Special effect for the mouse cursor.

Emerogork

Go to solution Solved by Nine,

@AllenAA thanks for the test. I also got another confirmation in PM that it works with XP but not with w7 x64 . I'll be able to try it with Win11 in a few days. If it works with Win11 (with some change) then I'll report here.
Meanwhile I'm gonna study the other solutions presented in this thread. Have a great evening :)

The source will run/compile in v3.3.16.1 and v3.2.12.1
The one compiled is on v3.2.12.1 as it don't need anything from the newer versions ( Run it on Win2000 if you need to ).

Added a few more things and uploaded it to the files area to save user forum space.

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

2 hours ago, Emerogork said:

ioa747, still cannot get the code to work.

have you  put the  ring1 png,  ring2.png  files in the same folder as the script, before run it, or compile it ?

ring1.png                 ring2.png

Edited by ioa747

I know that I know nothing

I want to experiment and change the thickness of the ring.
I believe the two lines of code are:
Local $hRgn = _WinAPI_CreateRoundRectRgn(0, 0, $aPos[2], $aPos[3], $aPos[2], $aPos[3])
Local $hRgn2 = _WinAPI_CreateRoundRectRgn(5, 5, $aPos[2]-6, $aPos[3]-6, $aPos[2]-6, $aPos[3]-6)

What ever I guess for settings only seem to make it worse.
Can someone explain?
I looked for it on Google but only get theory and no examples.

4 hours ago, Emerogork said:

Can someone explain?

It needs to be the same number in the line (ex. for 10 pixels thick) :

Local $hRgn2 = _WinAPI_CreateRoundRectRgn(10, 10, $aPos[2]-10, $aPos[3]-10, $aPos[2]-10, $aPos[3]-10)

That would be very tricky, because not all apps have caret.  Also, some apps scroll the window H/V when using arrow keys.  It would be possible for a very specific application, but for system-wide, I would say good luck.

• 3 months later...

Hey @argumentum.  Very impressive script!!!  I downloaded this from the "downloads" section of the forum, and I can think of many projects I would like to use it in.  I have, however, noticed some issues.  The circle surrounding the mouse pointer does not appear will appear under certain some parts of the Windows GUI, as you can see below:
giphy.gif

Is there a way to get your script to work so that the circle will appear above all other parts of the GUI?  THanks.

Edited by MattHiggs

This can be done easy without many changes. Just download and include _uiaccess.au3 from here and add this line after GUI is created.

#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <Misc.au3>
#include "_uiaccess.au3"        ; <<< ------ Include this
Global $hGui = GUICreate("TheCircleOfMouse", $iCircleSize, $iCircleSize, 0, 0, $WS_POPUP, $WS_EX_LAYERED + $WS_EX_TRANSPARENT + $WS_EX_TOPMOST + $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd;]"))
GUISetBkColor($ColorDefault) ;       * <-- set the color
GUISetState()
WinSetOnTop($hGui, '', 1)       ; <<< ------ Add this line

Untitled.jpg.60ddc9b29721e3ff9cbddbca346964a8.jpg

PS: @argumentum I blame you for poor coding. What's this bunch of functions in the first part of the script? Finally on line 110 I found the main GUI. :lol:

When the words fail... music speaks.

4 hours ago, Andreik said:

What's this bunch of functions in the first part of the script?

The idea was to run in Win2000 too if you felt like it. For that you'd have to run with v3.2 so, I included the needed functions from the UDFs into the script.
I don't have time to figure if it'll work everywhere with this new include but I'll release it as is. I'll do more testing when I get time.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png