Windows Security Interferes with Compiling

Just noticed recently that Windows Security/Defender/Antivirus started interfering at times with my compiles. It isn't blocking the autoit compiler, but it is flagging the temp files it generates as something that it wants to report to Microsoft. The fact that it is prompting this on the temp file that is in use by the autoit compiler, kinds of puts a hiccup in the compiler's ability to finish. Canceling it or whatever gets you around it, but is there a way to prevent this?

Moreover, Windows Security is pretty aggressive in trying to stop my other compiled scripts from running (which I have excluded now from scans). Still, I have multiple machines...

Any insights appreciated.

50 minutes ago, Nine said:

I got the same problem as you @coffeeturtle.  So what you need to do, is go into msse and flag the directory aut2exe as excluded from checks.

Thanks @Nine

Yeah, I was considering doing the entire program directory, but I need to take note next time if the temp files are being created in the temp folder. If so, I wouldn't want to exclude the temp folder from being scanned. (Not sure if I could use '*' like autoitemp*.* or something).

Then the matter of even my compiled scripts not running smoothly on my other machines unless I exclude their directories as well on each.  (Guess I was looking for a quick fix). Probably my included/embedded files within the main script is what triggers Microsoft Windows Security.

• 2 years later...
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, jaja714 said:

What does Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise have to do with this?

What does this pointless post, resurrecting a thread after 3 years, have to do with anything - unless you thought you were being funny. Please do not resurrect old threads, especially if you are adding zero to the conversation.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!