AutoIt help file commands different from commands that work with application that supports AutoIt

I'm using a program called Intelliremote that has an AutoIt script editor built in to its UI for assigning AutoIt scripts to the buttons on a remote control.

The AutoItX v3.3.8.13 Help File came with Intelliremote, but for some reason non of the command examples listed in the help file can be cut and pasted directly into the Intelliremote script editor because they all need to be modified to work.

I checked Intelliremotes programs folder, it contains an AutoItX3.dll file that is the same version (v3.3.8.13) as the help file. So I'm not sure why the help file command examples are all different from the commands that actually work within the Intelliremote script editor, and why some commands that work in the Intelliremote script editor are missing altogether from the help file.

Below are some examples of the real world differences between the AutoIt help file command examples and the commands that actually work in the Intelliremote script editor.

Why are the help file commands different from the commands that actually work in the Intelliremote script editor?

What is the correct AutoIt help file version that contains the commands I've listed below that actually work in the Intelliremote script editor?

HF = AutoItX v3.3.8.13 help file command.
IN = Intelliremote script editor command.

HFoAutoIt.Send ("{TAB}")
INSend ("{TAB}", 0)

If I include "oAutoIt", I get the following message:

"Command "oAutoIt.Send" is not a valid AutoIt command."

If I don't include ", 0", I get the following message:

"Problem with command SEND: Expected 2 parameters but was supplied 1 parameter."

INMouseClick ("left" INTDEFAULT, INTDEFAULT, 1, 0)

If I want to click the left mouse button at the current location of the mouse pointer, I have to use INTDEFAULT in the command. But there is no mention of INTDEFAULT in the AutoItX help file.

HFoAutoIt.MouseMove 700, 700, 0
INMouseMove (700, 700, 0)

If I don't include the open and close parenthesis "()", I get the following message:

"Line 1 is not well formed with open and close parenthesis ()."

INTripleTapKeys ("3def")

There is no mention of the TripleTapKeys command in the AutoItX help file.

HFoAutoIt.ProcessClose "notepad.exe"
INProcessClose ("notepad.exe")

If I don't include the open and close parenthesis "()", I get the following message:

"Line 1 is not well formed with open and close parenthesis ()."

HFoAutoIt.Run "Notepad.exe", "", oAutoIt.SW_MAXIMIZE
INRun ("notepad.exe", "", 3)

If I use SW_MAXIMIZE, I get the following message:

"Problem with command RUN: 'SW_MAXIMIZE' is not a valid integer value."

Intelliremote script editor.jpg

Seems you are using the "wrong" help file.

Please check the window title of the opened help file. You will either find "AutoitX Help" or "AutoIt Help".

AutoItX is a DLL version of AutoIt v3 that provides a subset of the features of AutoIt via an ActiveX/COM and DLL interface

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ahem,

There is no mention of the TripleTapKeys command in the AutoItX help file.

Because TrippleTapKeys is mentioned in the "Intelliremote User Manual.pdf"

Here is a quote from it:

Script Events
By default Intelliremote supports the 90+ AutoItX commands found in the AutoItX help file.
Some custom script commands have been added upon customer request or to support features
of Intelliremote such as IR Blasting, HTTP Control of a 3rd party application, and much more.

TrippleTapKeys must be a custom script or addition written by the Intelliremote guy's.

Edited by Dan_555

Some of my script sourcecode

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 6:45 PM, water said:

Seems you are using the "wrong" help file.

Yes, that's what I thought.

The window title of the opened help file is AutoItX Help.

What is the correct help file that contains the same commands that work with the Intelliremote script editor?

If you have a look at the example on page 31 you will see default AutoIt commands. So you need the default AutoIt help that comes when you press F1 in the SciTE editor.
Or you use the online help file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@Keylonta

maybe because you need another language to access the AutoItX commands.

in the AutoItX help file, if you click on the COM Interface, you get following text:

Using the COM Interface

Before you can use the COM interface to AutoItX it needs to be "registered" (This is done automatically when you install the full version of AutoIt but you may need to do it manually if you are using AutoItX seperately).

To register the COM interface:

1. Open a command prompt

2. Change directory (using CD) to the directory that contains AutoItX3.dll

3. Type regsvr32.exe AutoItX3.dll and press enter

The name of the AutoItX control is AutoItX3.Control

Here is an example of calling a the Run method of the control from VBScript:

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")
oAutoIt.Run("notepad.exe")

The example at the bottom states that VBscript is used to access the AutoItX commands.

Therefore, most (if not all) of the descriptions of commands in the AutoItX help file  use the VBscript syntax,as a way to describe their usage.

I guess you should ask the Intelliremote Guys ... 

Sidenote: I see, their support page, wiki+bugtracker are offline ...

Anyway, i would suggest to install AutoIt and to compile the scripts which you need, then to call the compiled scripts with the remote buttons.

Edited by Dan_555

Anyway, if you want to use the AutoItX commands, then you have to look on the AutoItX syntax.

For example, you wrote:

HF:  oAutoIt.MouseMove 700, 700, 0
IN:  MouseMove (700, 700, 0)

"Line 1 is not well formed with open and close parenthesis ()."

Almost all AutoIt commands expect the parameters to be enclosed with ( ) .

I guess intelliremote is using dll calls to access the commands, and therefore you have to use the parentheses.

See if there are example commands available, and learn from them.

The AutoItX syntax can be read up in the COM interface, Methods Reference section.

For the send command 

Send

Sends simulated keystrokes to the active window

Send "keys" [, flag]

Parameters

keys The sequence of keys to send.
flag Optional: Changes how "keys" is processed:
flag = 0 (default), Text contains special characters like + and ! to indicate SHIFT and ALT key presses.
flag = 1, keys are sent raw.

Return Value

None.

Logically, to use this command with Intelliremote software, you should convert the   Send "keys" [, flag]

into

Send ("a",0)

Which would send the key a with the default mode.

Although the flag is optional in the autoitX, i can only guess that it is required in the IR code.

Edited by Dan_555