question about _GUICtrlListView_GetItemParam

lucio69f

Because GUICtrlCreateListViewItem() is not the same thing as _GUICtrlListView_AddItem(). First function returns a control ID that can be used with GUICtrlSetBkColor() and the second function returns the item index.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

I propose that in the next version of optional autoit both can be returned, life would be much simpler, just one type of listview which is flexible and can do everything you need, let's simplify our lives please, now  in practical  i must rewrite  all logic  of my program  i want  kiiiiill me  fu.....

Now you are getting very annoying.  Stop whining it is too complicated for you, it is just about 15 lines of code.

Start reading, testing, understanding and working.  Otherwise, you will soon be alone, if not worst...

• Moderators

lucio69f,

just one type of listview which is flexible and can do everything you need

The ListView control is internal to Windows - all AutoIt does is automate the Windows API functions to (sort of) control it. Alas, it is one of the most complicated controls that Windows  provides (along with scrollbars) so I can well understand your frustration. But that is not an AutoIt limitation - look at my GUIListViewEx UDF which allows you to do many  things with ListViews, including colouring individual cells, editing the content, and many more. You will see it is very complex "under the hood", but I hope as easy as possible to use for the coder.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

1 hour ago, Melba23 said:

The ListView control is internal to Windows - all AutoIt does is automate the Windows API functions to (sort of) control it. Alas, it is one of the most complicated controls that Windows  provides (along with scrollbars) so I can well understand your frustration. But that is not an AutoIt limitation - look at my GUIListViewEx UDF which allows you to do many  things with ListViews, including colouring individual cells, editing the content, and many more. You will see it is very complex "under the hood", but I hope as easy as possible to use for the coder.

sorry if  i ask but  you  udf  can  create inside of listview a  button ? and  can colored like  histogram ? image.png.5c36dc57ba7bc06fff4dba817bb00554.png

• Moderators

lucio69f,

You can certainly get the UDF to run a user function when a cell is doubleclicked (close to a button) and colour individual cells. Alas, histograms are not part of the package - and I have never seen such a thing in a stock ListView, sorry.

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

lucio69f,

Not in a "stock" Windows ListView - which is very obviously not the case of the control in the the image you show. That looks to me like a very customised control.

M23

Spoiler

9 hours ago, Melba23 said:

Not in a "stock" Windows ListView - which is very obviously not the case of the control in the the image you show. That looks to me like a very customised control.

maybe   build  with engine for game,, in  base of  your  experience  what  you think  ?  be  a possible?  i think woulde  be  responsive  and f ast  ?