Can't compile any code at all

Hello, 

I wanted to try to learn the autoIT language but I got stuck at the beginning.

None of scripts work, even example scripts. 

Every time the error is - "The system cannot find the file specified.".

Please correct me if I'm wrong  but all you need to do for it to work is to install AutoIT and editor.

Is there any plugin/addon for Visual Studio that allows you to work there?

dsadas.png

No need for add-on or anything...But you cannot compile a script within autoit folders because they all are protected against modification.  You can run them without compiling.  Press F5 to run.  If you want to compile you need to create a folder in your personal folder and save as the example script in there, then you can compile them or modify them...

1 minute ago, Subz said:

You appear to have a custom installation or you're running a portable version since C:\AutoIt3\ is a non standard location 

I just changed the installation folder.

1 minute ago, Subz said:

Also recommend installing https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/ which gives you a lot more functionality.

I installed it.

Will try default installation. Thanks for help.

The problem is now solved. 

When I was installing it for the first time I went for something to eat so i haven't seen that webroot detected  AutoIT3.exe as threat and deleted it.

This time I saw it happen in the middle of installation progress.

imo. installer should fail the whole process not continue like nothing happend.

Haven't heard of AutoIt installer being flagged before, have only seen it with compiled executables mostly due to UPX compression.  The sticky post below normally has most of the information on this.  Which AV are you using?  I saw a similar post last week about being unable to find files, they might be encountering the same issue.

an 

how would the installer know that your crap utility is deleting afterward? as far as it can tell, everything was fine. there is nothing wrong with the autoit installer. nothing. fault is on your weak utility falsifying threats .

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions