Sign in to follow this  
VIP

Windows 10 - How to set new password with command or Local User Group ?

VIP

I can not do anything with any user in the "Local Users Group"
I tried from my account but I could not change my password (ie set new password)!
But I was able to activate the Administrator account and I logged into the Administrator account and still could not do anything with my account! But I can set the password and disable the Administrator account from my account or Administrator.

Any ideas? (Ignore the click on the Sign-in option in the Change Accout settings.)

vip.png

Regards,

spudw2k

It looks like the issues is that account is a not a local user account, but a Microsoft account.  As far as I've found, you cannot change a Microsoft account password this way.  You can however convert the account to a local account which should allow you to change the password in the manner you desire.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-switch-back-to-a-local-account-from-a-microsoft-account/

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Dreamfire
      By Dreamfire
      Hi,
      Since today, exe's are being flagged as having a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.B!cl)
      Version:  3.3.14.3 - SciTE Version 3.7.3

• PramodR
      By PramodR
      Hello,
      I have to execute below block of code in elevated previllage, as that particular wmic class will work only with admin previlage.
      i am getting out put when i launch autoit as administrator,  but i will not be able to launch autoit as admin in this particular case but my user have admin rights.
      is there any better way i can run those command as administrator.?
      tried below steps:
      i have tried #RequireAdmin but that creates a user prompt  Tried using Runas command but gives error as wrong username or password , stuck with that step.  

• Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Dear members of the forum,
      I need to open excel files that may or may not need a password and finally move the files that needs password to manual queue.
      Is there a fastest way to do this?

PS: I have a huge respect for the rules of this forum. I am not asking assistance to override any security measure. I just need to segregate the files that needs passwords.
    • dwaynek
      By dwaynek
      traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
      here's a simple script i used:
      TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
      i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
    • antonioj84
      By antonioj84
      Hi all to the forum guru and expert I am trying to  automate this. in the registry  I have the network profile name network 2 and network   I want to  change their  CATEGORY  to Private .  Can someone lead me in the right direction.
      Private is 1 and Public is 0
      #RequireAdmin Global $sHKLMRoot = @OSArch = "x64" ? "HKLM64" : "HKLM" RegWrite($sHKLMRoot &"\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\NewNetworks" ,'/v NetworkList /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 00000000 /f') see  attached picture below
      Much appreaciate