Folder Protection

HackerZer0

this would defeat the perpose... you must know wich is bigger to tell if something was deleted...if you use THAT

code deletion would be enabled, only leaving copies in the backup...

Then I miss your question at the first post.

it doesn't work correctly if you change a file in the folder to be smaller, or if you change it and its the same size, it won't copy itself...

help me improve this plz! :whistle:

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Then I miss your question at the first post.

ok lets say i have a file in the protected folder called

test.txt with 107 bytes of data

lets say i change the last 5 bytes from "abcde" to "hello"

the script will not detect a change in the file...and will not back it up, because it maintained it's size...

it wasn't a question...just a 'glitch' i was trying to explain

ok lets say i have a file in the protected folder called

test.txt with 107 bytes of data

lets say i change the last 5 bytes from "abcde" to "hello"

the script will not detect a change in the file...and will not back it up, because it maintained it's size...

it wasn't a question...just a 'glitch' i was trying to explain

How about if you look at the modified dates of the files in the folder, or even the folder itself?

To whom it concerns...

I am really getting tired of the witch hunt on this site for hackers (hacker hunt?). Any time someone posts a question about logging keystrokes or hiding their script, everyone yells "HACKER!" I have seen it so many times it makes me sick.

If there is a real hacker trying to create a Trojan or virus with AutoIt, he will likely be smart enough to figure it out without having to post a question on how to do it. Those who post questions on how to do something do not have the expertise to actually make something worthy of a virus pattern file all to themselves.

So if you see a post that makes you want to scream "HACKER" then just ignore it. Let someone less paranoid answer the question for you.

To whom it concerns...

I am really getting tired of the witch hunt on this site for hackers (hacker hunt?). Any time someone posts a question about logging keystrokes or hiding their script, everyone yells "HACKER!" I have seen it so many times it makes me sick.

If there is a real hacker trying to create a Trojan or virus with AutoIt, he will likely be smart enough to figure it out without having to post a question on how to do it. Those who post questions on how to do something do not have the expertise to actually make something worthy of a virus pattern file all to themselves.

So if you see a post that makes you want to scream "HACKER" then just ignore it. Let someone less paranoid answer the question for you.

thank you lol...

Another way to protect folders (in XP at least) is by removing ownership of them. Once you do this, the damn thing is near impossible to delete even using those 'delete on boot' utilities. Of course, you can't access the folder either until you restore ownership, but if the point is to protect the folder from accidental deletion when not in use, this would seem to be a good way to do it (IMHO). You just need to create a small AutoIt script that can remove and restore ownership of a particular folder at the press of a button. A right mouse click setting would probably be even better/easier.

I came across this method recently when a program I tried to install failed. The damn thing crashed before fully installing and hadn't set the ownership of the folder (no ownership at all - nada, so even a safe boot as admin couldn't delete it). I spent hours trying to delete it with no luck then several more searching the web for a solution. I even tried 'GiPo MoveOnBoot' and 'Unlocker' utilities but they too failed to delete it. Finally found an obscure reference to disabling the 'use simple file sharing' folder option and restoring ownership.

P.S. I don't mean to hijack your thread HackerZero, it's just something you may like to look at for future updates to your script.

Ownership is a hell of a lot of trouble to go though. Be careful when setting ownership. it can be a bitch if you accedently set ownership of a important file :whistle:

Also, doesn't ownership only work on domain networks?

To whom it concerns...

Your obnoxiously red text is wrong. Just because somebody is not capable of making a keylogger or trojan without help doesn't mean they can't eventually make something bad if they put together enough bits and pieces of existing nefarious code. Maybe they won't make something that gets AutoIt flagged, that's no excuse to let them damage or corrupt one or more machines.

As for the "witch-hunt", if you don't like it, leave. We do quite a bit of moderation based on the community policing itself to catch things we miss. There are certain topics that are not appropriate for the official forum. If you don't like the rules and how we enforce them and how the community as a whole contributes to the enforcement there-of, either shut up or ship out.

