FrancescoDiMuro

Urgent: make _IE* automation faster

17 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone :)

I worked a bit on a little project of mine, and I managed to do what I was trying to do, or, automate a quiz in AutoIt.

Now, everything works fine but, in order to achieve what I'm trying to achive, I'd like to make this script run faster.

I'll attach a portion of the code in order to let you understand what my script does.

$objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1") ; Take the text of the answer
        If @error Then
            ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura degli h1 nella pagina. - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF)
        Else
            For $objElement In $objIE_h1
                $strInnerText = $objElement.innerText
            Next

Select
                Case StringInStr($strInnerText, "QUESTION") ; Here is the question
                    ; PS4 PRO

$objSpans = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "span") ; Answers are stored here
                    For $objElement In $objSpans
                        If $i >= 4 Then
                            $strAnswer = $objElement.innerText ; Take the text of the answer n° 0, 1, 2, 3
                            If StringInStr($strAnswer, "CORRECT ANSWER") Then ; If I match the correct answer, then, I have to click on the input with answer id = answer_i
                                $j = $i - 4
                                $objInput = _IEGetObjById($objIE, "answer_" & $j)
                                If @error Then
                                    ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura della risposta #" & $i & " - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF)
                                Else
                                    _IEAction($objInput, "click")
                                    If @error Then
                                        ConsoleWrite("Errore durante il click sull'elemento. - Errore: " & @error)
                                    Else
                                        ConsoleWrite($j & ") Risposta: " & $strAnswer & @CRLF)
                                        ExitLoop
                                    EndIf
                                EndIf
                            EndIf
                            $i+=1
                        Else
                            $i+=1
                        EndIf
                    Next
                    $i = 0
                    $j = 0

This is what my script does.

Questions are 20, in which I have 15 multiple choice question, 2 images ( on which I use _IEImgClick() ), and 3 text inputs ( a simple send with the text I have to enter ).

How can I make all of these, faster?

If I reach this goal, I've probably done one of my best goals in life, and I'd like to share my happiness with you, giving a huge donation to this fantastic community!

Thanks for your help :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

@FrancescoDiMuro you have been around long enough to know you're not going to get a lot of help by posting a non-runnable snippet of code and then giving us a blanket "help me make this faster". If you would like help on improving the entire code, you have to post the entire code ;)

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

@JLogan3o13

Hi Master :)

Yes, you are right.

I'm sorry if I can't post the entire code, because it's a project which I'd like to not share at the moment.

I could ask now: "Is there a way to make a script faster, about _IE* automation?"

Thanks in advance :)

Spoiler

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

Yes

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Do I have to open another thread or, can you modify the title, please? :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

You can modify your own title by editing the initial post.

@JLogan3o13

Didn't know about that! 

Thanks again :)

Have a good day :)

Spoiler

Bump :)

Spoiler

There are definitely ways to improve your script, but I can't say that it will be any faster. For example.

$objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1") ; Take the text of the answer
        If @error Then
            ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura degli h1 nella pagina. - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF)
        Else
            For $objElement In $objIE_h1
                $strInnerText = $objElement.innerText
            Next

could be rewritten as follows, assuming there is only a single H1 element

$objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1", 0) ; Take the text of the answer
If @error Then
Else
   $strInnerText = $objIE_h1.innerText
EndIf

Thanks @Danp2:)

Other suggestions? :)

There is a bug when the script is too fast... It selects the correct answer, but seems that the system doesn't recognize it and then, I have a bad answer ( even if it's right ).

Thanks again :)

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

Other suggestions?

1. Remove "Urgent" from your topic B)

2. Stop making us work so hard to help you. Provide all information in one place.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Danp2 said:

1. Remove "Urgent" from your topic B)

I need to make this script faster for today, so, it's urgent.

2. Stop making us work so hard to help you. Provide all information in one place.

I tested the script many times, and lately I had this little bug.

Don't answer if you don't want to.

And, by the way, your solution

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

$objIE_h1 = _IETagNameGetCollection($objIE, "h1", 0) ; Take the text of the answer If @error Then    ConsoleWrite("Errore durante la lettura degli h1 nella pagina. - Errore: " & @error & @CRLF) Else    $strInnerText = $objIE_h1.innerText EndIf

doesn't work.

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

I need to make this script faster for today, so, it's urgent.

cw-urgent.jpeg

16 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

I tested the script many times, and lately I had this little bug.

Don't answer if you don't want to.

Fine... I won't.

20 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

And, by the way, your solution doesn't work.

As I stated, it should work if there is only one H1 element. Again, you've failed to provide the necessary details. How did it fail?

Just now, Danp2 said:

cw-urgent.jpeg

Really kid? :)

Fine... I won't.

You've already did it.

As I stated, it should work if there is only one H1 element. Again, you've failed to provide the necessary details. How did it fail?

I really don't know... Even if I have onlyone <h1> element in my page, it fails...

Search "h1" (2 hits in 1 file)
  C:\Users\maybe\Downloads\IE_Automation.html (2 hits)
    Line 70:         <h1><span class="questionid">1. </span>QUESTION</h1>
    Line 70:         <h1><span class="questionid">1. </span>QUESTION</h1>

One is the open tag <h1>, and the second one is the close tag </h1>.

KTHXBYE :)

Spoiler

You've stated that it fails, but haven't told us how you determined this. Did the script not run? Was an error generated? Was the element not found?

What happened?!

31 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Was an error generated? Was the element not found?

The function _IETagNameGetCollection doesn't match any h1, either in 0 nor in 1 index.

Spoiler

That doesn't make any sense. If the original command returned a collection containing 1 object, then the command I posted should work. An index of 1 would mean there were multiple H1s, so it does make sense that this failed.