astrionn

DllCall, user32&uxtheme and colorchanging tooltips

astrionn

So I had this Idea of creating a tooltip which shows me my ping.

That itself was made quickly and I thought too add a couple features.

I want the tooltip background to be a different color depending on the ping. (good ping is green, medium ping is yellow,...)

So how do I color in a tooltip? google brought me to this: 

where in the comments I found this:

$s = "LOW"
ToolTip($s, 0, 0, "Battery Information");, $icon)
$H_TOOLTIP1 = WinGetHandle($s)
DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "wstr", "", "wstr", "")
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 2552550, "int", 0)
Sleep(1000)

Which I then used in my code with different color codes... Trial and Error brought me these that I wanted to use:

;2550255 yellow
;00255 red
;0255255 green
;000 black

The Problem is if I loop through my code it only sets the color for the 1st loop and then sticks to it.

The real problem is tho that I don't exactly understand the dllcalls... And I guess that's why it isn't working

So if someone would be so awesome to explain to me how they work, or at least can give me a list of these parameters then I would really appreciate that and learn something new :)

Obviously a solution to my problem is awesome aswell ^^

I run this under Windows 8.1

There is my code in a paste.

https://pastebin.com/q525f7mS

Edited by astrionn
added OS

anthonyjr2

The calls are fine, your real problem is how you are evaluating each if statement. You can't do "1 <= $ping < 250" in AutoIt. This is how it should be done:

HotKeySet("{ESC}","close")

pingpong()

Func pingpong()
   While True
      $ping=ping("8.8.8.8",3000)
      $s = string($ping)

If $ping = 0 Then
         ToolTip("N/A",0,0)
         DllCall("UxTheme.dll", "int", "SetWindowTheme", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "wstr", "", "wstr", "")
         DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 000, "int", 0)
      ElseIf $ping >= 1 And $ping < 250 Then
         ToolTip($s&" ms",0,0)
         DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 0255255, "int", 0)
      ElseIf $ping >= 250 And $ping < 750 Then
         ToolTip($s&" ms",0,0)
         DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 2550255, "int", 0)
      ElseIf $ping >= 750 Then
         ToolTip($s&" ms",0,0)
         DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SendMessage", "hwnd", $H_TOOLTIP1, "int", 1043, "int", 00255, "int", 0)
      EndIf
      Sleep(500)
   WEnd
EndFunc

Func close()
    Exit
EndFunc

UHJvZmVzc2lvbmFsIENvbXB1dGVyZXI=

MazeM

Nice job, but this code creates a new Tooltip at every ping, and changes it color - even if nothing changed.

Is it possible to update the Tooltip text/title with a DLLCall too?

BrewManNH

There is a ToolTip UDF included with AutoIt, look in the help file for the _GUIToolTip* functions.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      While creating a few excel spreadsheets using AutoIt, I came across something which to my limiting time to research the forums I don't anyone has mentioned. 
      The color pallettes are reversed. 
      Huge shock to me.

I wanted to produce a red row but kept on getting blue. 
      Seems like 0xFF0000 was red on the charts but when running the script, I got blue. 
      I then played around with the colors, and after a few tries, I finally got Red. 
      Reversed the FF0000 and the result is 0000FF.

So for Excel compared to Html
      0000FF (Red) - Excel
      0000FF (Blue) - Html

FFFF00 (Cyan) - Excel
      FFFF00(Yellow) - Html

• xtcislove
      By xtcislove
      Hello,
      i stuck again,
      Im using this function to create a treeview from root dir.

;https://autoit.de/index.php?thread/86082-treeview-root-verbergen/&postID=691139#post691139 #include <File.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $sPath = @ScriptDir Global $hGui = GUICreate('TreeView-Example', 400, 600) Global $idTreeView = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 10, 380, 580, Default, $WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE) GUISetState() _CreatePath($sPath, $idTreeView) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = -3 Func _CreatePath($sPath, $idParent) Local $aFolder, $aFiles, $idItem If StringRight($sPath, 1) <> '\' Then $sPath &= '\' $aFolder = _FileListToArray($sPath, '*', $FLTA_FOLDERS) If Not @error Then For $i = 1 To $aFolder[0] $idItem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($aFolder[$i], $idParent) _CreatePath($sPath & $aFolder[$i], $idItem) Next EndIf $aFiles = _FileListToArray($sPath, '*', $FLTA_FILES) If @error Then Return For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0] $idItem = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem($aFiles[$i], $idParent) Next EndFunc Folder Structure:

Folder1
      Folder2
      Folder3
      If a file exists in multiple folders, i like to color it red, if not green. 

I know how to do this for files, but nut for the folders.

Because if there is only 1 file in Folder2 that is also in Folder1 that it should only color this single file red, inlcuding its whole tree.

