Sending Char or {space} to window in ConEmu

Hi! Fairly new to AutoIt. Using it for smaller tasks in a custom Commodore C64 BBS setup running och Windows 10 (PC). For the interface I use ConEmu (custom C64 font). Using WinVice and I´ve build this with hybrid between batch and python. Currently im using a split in ConEmu using the -new_console switch to build the interface. One of the windows is running WinVice for the C64.

It´s all working fine, but the BBS program has this "screen saver" and if you press {space} approx every 4:th minute this can be avoided. Thats what I want to achives. At the same time there is a main menu that has to be reachable all of the time. The focus when loaded is in the main menu. The main menu consists of commands outside the C64 BBS setup. This is for managing other stuff not direcly connected to the emulated C64 in the WinVice. If I have focus on the WinVice window/tab in ConEmu I can manage to send {space} with the script that I have attached. It checks a logfile to see if the telnet port reports LISTENING or ESTABLISHED. If ESTABLISHED it will not send {space}.

The problem is that I cannot send {space} to the window/tab in ConEmu if it does not have focus. That poses a problem since the Sysop/User needs to be able to user the main menu all of the time to control other stuff. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? I have really been trying with for example ControlSend, SendMessage, WinAPI_PostMessage (with hex) etc. Can't get it to work unless the WinVice window has focus. I have also tried the option in AutoIT called "AutoItSetOption (WinSearchChildren, 1)".

Much appriciated!image.thumb.png.872a5ee4d058af0cc0aa9948f09cb528.png

SpaceShrimp-v1.2b.au3

Maybe block all inputs, give focus to the ConEmu window, enable kb, send space, disable kb, give focus to previous window, enable all inputs ?

That should only take a fraction of a second.