WinXP Serial Key

cppman

HI,

do you use beta? Please download beta and try again. Same to you Fossil Rock.

Download Latest Beta Link

Hope that helps...

So long,

Mega

I have used the code and when it is in au3 format it works fine, but when I compiled the script I get a similar error that has been reported with Fossil Rock - on 2 different PCs. One of the PC's that I used is the same one that the au3 script works on. Please let me know what I can do.

I have attacted the ERROR.

Thanks,

nitekram

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used the code and when it is in au3 format it works fine, but when I compiled the script I get a similar error that has been reported with Fossil Rock - on 2 different PCs. One of the PC's that I used is the same one that the au3 script works on. Please let me know what I can do.

I have attacted the ERROR.

Thanks,

nitekram

When you compile it are you using the beta compiler or selecting beta compile from SciTe

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

When you compile it are you using the beta compiler or selecting beta compile from SciTe

Hi,

like BigDod said. If you are using Scite you pressed ALT+F5 which means Beta-Run. That should work.

When you compile the au3. file you have to use compile (bata) script to exe from the beta folder of autoit-installation.

Hope that helps and you like the script.

Edit: Besides, I would always toggle to beta. :-)

So long,

Mega

Edited by th.meger

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

like DigDod said.

Is everyone trying to wind me up by getting my name wrong :o

God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Is everyone trying to wind me up by getting my name wrong :o

:"> fixed it. Sorry, it is just because you always dig deeper into everything. :geek:

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

:"> fixed it. Sorry, it is just because you always dig deeper into everything. :o

So long,

Mega

:geek:;):sorcerer:

I am so sorry - I only started working with this over the weekend and I downloaded everything and it all worked after some configuration and me getting to know the program. I went to work today to show off and forgot to toggle to beta version. My Bad...it all works fine now. Great program by the way.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I am so sorry - I only started working with this over the weekend and I downloaded everything and it all worked after some configuration and me getting to know the program. I went to work today to show off and forgot to toggle to beta version. My Bad...it all works fine now. Great program by the way.

No problem, that´s what a support forum is for. :geek:

Great program by the way.

Thank you! Hope other people think the same. :o

So long,

Mega

P.S.: Maybe I´ll take a look, what features can be added (productkeys) at the weekend.

Link to download the program Link to the program WinInformationI1.1

Edited by th.meger

I think that it is very good. Pity about not getting Office 2000 key but you tried your best. The good thing about Office 2000 is it does not need activation so any Office 2000 key does.

Keep up the good work. :o

I think that it is very good. Pity about not getting Office 2000 key but you tried your best. The good thing about Office 2000 is it does not need activation so any Office 2000 key does.

Keep up the good work. :geek:

Thanks very much!

Nice to hear that from a 1.000+ posts sage. :o

I´m always open for some things to add, improve and so on.

So long,

Mega

Keep up the good work. :o

cool stuff.

could you get it to display the amount of HD space, system info like on my computer (right click>properties> computer name.. the whole nine yards.. that would be wonderful

cool stuff.

could you get it to display the amount of HD space, system info like on my computer (right click>properties> computer name.. the whole nine yards.. that would be wonderful

Hi,

thanks! What info do you need exactly? You can make it on your own. Maybe this can be a beginning.

$hdSizeC = DriveSpaceTotal( "c:\")
    $hdFreeSizeC = DriveSpaceFree( "c:\")
    $hdSizeD = DriveSpaceTotal( "d:\")
    $hdFreeSizeD = DriveSpaceFree( "d:\")
    MsgBox(0,"HDInfo", _
            "Hostname               : " & @ComputerName & @CRLF _
             & "Domain                  : " & @LogonDomain & @CRLF _
             & "LogonServer         : " & @LogonServer & @CRLF _
             & "OS Type                 : " & @OSTYPE & @CRLF _
             & "Version             : " & @OSVersion & @CRLF _
             & "ServicePack         : " & @OSServicePack & @CRLF _
             & "Drive C size                : " & Round($hdSizeC) & " MB" & @CRLF _
             & "Drive C free                : " & Round($hdFreeSizeC) & " MB" & @CRLF _
             & "Drive D size                : " & Round($hdSizeD) & " MB" & @CRLF _
             & "Drive D free                : " & Round($hdFreeSizeD) & " MB" & @CRLF _
             & "ScriptStarting User     : " & @UserName)

So long,

Mega

• 2 weeks later...

Mega,

First I love your code - it made me want to get into this (AutoIT), as I could use it right away. Second do you use OnEvent? If so I have configured your code to work that way.

