Need an advice about what UDF for work with ZIP best use nowadays.

Tersion

Here the this wiki page with list of available UDFs for data compression. For my tasks I only need ZIP support, so I started looking at pure AutoIt UDFs without any 3rd party dlls. And found out that most of available realizations uses standard ("native method") Windows dll - "zipfldr.dll". So for now I chose ZIP UDF by wraithdu. I've tested it on Windows 7 (x64) and it seem works fine. But here the comment from another topic where user says that Windows 10 discontinued support of "zipfldr.dll". Now I confused. I don't have around any Windows 10 machine to tested it. So maybe someone could confirm or deny that? Or maybe would better to switch to UDF with 7zip dll?

I need an advice...

FrancescoDiMuro,

Yes, but handle errors or some info while unpacking is not convenient in my opinion. You need constantly parsing stdout and etc. But still this is one of the available solutions, so maybe I would stick to it...

Thanks for reply!

• 2 months later...

In the last eight years I have used  ZIP UDF by wraithdu, and I can assure you it's workin' well also in windows 10, (even the october 2018 beta update)

I am a little concerned about the fact he UDF is "old" but it seems stable. Sometimes I think to pass to use calls to 7zip, but as you guys pointed out, dealing with sdtout is boring.

I am writing this because today I receive a strange error on some machines unzipping files, but the files are really unzipped so I don't understand.

Maybe I post the problem in the zip udf thread, I don't want to leave this udf.

• 2 months later...