Posted (edited)

I've read everything on this topic that I could find within the first several pages of search results, but I couldn't find the kind of basic info I need. I know that many control class names include numbers to distinguish one from another of the same type. Is there a "formula" (I know there's a better word, but I don't remember it) to describe the control class names? Like in the help file for StringFormat():

"variable format" is; %[flags] [width] [.precision] type"

The other thing I can't find is a list/catalog of all non-user-specific classes and their names. Anyway, I'd like that general info, but my immediate issue is trying to perform a kind of wildcard search/selection of all controls of a given class (in, for example, a class list or array). Would anyone please help me out with this?  If my question is too vague, please let me know how to improve it. Thanks

Edited by Jorge11

You could start with WinGetClassList.  To read about controls how about this document ?

18 minutes ago, Jorge11 said:

If my question is too vague, please let me know how to improve it.

Yes it is vague.  Not sure how it could be improved since I don't really understand the goal of your question.