As for HackerZer0, I think any accusations are justified. The name is a warning flag although it's not damning enough on it's own. But given the fact that the user has had two threads locked for posting mischievous code and has been banned for a flagrant display of immaturity, it's a pretty good bet that whatever HackerZer0 is up to, it's likely going to be annoying to many.

Ownership is a hell of a lot of trouble to go though. Be careful when setting ownership. it can be a bitch if you accedently set ownership of a important file :whistle:

Oh, I don't know - a well written script should make the process easy. True, I wouldn't recommend doing it on anything other than docs/files you personally create.

Also, doesn't ownership only work on domain networks?

Not sure - I don't believe so. I'm not on a network per se although I am connected to a router but I'm not sharing any files and have disabled the relevant MS Services. That said, ownership appears to still matter as my last post shows.

As for HackerZer0, I think any accusations are justified. The name is a warning flag although it's not damning enough on it's own. But given the fact that the user has had two threads locked for posting mischievous code and has been banned for a flagrant display of immaturity, it's a pretty good bet that whatever HackerZer0 is up to, it's likely going to be annoying to many.

do you really belive that by hunting down hackers in the forum you can chnge what they are or what they are doing?

...if i get kicked...no biggy...alt email...just make another account...

besides, if i was actually trying to create somthing destructive i wouldn't use that username...

there are other hackers just like me ON THIS FORUM, just goes to show you...sometimes yo have to be 1 to know 1...

n e way, you guys can go ahead and ridicule all u want, i'm not a threat to this site, i hack to get free stuff, not to harm comps...

do you really belive that by hunting down hackers in the forum you can chnge what they are or what they are doing?

We can stop what they do here.

...if i get kicked...no biggy...alt email...just make another account...

Noted.

besides, if i was actually trying to create somthing destructive i wouldn't use that username...

Well, in the end, it's not the username that matters but the posts themselves. So far, you have both a suspicious username and suspicious posting history.

there are other hackers just like me ON THIS FORUM, just goes to show you...sometimes yo have to be 1 to know 1...

What it goes to show is they have more sense than you since they aren't flagrantly displaying their stupidity for all to see.

n e way, you guys can go ahead and ridicule all u want, i'm not a threat to this site, i hack to get free stuff, not to harm comps...

Because petty theft is ever so much better.

We can stop what they do here.

and you think thats makes a difference? besides, if you knew anything about basic hacking techniques, you would realize Autoit is not very much of a 'hacker-helpful' language...and all my hacks are manual anyway...i dont make hacking scripts...creates those damned script kiddies...

Well, in the end, it's not the username that matters but the posts themselves. So far, you have both a suspicious username and suspicious posting history.

suspicious, NOT condemning... nothing i do on this forum is even remotely related to hacking, if you ask me, most of my posts look like the conception of joke viri...and guess what...THEY ARE! everything ive posted so far exept Folder Protect is the begining of a joke viri...look at RJL software...they have several of those...do you ridicule them?

What it goes to show is they have more sense than you since they aren't flagrantly displaying their stupidity for all to see.

wich also shows they have something to hide, i obviously don't...

Because petty theft is ever so much better.

i like to think of it as a V.I.P. pass... :whistle:

suspicious, NOT condemning... nothing i do on this forum is even remotely related to hacking, if you ask me, most of my posts look like the conception of joke viri...and guess what...THEY ARE! everything ive posted so far exept Folder Protect is the begining of a joke viri...look at RJL software...they have several of those...do you ridicule them?

I agree you have made joke virii with your previous posts. It is no wonder members are on your case. The rest is a silly claim of a HackerWannaBe title you try to glorify. We are all hackers to some extent. While you continue this path then you will continue to be disliked.

I'm tired of this crap. Four day ban, thread locked. This really isn't the correct forum for your crap, HackerZer0. You want to post joke virii, brag about theft and question how things are done around here, then find another place because this isn't it.