ur

How to notify a process from internet

ur

I have an aws cloud machine where I kept all the build process to create some set of zip files and uploading them to OneDrive.

Once it is completed, I have another local machine in our environment which is a acting as a local share server also.

Is there anyway to notify this machine(without public IP) to start downloading these files.

I have written an AutoIT exe to download these files and copy them to respective locations.But don't know how to notify this from the remote machine.

Any suggestion??

orbs

to your process of creating files at AWS, add a final step: raise a flag. meaning, once all zip files are ready, create another file with a predetermined name and location.

let the local machine check for this file at regular intervals (say once a minute, if you are on a tight schedule). if that file exists, download the zip files as usual, and then delete that flag file.

there are other methods to push messages, but for your purpose i believe that method should suffice.

P.S. you can have that flag file contain some relevant info (e.g. version number of the current release, preferred deployment channel, etc.) so the local machine can decide on a proper operation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Piotr_Hodl
      By Piotr_Hodl
      Hi guys,

My post is more architecture related than the actual autoit script.
      Currently I have a java tool that makes a connection to a azure Windows VM using WINRM.
      Then I "grep" the session ID of RDP and using psexec I execute my autoit script on the session ID of the RDP (This assumes that I need to have already a RDP connection established).
      The script runs perfectly when I have a RDP session maximized/opened. If I minimize the RDP window some commands do not work, as for example the Send command.
      I do understand that it has to do with the window not being active, even though the script is executed remotely.
      https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_doesn.27t_my_script_work_on_a_locked_workstation.3F

My goal is to be able to run the autoit scripts with no limitations, like I was running in my local machine.

One important thing, all the flow is being triggered from a linux machine with no GUI. So that is why, I am using a jar file to start the winrm connection.

So to sum up:
      starting server: centos with no GUI
      remote server: azure win 10
      goal: from starting server, launch autoit script that is on remote server

Thanks
      Piotr

• Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Its Possible To auto Login with autoit script ?
    • Pintu
      By Pintu
      Good evening guys,
      i'm having a problem, not about the code (i'm only thinking about it at the moment) but about the way i can do it.
      I have a webpage (photo N.1) it has some elements in it.
      I need only the table (photo N.2), looking at the code and with _IEFunctions i can easy find the table but how i can i "copy" it?
      As i said it's really easy to found with a script but what should i do then? Copy the source? And how can i display it to the user?
      In my head i'd like to display it inside a GUI, is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Edit: Posted 2 times same photo. Now should be OK

• ur
      By ur
      With  ProcessList ( ["name"] )  we are able to get the running process list from the local machine.

Is there anyway to get the list from Remote machine, more precisely to get to know the status whether a particular application is running or not on remote machine using AutoIT?

We can implement through PSList.exe, but again we need to parse the text of it to read the output.
      Is there any direct UDF in AutoIT?
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      How can i add sleep command using internet speed.
      If my internet speed is 40-50Kbps then sleep for 5 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 30-40Kbps then sleep for 4 seconds,
      If my internet speed is 20-30Kbps then sleep for 3 seconds.

*Sleep command used bitween my costom script, Example,
      RunWait("rasdial /disconnect", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Stop connect from start
      Sleep(5000)
      RunWait("rasdial Internet", "", @SW_HIDE) ; Connect again