Sign in to follow this  
crashdemons

[Game] StarShooter

crashdemons

I had this FINISHED, lying around, waiting to be released here but I never got around to it.

Now, here it is.

Note 1: this is NOT using any images - it is only drawing-based!

The sounds for this particular project were shamelessly ripped from elsewhere.

Please let me know if it is too hard or too easy - more things can be added/changed!

Posted Image

StarShooter.zip

Known Bugs:

Enemy phaser lines sometimes rarely draw towards 0,0 instead of towards you. Fixed

If you go off-screen [wrapped] too many times or fly straight for too long, enemies clump/merge together on top of each other.

Edited by crashdemons
  • Like 1

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Yashied
Mat

can you make it so you move a bit faster or the enemies move a bit slower, its impossible to shake 4 guys off i they are a couple of pixels behind you!

Very nice though.

MDiesel

crashdemons

I'm glad you like it, Yashied - I would like to add a story and some preset animations whenever time permits.

(a space for an animation is already reserved before the final level [the non-existant $level=14] ; a cheat code (the D key) already uses an animation)

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

UEZ

I had this FINISHED, lying around, waiting to be released here but I never got around to it.

Now, here it is.

Note 1: this is NOT using any images - it is only drawing-based!

Note 2: I had a complaint about the Sounds not playing so I made them all 8-bit PCM - not sure if it will help or not.

The sounds for this particular project were shameless ripped from elsewhere.

Please let me know if it is too hard or too easy - more things can be added/changed!

Posted Image

Known Bugs:

Enemy phaser lines sometimes rarely draw towards 0,0 instead of towards you.

Looks really nice!

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

crashdemons

can you make it so you move a bit faster or the enemies move a bit slower, its impossible to shake 4 guys off i they are a couple of pixels behind you!

Very nice though.

MDiesel

You don't have to shake them, you have one thing your empire buddies don't - reverse thrusters.

Try using the Down arrow.

If _IsPressed($Keys[2]) Then $AMoveS=-1; reverse - on a spaceship!? I think not!
Edited by crashdemons

oMBRa

Nice game, I found also a trick to win, if u stay in the middle of the bottom u win easy ( until the enemy move very fast )

crashdemons

Maybe I should make it so if you get to the edge of the screen you can't fire :)

(or corner-camp for that matter)

Mat

or possibly so you can go off one end and come out the other, that would make it real oldskool!

Its kinda addictive...

MDiesel

oMBRa

I found another trick/bug:

whenever u do the animation pressing D, enemies stop firing, so spamming the animation makes u unbeatable, but after pressing D some times u will not able to do nothing

crashdemons

Cool game, but I have 2 observations.

1. I never heard any sounds.

2. It gives a laggy feeling.

See? i don't know why you and others have problems with this - it works fine here, and all I'm doing is using _SoundOpen, _SoundPlay (using the textual sound "alias").

Additionally, all of the WAV's are 8-bit mono tracks which there shouldn't be any problem playing...

A couple of questions:

Are you extracting all of the files to a folder before running (not just running from the ZIP)?

What AutoIt version are you using?

I'm still using 3.2.12.1 because of changes in later versions.

What OS are you on by chance? - If Vista, did you try Run as Admin? (just to open a WAV file?)

I'll try to add some error-checking for the _Sound* functions in the next update.

PS: Was anyone who tested this able to hear the sounds?

I'm not sure much could be done about that - only necessary data is contained in all of the arrays and the checking that is done is all required for decent operation.

You could always lower that measly Sleep(50) if you had a fast PC, but personally I wouldn't......

The things that really slow it noticeably is having too many things to draw, which is why there is a cap to the "shots" and the collisions/explosions.

I'll look into whether there's any optimizations possible for the multiple things that occur.

Edited by crashdemons

AdmiralAlkex

All files extracted to a folder calles StarShooter on my desktop.

Running with AutoIt 3.3.0.0 (it could matter since there was a big rewrite on the sound udf on that version. What version is your AutoIt?).

Windows XP Professional SP3. Account is in Admin group.