My question is how do you go about keeping variables more local. I would like to use OnEvent to do this, and have found it difficult to figure out how to use more localized variables. I use OnEvent and make each control call the same function and then use an IF / THEN or a CASE to figure out which function I want to call - like I have your code on a button press. I am just a little confused as well as being new to programming, but my goal is to make code that make sense as well as keeping the code to just what I need to get the job done. I got stuck on pointers for about 8 months until I understood what they were, but still I was unable to use them. I want to work smarter not harder - any thoughts on this, as well as being able to use more localized variables - or does it even matter with or to AutoIT?

All by me:

From my dad

WindowsError.gif

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

Mega,

First I love your code - it made me want to get into this (AutoIT), as I could use it right away. Second do you use OnEvent? If so I have configured your code to work that way.

My question is how do you go about keeping variables more local. I would like to use OnEvent to do this, and have found it difficult to figure out how to use more localized variables. I use OnEvent and make each control call the same function and then use an IF / THEN or a CASE to figure out which function I want to call - like I have your code on a button press. I am just a little confused as well as being new to programming, but my goal is to make code that make sense as well as keeping the code to just what I need to get the job done. I got stuck on pointers for about 8 months until I understood what they were, but still I was unable to use them. I want to work smarter not harder - any thoughts on this, as well as being able to use more localized variables - or does it even matter with or to AutoIT?

HI,

thanks! Hmmh, I think the script is written in MessageLoop-Mode. :)

You can set nearly all the vars to Local. That wouldn´t change much. Local makes sense, when you are using it only for a specific time (e.g. in a func) and Global can be used in all the funcs.

So long,

Mega

• 1 month later...

I've made one or two changes to th.megers XP Information script so here it is. The ToDo list at the top will give you an idea of how much is left to be done. Right now I'm debugging the code to verify WMI so that should be added right away.

I do have one question though for whoever wrote the code to check the Office product key.

Why is

Return DecodeProductKey($key)
being used? Every system that I've checked does not have the Office product key encoded. It's a straight RegRead of simple text. Calling the function doesn't seem to cause a problem so for now I'm leaving it alone.

I still want to change the Network functions to return the MAC addresses as well as the identification of the adapter. Also it will be nice to add the same sort of thing for Modems although I will probably add the Modem command string in as well and display the Net adapters/modems much like the Drives are done now.

Test fly it and please come back with comments, ideas (preferably for additions) and areas in the code where you think it can be improved.

Edited to include an updated file with a temporary WMI workaround

Edited by GEOSoft

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Errors:

>Running AU3Check (1.54.1.1) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

C:\1.au3(165,92) : WARNING: $Product: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetData ($Edit_1, GUICtrlRead ($Edit_1) & @CRLF & @CRLF & '[ Office ' & $Product &

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3(176,33) : WARNING: $Prog_Count: possibly used before declaration.

$Prog_Count = $Prog_Count +

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3(336,103) : WARNING: $Computer: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetData ($Edit_4, GUICtrlRead ($Edit_4) & 'Computer Name = ' & Chr (9) & Chr (9) & $Computer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~^

C:\1.au3(307,88) : WARNING: $Computer: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.

Global $Computer = RegRead ($Key2 & "\ComputerName\ComputerName", "computername")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

->AU3Check ended.rc:1

>Running:(3.1.1.120):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\1.au3"

C:\1.au3 (315) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

For $Objuser in $objGroup.Members ()

For $Objuser in $objGroup^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Office keys are encoded, at least in my case!

Yep!! It was the product ID I was thinking of

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Errors:

>Running AU3Check (1.54.1.1) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

C:\1.au3(165,92) : WARNING: $Product: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetData ($Edit_1, GUICtrlRead ($Edit_1) & @CRLF & @CRLF & '[ Office ' & $Product &

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3(176,33) : WARNING: $Prog_Count: possibly used before declaration.

$Prog_Count = $Prog_Count +

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3(336,103) : WARNING: $Computer: possibly used before declaration.

GUICtrlSetData ($Edit_4, GUICtrlRead ($Edit_4) & 'Computer Name = ' & Chr (9) & Chr (9) & $Computer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~^

C:\1.au3(307,88) : WARNING: $Computer: declared global in function only. Prefer top of file.

Global $Computer = RegRead ($Key2 & "\ComputerName\ComputerName", "computername")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\1.au3 - 0 error(s), 4 warning(s)

->AU3Check ended.rc:1

>Running:(3.1.1.120):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "C:\1.au3"

C:\1.au3 (315) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

For $Objuser in $objGroup.Members ()

For $Objuser in $objGroup^ ERROR

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

Look at the ToDo list at the top.

See the one marked Code cleanup?

Besides that the only one that I will change right away is the last one and $Computer should have been been a local declaration not global. The rest just get put down to sloppy code that will be cleaned up later.

But thanks for the check. Somedays I'm tempted to go back to Scite just to play with some of the AutoIt toys.

George