite() to output some debug to stdout/console on a Windows command (cmd) window, but it seems like nothing is being output.
      I noted that the help says:
      but what does that mean (the "compiled as a console application" part?
      I have also tried adding
      to the beginning of my .au3 and re-compiling, but when I run the .exe in a command window, nothing is being output?
      How do I get the output from ConsoleWrite() to appear?
      Thanks,
      Jim
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      With this script you can print Unicode text in the CMD screen
      the script is  easy to use
      just you  write the text that contains Unicode in the first input
      and the script automatically reflect the code in the second input
       you can copy the text to the clipboard
      or you can try printing the text in the CMD window
      I apologize to everyone for colors and shape if not appropriate
      I'm a blind man and I do not see
      Thank you for your understanding
      Greetings to all of youCmdUtM.au3
    • By Kevin Finnegan
      Hi all,
      Long time lurker and now forum poster! I'm writing a relatively simple backup script for my firm that automates the copy, compression and organization of Leaver's data on one of our secured NAS systems. I personally found the best method to do this so far was to use 7zG.exe (GUI version of 7Zip which can use command-line too) and it functions quite well!
      I would like to retrieve more info on whether any warnings or errors happen in 7Zip during the backup, but I can't quite get my head around the syntax and switches for reading out, it seems any adjustment I make to the RunWait call's string seems to break the backup or give unexpected repercussions! Hopefully its something silly I'm doing as I don't code very often.
      Here is the working version:
      ; Compress the directories one by one in the zip using the listfile.... Local $iPID = RunWait(@ScriptDir & "\bin\7zG.exe a -mx" & $compressionQuality & " -v" & $compressSplitFileSize & " -wc:\temp " _ & $backupToLocation & "\" & $userDirectory & ".7z @bin\listfile.txt -x@bin\excludefile.txt", "", @SW_SHOWDEFAULT, $STDOUT_CHILD) Ultimately I would love to switch entirely to 7za.exe (standalone) so that I can read the progress percentage, current file being uploaded and any warnings or errors could be processed and output to the AutoIT script's GUI I've created rather than jumping in and out of two applications per se.