AutoIT Wrapper error

• Developers
26 minutes ago, careca said:

Remember i had the exact same error a while back? we even discussed it in PM.

My guess is everything is going to be fine in the files, as mines were.

Yes I remember, but we didn't get to the root cause and you removed all files, also the User stuff and reinstalled to get it fixed .....right?

I would like to understand why it is going wrong by digging deeper until we find the real reason, so we can learn from it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes i reverted to make it usable again, but if there's anything else i can do to try find the cause, just let me know. At the time you even mentioned remote access, i would be good with that.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• Developers
29 minutes ago, Jos said:

Ok, this is correct. Scroll down to line 14: #include "WinAPIFiles.au3" and do again Alt+I, this should open "WinAPIFiles.au3". Check if it is in the proper directory and whether it contains the Func _WinAPI_GetTempFileName() on line 1321.

Jos

This is in the Win.api include file. ;)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers
25 minutes ago, careca said:

Yes i reverted to make it usable again, but if there's anything else i can do to try find the cause, just let me know. At the time you even mentioned remote access, i would be good with that.

So you can still replicate the issue in your setup?
It should be relatively easy to debug as you have all sourcecode and it simply complains about a UDF not found.
We probably can also add an #include<WinApiFiles.au3> to AutoIt3Wrapper.au3, but it doesn't make sense as it is included via  WinApi.au3.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 minute ago, Jos said:

So now please do the steps I described last from the WinApi.au3!

Jos

are you talking about this step?

Ok, this is correct. Scroll down to line 14: #include "WinAPIFiles.au3" and do again Alt+I, this should open "WinAPIFiles.au3". Check if it is in the proper directory and whether it contains the Func _WinAPI_GetTempFileName() on line 1321.

I confirm that once i install SciTE4AutoIt3 v18.708.1148.0 i get those 2 errors the OP mentioned, even if the au3 file/script is completely empty without a single line, once i try to run i get the "Line 1368 _winapi-gettempfilename" etc, and right after that the variable without being declared, SciTe_RestoreSession($ScriptFile_In). Once i install back SciTE4AutoIt3 v17.224.935.0 it's all good.

The two outputs:

Spoiler

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\W10\Desktop\New AutoIt3.au3" /UserParams    
+>20:15:08 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.18.708.1148.0 SciTE v.4.1.0.0   Keyboard:00000816  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.936

Spoiler

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Users\W10\Desktop\New AutoIt3.au3" /UserParams    
+>20:13:55 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.17.224.935.0 SciTE v.3.7.3.0   Keyboard:00000816  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0409)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\W10\Desktop\New AutoIt3.au3
+>20:13:55 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3_x64.exe "C:\Users\W10\Desktop\New AutoIt3.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
->20:13:55 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>20:13:55 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 0.5778

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

• Developers

Could you try adding #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> in autoit3wrapper.au3, below the #include<winapi.au3>  so it looks like: 

#include <Date.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GuiTab.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WinAPIFiles.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

.. and see if that fixes it?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos, I matched the above list of Includes into my AutoItWrapper.au3 and found #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> missing. I added just that one and saved the au3.

Launched a test code and now I am able to use both CTRL+5 and CTRL+7.

To confirm the solution, I went ahead and commented on the #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> in the wrapper.au3 and saved it and see the same 2 errors.

Therefore, it looks like the new version deployed is missing the WinAPFiles.au3 in the Wrapper.

• Developers
2 minutes ago, DigDeep said:

Therefore, it looks like the new version deployed is missing the WinAPFiles.au3 in the Wrapper.

Thanks for testing....  This is indeed a change made in the current version.... but it doesn't make sense why this is not working for you as I explained before:

#Include<WinAPI.au3>  will include winapi.au3 which in turn has #Include<WinAPIFiles.au3> so it really should be included implicitly without having to specify it.
The strange thing is that it is working fine for me in that way......  I am stumped at the moment and that doesn't happen too often. :)

Jos 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am pasting here the Includes I have in WinAPI.au3, WinAPIFiles.au3 and Wrapper.au3. So you can match with your version and see if there's any difference.

WinAPI.au3

#include-once

#include "AutoItConstants.au3"
#include "FileConstants.au3"
#include "MsgBoxConstants.au3"
#include "Security.au3"
#include "SendMessage.au3"
#include "StringConstants.au3"
#include "StructureConstants.au3"
#include "WinAPIConstants.au3"
#include "WinAPIError.au3"
WinAPIFiles.au3

#include-once

#include "APIFilesConstants.au3"
#include "WinAPIMisc.au3"
#include "WinAPIShPath.au3"
AutoItWrapper.au3

#include <Date.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GuiTab.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <ComboConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

#include <WinAPIFiles.au3> ; I just added this now

• Developers

Your winapi.au3 looks different to mine:

#include-once

#include "Security.au3"
#include "WinAPIConv.au3"
#include "WinAPIDlg.au3"
#include "WinAPIFiles.au3"
#include "WinAPIGdi.au3"
#include "WinAPIHObj.au3"
#include "WinAPIIcons.au3"
#include "WinAPIMem.au3"
#include "WinAPIProc.au3"
#include "WinAPIRes.au3"
#include "WinAPIShellEx.au3"
#include "WinAPISys.au3"

That is why I asked to check line 14 in winapi.au3, as that has the required  #include "winapifiles.au3" line.
Which version of AutoIt3 are you running?

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 minutes ago, Jos said:

Your winapi.au3 looks different to mine:

#include-once

#include "Security.au3"
#include "WinAPIConv.au3"
#include "WinAPIDlg.au3"
#include "WinAPIFiles.au3"
#include "WinAPIGdi.au3"
#include "WinAPIHObj.au3"
#include "WinAPIIcons.au3"
#include "WinAPIMem.au3"
#include "WinAPIProc.au3"
#include "WinAPIRes.au3"
#include "WinAPIShellEx.au3"
#include "WinAPISys.au3"

That is why I asked to check line 14 in winapi.au3, as that has the required  #include "winapifiles.au3" line.
Which version of AutoIt3 are you running?

Jos

AutoIT.jpg

SciTEVersion.jpg

• Developers

I was asking about AutoIt3, not SciTE, as these include files come with the AutoIt3 installer! ;)
So I am wondering why we have different version of include files.
So tell me the AutoIt3 version and show the full winapi.au3 file in a codebox please.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

That is strange as the file clearly states: 

; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
; Title .........: Windows API
; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.2

and not mine:

; #INDEX# =======================================================================================================================
; Title .........: Windows API
; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5

which is how it should look!
Something is going wrong with installing/upgrading AutoIt3 here that needs investigation

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.