Good tip, I changed the Sleep to 25 and it was better looking and a little harder. Much more my style now :)

oMBRa

I cant hear the sound too (the same as AdmiralAlkex but SP2)

crashdemons

I found another trick/bug:

whenever u do the animation pressing D, enemies stop firing, so spamming the animation makes u unbeatable, but after pressing D some times u will not able to do nothing

D is a cheat - I made it so that attacks stopped, if you investigate the code you'll see this:

(The starburst is animation 1)

Func AnimCheck()
    Switch $AnimationN
        Case 0

Case 1
            $CanFire=False

I made it so that attacks also resume after the fact, but sometimes level-changes interfere.

Edited by crashdemons

crashdemons

All files extracted to a folder calles StarShooter on my desktop.

Running with AutoIt 3.3.0.0 (it could matter since there was a big rewrite on the sound udf on that version. What version is your AutoIt?).

Windows XP Professional SP3. Account is in Admin group.

Good tip, I changed the Sleep to 25 and it was better looking and a little harder. Much more my style now :party:

I'm using AutoIt 3.2.12.1 because I still write programs for Win98/Win2k etc.

I should try to find out if there's a quick way to switch between AutoIt versions so I can compile programs with either set: legacy or updated.

Personally though, I dislike the idea of having two sets of includes folders - having both seems like a headache either way.

:)

Edited by crashdemons

trancexx

Imagination is very important.

Obviously you are in no lack of it. 5 stars from me.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

AdmiralAlkex

I'm using AutoIt 3.2.12.1 because I still write programs for Win98/Win2k etc.

I should try to find out if there's a quick way to switch between AutoIt versions so I can compile programs with either set: legacy or updated.

Personally though, I dislike the idea of having two sets of includes folders - having both seems like a headache either way.

:)

That explains it. I had to make all sorts of ugly fixes to 2 of my scripts after upgrading to 3.3.0.0, the Sound UDF have lots of changes (mostly irritating ones).

crashdemons

Update: I added a quick and dirty fix for sounds. (not really efficient - optimizations will occur later)

Sounds should now work with the updated Sound UDF, but not on the old one.

I downloaded AutoIt v3.3 today and tested it out.

crashdemons

I just updated the script - I've had time to work on it lately and I added and changed a number of things.

Tell me if the script is too hard to finish - I should be able to make it easier with some input.

Animations must now finish before level changes (Fixed starburst cheat hanging on last level)

Enemies were originally allowed to fire phasers if destroyed by phasers (Fixed phaser lines drawing to 0,0)

Wrong array indices were being used in one area. (Fixed jumpy/non-smooth enemy movement etc.)

A number of sections have had the passed information changed to ByRef

The shortest turning angle is now used in conditions - yeilding smarter choices for the computer.

Enemies are now spawned facing at random angles - instead of all 0 degrees.

The dreadnought (the Big Ship) was way too easy - you have to deal with another weapon now.

The dreadnought will also be making unscheduled visits [animation] with it's new gun - reduces camping.

Nearly all "shots" and ships will now wrap from off-screen. (excluding the dread's shiny new weapon)

Unfixed Bug:

If you go off-screen [wrapped] too many times or fly straight for too long, enemies clump/merge together on top of each other while pursuing you.

Let me know what you think.

And now the spoilers:

Cheat 2:

'A', skip to the last level after the current.

Cheat 3:

'S', manually trigger a "visit" from the Dreadnought

The Dread's Weapon is:

A torpedo that starburst-explodes when it hits ANYTHING solid.

Hitting this torpedo head-on may, in many cases, be a near-death experience

Edited by crashdemons

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• JoeWagner
      By JoeWagner
      I'm building a tool to remotely monitor CPU usage on my server.
      I have a working tool but I have a few issues I'd like some help with.
      1. The app uses more system memory on a continual growth rate...  It eventually starts displaying strange artifacts and the background flashes between black and and white behind the GDI+ elements.  I determined this couldn't be left to run for any amount of time (greater than 15-20 minutes) - Very frustrating.
      I suspect it's because it keeps drawing new GDI+ elements to replace the previous cycle ... the $bar1 = "" is enough to remove the image and allow the new image to be drawn there, but I don't have a handle for the original GDI+ element to throw it away... Not sure where they go...
      I also suspect there could be a better way to do what I'm doing here, but from a problem solving perspective - this is what I came up with - I will accept suggestions for how better to accomplish the same / better or acceptable results  
      I will not however accept corrections on grammar, punctuation or commenting - I didn't comment this as I was going, I use the variables that make sense to me (or as they were when I lifted them from the scraps I found on the internet) and you can never be too careful with punctuation.
      2. I have a WMI query that is used to remotely pull the CPU data from the server - if I supply the wrong credentials the app crashes... I tried to make it show an error and go back to allow me to try again ... doesn't work. Any help with catching that error and preventing the crash would be super helpful. (works great if the credentials are correct; domain or local)

