Oracle SQL developer 18.2 automation - (Moved)

Miclotr

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the AutoIt world, but seem to be fair enough in Powershell Scripting.

Hence I do have to automate SQL Developper Gui...

1. creation of a new Dbase Connection

2.Opening that connection.

Normally I use the "Finder Tool" or the recorder to perform the basic window and parameter  catching, but the developers of the tool have chosen to write this as a "SunAwtFrame" , so the only thing I got working is to open the tool ....  (Fair enough for a beginner... but not what is expected of me ...)

Can someone help me out with this ????

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

First, use Au2Info.exe tool to see if you got access to the controls of the SQL GUI (dont forget to unfreeze the tool !)

If that doesnt work, look at IUIAutomation UDF.

Good luck !

Thanks Nine,

But that option I did try allready ... 

Fact is that if you use Au2Info, ensured that the tool was left unfrozen  and you run the finder mechanism, that will give you the exact same parameters for the whole tool....

See screenshot I added.

It is a real Pain in the @.... :(

If some other gentle wizard has any option, enlighten me...

Thx

unnamed.png

i told you already. read my post. it's java. go look at FAQ 31, standard autoit isn't going to help you much. there is a java spy tool, and also IUIAutomation mentioned previously.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

it's not that bad, and the IUI tool creates usable code. extract the udf and work through the examples is your best bet. yes, junkew wrote that stuff, the jab spy

as mentioned above, you can send simple keystrokes and such as well to keep it real simple

there are also other java automation products that cost money such as Squish for automating java stuff

https://www.froglogic.com/squish/editions/automated-java-gui-testing/

Edited by Earthshine

Well to be honest ... it is one of my first automations i do have to deliver... 

Directly Whoops ... Darn .... grrrrr ( think you all see what I am doing now .... tearing hair and such) 
The other things were like... open the finder tool ... or the recorder tool .... play a little and ... fixed ....

This is for me ready for the league of extraordinary gentleman ;-)

no I work as a CyberSecurity person... 
We have a suite that performs connections to applications .... logging on with users (and their password) to a tool in a kind of Kiosk mode (streamed session on a jumphost kind of thing)

Therefor we sometimes use AutoIt , to create those automatic logons....
A team doing Oracle needs SQLplus, sometimes toad, but also SQL Developer...... that is why I also need to make this work,  

well, you haven't told me much of anything that you need to do.

it looks like you have some learning to do. I would try the IUIAutomation, run simplespy.au3 and do what it tells you, you will end up with usable code you can learn from

Edited by Earthshine

IUIAutomation should work dude. Play with simplespy.au3, run it in the scite editor, then put your mouse over the java app and controls you want, hit Ctrl-W and go copy the usable code and start playing around. It should work

you need to be bigger than yourself and learn something new. it isn't always an easy task handed down to us.

Edited by Earthshine