Sign in to follow this  
crashdemons

Rollup Pro v16

crashdemons

I wrote this application over the last couple of days because a friend was complaining that Windows needed a Roll-up button that minimizes a window to it's titlebar, aside from regular minimize.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Note: you must actually activate a window to see the button.)

More than that - this button can be right-clicked to display and change information about a window quickly.

The information includes the basics like HWnd, Title, State(using state values, not flags), Transparency, Position, Dimensions and Processname/PID.

Note: You can find the Exit option by right-clicking the button as well.

***Grabby Movement***

To change the horizontal placement you can click the "grabby" button and move the mouse until the buttons are placed where you want them and then click the grabby button again to set them there.

Current Script Version - 16

RollupPro_16.zip

Function Credits:

• _ReduceMemory - w0uter
  • WinGetTrans* - Valik
  • _ProcessGetName - Process.au3 UDF (Erifash?, Wouter?)
  • _ProcessGetPriority - Process.au3 UDF
  • _Win_TBHeight - Zedna - (v12 and lower - Prog@ndy, WinAPI.au3, Structures.au3)
  • _ProcessSuspend/Resume - The Kandie Man
  • _WinAPI_GetAncestor - PaulIA - WinAPI.au3
  • _WinAPI_GetClassName - PaulIA - WinAPI.au3
  • _WinAPI_PtInRect - PaulIA - WinAPI.au3
  • _WinAPI_GetWindowRect* - PaulIA - WinAPI.au3
* notes a function was modified in operation slightly.

5-5-13 Edit: fixed posted images.

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

crashdemons

OK, so the button is in the wrong place. It hovers over the minimize button, which is annoying.

Right-click the button and hit "change titlebar offset"

then increase the negative value to a larger negative value.

By default it's -74 (just left of minimize on "XP Classic" Visual Style)

but you could make it like -90 or so to fit your visual style.

Also, once this is changed, it will be saved in an INI for later so you don't have to continually change it

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

crashdemons

OK :)

By the way, your images aren't displayed, could be college blocking them..

Sighs, everybody picks on the free host. :(

Do these work instead? - second host doesnt allow off-site linking to images and this forum wont allow images relayed by PHP.

You'll have to make due without images if you can't see them in the first post already.

Edited by crashdemons

rasim

crashdemons

Nice! I like it! :)

crashdemons

UPDATE:

-When clicking HWnd or other non-action options that normally copied, '&' characters that were used to shortcut keys are no longer copied into the clipboard.

-a Debug MsgBox is no longer shown after changing the position of the window

asionwu

Very Nice! I like it.

ludocus

Great!, But the button is at the wrong place and it looks old, (I got xp)

crashdemons

Great!, But the button is at the wrong place and it looks old, (I got xp)

Posted Image

Need any more clarity?

Edited by crashdemons

crashdemons

Update 7:

Added Grabby-Button movement,

simply click the grabby button once to have the mouse carry it to a new horizontal position.

(note: you must click the grabby button again to set the position)

I edited this post but somehow it went back one edit...? - Guess I'll edit it again.

Update 8:

Added Boundary checking on grabby movement:

If you go over an edge, the button will dock on that side.

If you go over the center, the button will dock proportional to the side it's closest to.

this will prevent hassling about with numbers just to get the dang thing to dock on the side you put it on.

Edited by crashdemons

crashdemons

Sorry for not posting back immediately about Update 9, I kinda dozed off and well...

Anyway,

Update 9:

Corrects a boundary conflict issue where the offset was reset by condition 1 of Update 8 but still checked under Condition 2 unnecessarily.

i542

I like it. I might use it often! That is mostly because I am used to scroll mouse wheel up on title bar to roll up the window in Xubuntu! (It is actually pretty cool and simple).

I can do signature me.

jftuga
crashdemons

If a window is maximized, the vertical arrow icon does not appear. Is this normal?

BTW: nice script!

Thanks,

-John

Yes, I made it so it wont appear in maximize or minimize states.

Something about changing the height of a maximum-height window just seems dangerous/wrong to me.

Additionally, if you maximized more than 1 window and rolled them all up, they'd get lost under one another :)

crashdemons

BTW - as long as there is an icon saved as @Tempdir&'\rollup.ico' Rollup pro wont check it twice

- you can substitute in any custom icon you want

- on a future update I plan to just to include and reference the icon file directly so it'll be easier to customize

jftuga