The Folder1 and Folder2 should be red in this case, too. Other files and trees should stay green.

Edit:
      Basically i like to color a file and its belonging tree red if the file exists more than 1 time.
    • ohaya
      By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am still really new with AutoIT.  We are using it to automate logging into web sites and I have encountered problems with focus.  The target web page is configured to put the cursor into the first text field (username) when the page is loaded, and when I run the AutoIT script, which does the log in seems like it is just not starting where I expect it to be.  
      I have been kind of using ToolTip() to kind of help with debugging, but now I am wondering if the calls to ToolTip() are causing the focus to be messed up.  
      For example, at least visually, when the ToolTip() is called, I can see the cursor disappear from the web page text field and they when I do anything that is supposed to send keystrokes, they are going off somwhere else ("never-neverland").
      But when I remove some of the ToolTip() calls, it works correctly.
      So the questions I have are:
      1) Do the ToolTip() calls interfere with/change where the focus on the target page are?
      2) In general, what are the "rules" for where ToolTip can be used "safely" (== doesn't interfere with focus)?
      Thanks,
      Jim

• Ambient
      By Ambient
      I have tried several way sto get this to work to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. #include <ListViewConstants.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include "GuiListViewEx.au3" $idItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($r & " | " & $c & $adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value & " | " & $Timestamp & " | " & _StringProper($adoRs.Fields("Tillid").value) & @CRLF & @CRLF & "Card Number : " & $cardnum & " " , $idListView) ConsoleWrite( "IDITEM" & $idItem) If STRINGLEFT($adoRs.Fields("TransactionAmount").value,1)= "-" Then Consolewrite(" String is Negative" & @CRLF) ;Drops in Here as expected ;GUICtrlSetColor(-1, $COLOR_RED) ; Colour line if item is negative this didn' work $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor($hListView, $CLR_RED) ; I also tried $TxC= _GUICtrlListView_SetTextColor(-1, 0xFF0000) CONSOLEWRITE("TEXTCOLOUR RETURNED " & $TxC & @crlf) ; This is returning True ELSE Consolewrite(" String is NOT Negative" & @CRLF) EndIf  
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      So first things first the example in the help file for _WinApi_Enum_Windows has an error
      ;_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, Default, "#|Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Should Be _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Next is a bit of helpful info on LPCSTR in a callback function it needs  to be passed as a PTR
      DllCallbackRegister($sFUNCT, $sRETURN, "ptr") Finally on to my question
      I'd want to call EnumPropsEX and pass a string through lparam + append to it rather than declaring anything globally
      I can Come up with two ways to do this The second it a lot more code but possibly safer but the first way I think Should do
      1. From a bit of testing It seems AutoIt won't overflow a DllStruct?
      2. Are strings passed through DLL call guaranteed to be 'an ANSI string (a minimum of 65536 chars is allocated)' as the Helpfile clearly states?
      #include <Array.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $aWindows = _WinAPI_EnumWindows() Local $aResult[$aWindows[0][0]][6] For $i = 1 To $aWindows[0][0] $aResult[$i - 1][0] = "0x" & Hex($aWindows[$i][0], 8) $aResult[$i - 1][1] = $aWindows[$i][1] $aResult[$i - 1][2] = WinGetTitle($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][3] = WinGetText($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][4] = WinGetProcess($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][5] = _ArrayToString(EnumProps($aWindows[$i][0]), ", ", 1) Next _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process|Properties") EndFunc ;==>Example Func EnumProps($hWnd, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'str', "") If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error ConsoleWrite("EnumProps Error:" & $iErr & @CRLF) ElseIf $aRet[3] <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit($aRet[3], ";") EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) Return SetError($iErr, 0, $aProps) EndFunc ;==>EnumProps Func _PropEnumProcEx($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $pStr) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 ; + Null Char If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('char[65535]', $pStr) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 1, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 1) & DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) & ";") EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func EnumProps2($hWnd, $iSzBuffer = 4096, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $sProps Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') Local $tProps = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']') DllStructSetData($tProps, 1, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferSz DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferRemaining ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tProps)) If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, 0) EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) $sProps = DllStructGetData($tProps, 3) If DllStructGetData($tProps, 2) > 0 Then If $sProps <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sProps, 1), ";") EndIf Else If Not $iErr Then $iErr = 6 ;buffer overflow Return SetError($iErr, -DllStructGetData($tProps, 2), $aProps) EndIf Return $aProps EndFunc ;==>EnumProps2 Func _PropEnumProcEx2($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $ptProp) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $sRet = DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) Local $iSzBuffer = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate('int', $ptProp), 1) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']', $ptProp) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 2, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) - $iSzStr) If DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) > 0 Then DllStructSetData($tRetn, 3, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 3) & $sRet & ";") EndIf EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx2