Logic help

Your code isn't good, you're making the exact same mistake as caramen, you're using Global variables in a function call that references the global variables you created in the first place. Unless the variables inside the function aren't supposed to be trying to redefine the contents of your Global variables, then you should use different names for them in the functions.

That code is a nightmare when trying to figure out if you're working with the global variables or the local variables, and most of them are totally unnecessary if you're just using local variables and passing them back and forth in the function calls.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

@BrewManNH Hello Brew how are you :)

Can you just demonstrate me how that work exactly ?

With simple simple simple function that do nothing or even with a schema how it's working to code it on the good way please ?

I though i had that knowledge but seem like not.

What i understand from what you said is :

Global $A

Func _ABC ($B)

$B= 0 

$C= 1

$D=$B+$C 

Return $D

EndFunc

My mistake is :

Global $A

Func _ABC ($A)

$A= 0 

$B= 1

$C=$A+$B 

Return $C

EndFunc

Does i am correct ?

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Here's @iAmNewbe's script modified to eliminate most of the global variables completely. I could probably get rid of a lot of the other code in here that is not necessary as well, but I don't really have the time. This should be used as nothing more than a learning experience, and not a critique because your code works, it can just work a lot better. You might also notice that I cleaned up some of the code to eliminate unnecessary variables as well as redundant code in the readstring function.

HotKeySet("{F2}", "_ReadString")
HotKeySet("{F3}", "_Exit")

;~ Global $Ticket , $MotClef1 , $MotClef2 , $MotClef3 , $MotClef4 , $MotClef5
;~ Global $MotPresent1 = 0 , $MotPresent2 = 0 , $MotPresent3 = 0 , $MotPresent4 = 0 , $MotPresent5 = 0
;~ Global $SuccessText = "",
Global $MyToolTip = 0, $MyTimer = 0, $SuccessText2 = ""

While 1
     Sleep(100)
     If $MyToolTip = 0 Then
     Else
          $MyTimer += 100
          If $MyTimer > 5000 Then
               $MyTimer = 0
               ToolTip("")
               $SuccessText2 = ""
          EndIf
     EndIf
WEnd

; Test Field:
; The word Bouteilles is here
; But the word Tourtle is not here.

Func _ReadString()  ;Lit le texte compare les chaines de charactères puis agis
     $Ticket = _ClipGetClip()
     $SuccessText = "Check 1 "
     If _CheckTest($Ticket, "Bouteilles") Then
          $SuccessText &= "OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF
     Else
          $SuccessText &= "NON OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF
     EndIf
     _Tooltip($SuccessText)
     ConsoleWrite($SuccessText)
     $SuccessText = "Check 2 "

If _CheckTest2($Ticket, "Bouteilles", "Bertt", "word", "test") Then
          $SuccessText &= "OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF
     Else
          $SuccessText &= "NON OK" & @CRLF & @CRLF
     EndIf
     _Tooltip($SuccessText)
     ConsoleWrite($SuccessText)

EndFunc   ;==>_ReadString

Func _CheckTest($sTicket_in, $MotClef1 = "0", $MotClef2 = "0", $MotClef3 = "0", $MotClef4 = "0", $MotClef5 = "0") ;Test d'une fonction de comparaison de chaine de charactères avec un mot.
     If $MotClef1 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef1 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef1)
     EndIf

If $MotClef2 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef2 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef2)
     EndIf

If $MotClef3 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef3 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef3)
     EndIf

If $MotClef4 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef4 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef4)
     EndIf

If $MotClef5 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef5 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef5)
     EndIf
     ;MsgBox(0,"_CheckTest2", $MotClef1 &" || "&$MotClef2&" || "&$MotClef3&" || "&$MotClef4&" || "&$MotClef5);DEBUG

If $MotClef1 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef2 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef3 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef4 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef5 = "" Then
          Return 0
     Else
          Return 1
     EndIf

;~      $MotPresent1 = 0
;~      $MotPresent2 = 0
;~      $MotPresent3 = 0
;~      $MotPresent4 = 0
;~      $MotPresent5 = 0
;~      $MotClef1 = 0
;~      $MotClef2 = 0
;~      $MotClef3 = 0
;~      $MotClef4 = 0
;~      $MotClef5 = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckTest

Func _CheckTest2($sTicket_in, $MotClef1 = "0", $MotClef2 = "0", $MotClef3 = "0", $MotClef4 = "0", $MotClef5 = "0") ;Test d'une fonction de comparaison de chaine de charactères avec plusieurs mots.
     If $MotClef1 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef1 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef1)
     EndIf
     If $MotClef2 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef2 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef2)
     EndIf
     If $MotClef3 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef3 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef3)
     EndIf
     If $MotClef4 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef4 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef4)
     EndIf
     If $MotClef5 = "0" Then
     Else
          $MotClef5 = _StringInString($sTicket_in, $MotClef5)
     EndIf
     ;MsgBox(0,"_CheckTest2", $MotClef1 &" || "&$MotClef2&" || "&$MotClef3&" || "&$MotClef4&" || "&$MotClef5);DEBUG
     If $MotClef1 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef2 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef3 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef4 = "" Then
          Return 0
     ElseIf $MotClef5 = "" Then
          Return 0
     Else
          Return 1
     EndIf
;~      $MotPresent1 = 0
;~      $MotPresent2 = 0
;~      $MotPresent3 = 0
;~      $MotPresent4 = 0
;~      $MotPresent5 = 0
;~      $MotClef1 = 0
;~      $MotClef2 = 0
;~      $MotClef3 = 0
;~      $MotClef4 = 0
;~      $MotClef5 = 0
EndFunc   ;==>_CheckTest2

Func _StringInString($sTicketIn, $sMotClefIn)    ;Comparaison de la chaine au ticket
     $StringChecking = StringInStr($sTicketIn, $sMotClefIn)
     $MotDeLaFin = $sMotClefIn
     If $StringChecking > 1 Then
          $sMotClefIn = 1 ;Est la
          $SuccessText2 = $SuccessText2 & $MotDeLaFin & " est detecté!" & @CRLF
     Else
          $sMotClefIn = "" ;N'est pas
          $SuccessText2 = $SuccessText2 & $MotDeLaFin & " n'est pas detecté!" & @CRLF
     EndIf

Return $sMotClefIn
EndFunc   ;==>_StringInString

Func _Tooltip($SuccessText)
     $MyToolTip = 1
     $SuccessText2 &= $SuccessText
     Global $MyToolTip = ToolTip($SuccessText2, 0, 0, "Checks results")
EndFunc   ;==>_Tooltip

Func _ClipGetClip() ;On integre la selection dans la mémoire
     $OldClip = ClipGet() ;ClipGetp précédent
     Send("^c")
     $NewClip = ClipGet() ;Integration selection
     ClipPut($OldClip) ;Restauration clip précédent
     Return $NewClip
EndFunc   ;==>_ClipGetClip

Func _Exit()
     MsgBox(0, "Arret...", "Extinction...")
     Exit ;Quitter
EndFunc   ;==>_Exit

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

2 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Here's @iAmNewbe's script modified to eliminate most of the global variables completely.

That is not my code, it is @caramen's code. 

The code I wrote uses Local variable scope.

This is my code I posted.  No global's used at all.

Func _CheckTest($stringToCheck, $exclusionString)
        $result = StringInStr($stringToCheck, $exclusionString, 0)
        If($result <> "") Then
            return True  ; The $exclusionString is in $stringToCheck
        Else
        Return False ; A Okay, $exclusionString not in $stringtoCheck
        EndIf
EndFunc
Func _CheckTest($stringToCheck, $exclusionList)
    If (IsArray($exclusionList) = False) Then Return False
    Local $aFound[0]
    For $item In $exclusionList
        $result = StringInStr($stringToCheck, $item, 0)
        If($result <> "") Then _ArrayAdd($aFound, $item)
    Next
    Return $aFound
EndFunc

Edited by iAmNewbe

;~      $MotPresent1 = 0
;~      $MotPresent2 = 0
;~      $MotPresent3 = 0
;~      $MotPresent4 = 0
;~      $MotPresent5 = 0
;~      $MotClef1 = 0
;~      $MotClef2 = 0
;~      $MotClef3 = 0
;~      $MotClef4 = 0
;~      $MotClef5 = 0

arrrrrrrrrrh

I thought that wa necessary in my reflexion. Becose when I write it's juste personal "toc". i dont know if the word "toc" make sense in english.

I code to get my $var to be with the original value ( first value ). Dunno why it's like my brain need this 😛  I will think about that in my next code Thanks.

In a logic way. But now i remember somthing. I think about that when I writed I i was thinking....: If i recall the same function. With different word. Exemple :

StringCheck1 I check 4 words

StringCheck1 again I check 2 other words.

with the debug line :

I will have that :

First time :

1|| 1 || 1 || 1 || 0 if check ok

Second Time :

1|| 1 || 1 || 1 || 0 if check ok

1||  || 1 || 1 || 0 if check KO

When at second time the wanted output is :

1|| 1 || 0 || 0 || 0 if check ok

1||  || 1 || 1 || 0 if check KO

Or I am false ?

Edited by caramen

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

24>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.214

xD

Edit: 🤦‍♂️

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Global $myGlobalVar = 24
$myVar = 24
Local $myLocalVar = 24

changeGlobalVar()

Func changeGlobalVar()
    $myGlobalVar = 2
    $myVar = 2
    $myLocalVar = 2
EndFunc

ConsoleWrite($myGlobalVar & @CRLF & $myVar & @CRLF & $myLocalVar & @CRLF )  ; should be 2 and not 24

>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.1767

Who can demonstrate the difference here?

Global $myGlobalVar = 24
$myVar = 24
Local $myLocalVar = 24

$myVar2 = 24

changeGlobalVar()

Func changeGlobalVar()
    $myGlobalVar = 2
    $myVar = 2
    $myLocalVar = 2
    Local $myVar2 = 2
EndFunc

ConsoleWrite($myGlobalVar & @CRLF & $myVar & @CRLF & $myLocalVar & @CRLF $myVar2 & @CRLF )  ; should be 2 and not 24
>Exit code: 0    Time: 0.2092

Here we all see how local $var is acting on the $myVar2.

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I know i was trolling we can have some fun too 😜

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

From the Manual:

Scope

A variable's scope is controlled by when and how you declare the variable. If you declare a variable at the start of your script and outside any functions it exists in the global scope and can be read or changed from anywhere in the script.

So with AutoIT I guess it doesn't matter if you use Global or Local in front of a variable declaration it uses the scope it was created in to determine if it is Local or Global.  Interesting.

Further reading it seems Local and Global keywords come into play within Functions to tell AutoIT what variable scope you are referring to.  Dim makes it automatic using Global if a global variable of same name exists or if not creates a Local variable though it is better to specifically state this and not use Dim at all.

Edited by iAmNewbe

10 hours ago, iAmNewbe said:

So with AutoIT I guess it doesn't matter if you use Global or Local in front of a variable declaration it uses the scope it was created in to determine if it is Local or Global.  Interesting.

Correct [in the global scope]. Local applies to the scope in which the declaration is made. If declared outside a function, then the variable is created in the global scope which is the (current local) scope as seen by the interpreter.

Edit: Think of local as being in the same neighborhood.

Edited by czardas

5 minutes ago, czardas said:

which is the (current local)

Just this part made me understand the correct way of declaring everything.

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

6 minutes ago, caramen said:

@iAmNewbe So look

Just this part made me understand the correct way of declaring everything.

Any variable created outside of functions are Global variables regardless of Local, Global keyword use.  Local and Global only come into play within Functions so when you assigned $myVar2 to Local the change stayed within the function because it is actually a different variable than the one outside the function.

Func changeGlobalVar()
    $myGlobalVar = 2
    $myVar = 2
    $myLocalVar = 2
    Local $myVar2 = 2
EndFunc

You are understanding I think.  I did not know or I forgot that AutoIT works in this way because other languages do not automatically do this and allow scope assignment everywhere. Is Interesting.

I mainly posted this for others that come to this thread later to clarify if they have questions about scope still.

Edited by iAmNewbe

3 hours ago, iAmNewbe said:

So with AutoIT I guess it doesn't matter if you use Global or Local in front of a variable declaration it uses the scope it was created in to determine if it is Local or Global. 

That's incorrect. A variable declared outside a function, using Local or Global is a global variable. A Local variable declared inside a function is local to that function and only lives as long as the script is inside that function, and ceases to exist outside of it. A variable declared as Global inside a function is still global in scope. Any variable used as a parameter of a function is automatically declared and is declared as Local to that function. A variable declared using Dim will be global in the global scope and local inside a function, which is why it's not a good idea to use Dim unless you're careful of it's use. See the second example in the help file in regards to what can happen to a variable when you use Dim inside a function if it has the same name as a Global variable.

Yes BrewManNH is correct (within the local scope) and I was just thinking about confusion relating to the global scope. With declaration outside a function, it doesn't make a difference (which keyword you use) beyond potentially bad syntax. Sticking to good syntax circumvents many potential problems.

Edited by czardas

8 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

Any variable used as a parameter of a function is automatically declared and is declared as Local to that function.

Ty for that one. 

8 hours ago, BrewManNH said:

A variable declared using Dim will be global in the global scope and local inside a function

And this one too

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

2 hours ago, caramen said:

Any variable used as a parameter of a function is automatically declared and is declared as Local to that function.

One caveat to this statement should also be mentioned, if the function is called by a hotkey or an Adlib function, the parameters of the function are ignored and you will get undeclared variable errors if you try, even if all of the parameters are optional.

Damn ty again i set hotkey very often!

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki