_timer_kill question

I have a _Timer_KillTimer() that once in a while will not kill a particular timer for some reason, probably due to a conflict at a particular instance or hiccup, I know by checking the return value of the killtimer. Just hoping, but is there another way to address a timer that wasn't killed without using _Timer_KillAllTimers(), because I have other timers I don't want to be killed?

I knew someone was going to ask that lol, it's just a general inquiry if there is another way to kill a particular timer after the killtimer has been called and it didn't actually kill the timer, not to search for whatever might be intersecting with the killtimer and interrupting it. There's a bunch of other functions running and can't be bothered to reduce this particular issue to a workable reproduction of what's going on...it's most likely wm_notify and another handler that's causing this issue from what I see. I have another way to get what I want done, I just don't like the other way too much, so like I said, just a general query. Thanks.