The whole thing below... 
      #include <Date.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <GuiConstantsEX.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> Global $__g_hGDIPDll Global $graph[21] Global $timer, $timeout = 500 Global $hFlag = 0 $timer = TimerInit() $main = GUICreate("CPU Graph", 125, 220, Default, Default, Default, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) $bar1 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 10, 10, 5, 100) $bar2 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 15, 10, 5, 100) $bar3 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 20, 10, 5, 100) $bar4 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 25, 10, 5, 100) $bar5 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 30, 10, 5, 100) $bar6 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 35, 10, 5, 100) $bar7 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 40, 10, 5, 100) $bar8 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 45, 10, 5, 100) $bar9 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 50, 10, 5, 100) $bar10 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 55, 10, 5, 100) $bar11 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 60, 10, 5, 100) $bar12 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 65, 10, 5, 100) $bar13 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 70, 10, 5, 100) $bar14 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 75, 10, 5, 100) $bar15 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 80, 10, 5, 100) $bar16 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 85, 10, 5, 100) $bar17 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 90, 10, 5, 100) $bar18 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 95, 10, 5, 100) $bar19 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 100, 10, 5, 100) $bar20 = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 105, 10, 5, 100) $host = GUICtrlCreateInput("Host", 10, 115, 100, 20, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL) $user = GUICtrlCreateInput("User", 10, 140, 100, 20, $ES_AUTOHSCROLL) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 400) $pass = GUICtrlCreateInput("Pass", 10, 165, 100, 20, BitOR($ES_PASSWORD,$ES_AUTOHSCROLL)) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 400) $start = GUICtrlCreateButton("Start", 10, 190, 100, 20, $BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) GUISetState() While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop If $msg = $start Then ConnectWMI() If $hFlag = 1 Then If TimerDiff($timer) > $timeout Then UpdateGraph() EndIf WEnd Func ConnectWMI() Global $hostname = GUICtrlRead($host) If Ping($hostname, 2000) = 0 Then Msgbox(0, "Error", "Unable to reach specified host") Return 0 EndIf Local $usr = GUICtrlRead($user) Local $pwd = GUICtrlRead($pass) Global $objSWbemLocator = ObjCreate("WbemScripting.SWbemLocator") Global $objWMIService = $objSWbemLocator.ConnectServer($hostname, "root\cimv2", $usr, $pwd) If @error Then Msgbox(0, "Error", "Unable to connect to the Host with the supplied credentials") Return 0 EndIf $hFlag = 1 UpdateGraph() EndFunc Func UpdateGraph() $usage = _Processor_Usage() For $i = 1 to 19 $graph[$i] = $graph[$i+1] Next $graph[20] = $usage GUICtrlSetImage($bar1, "") CreateBar($bar1, $graph[1]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar2, "") CreateBar($bar2, $graph[2]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar3, "") CreateBar($bar3, $graph[3]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar4, "") CreateBar($bar4, $graph[4]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar5, "") CreateBar($bar5, $graph[5]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar6, "") CreateBar($bar6, $graph[6]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar7, "") CreateBar($bar7, $graph[7]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar8, "") CreateBar($bar8, $graph[8]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar9, "") CreateBar($bar9, $graph[9]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar10, "") CreateBar($bar10, $graph[10]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar11, "") CreateBar($bar11, $graph[11]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar12, "") CreateBar($bar12, $graph[12]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar13, "") CreateBar($bar13, $graph[13]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar14, "") CreateBar($bar14, $graph[14]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar15, "") CreateBar($bar15, $graph[15]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar16, "") CreateBar($bar16, $graph[16]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar17, "") CreateBar($bar17, $graph[17]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar18, "") CreateBar($bar18, $graph[18]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar19, "") CreateBar($bar19, $graph[19]) GUICtrlSetImage($bar20, "") CreateBar($bar20, $graph[20]) $timer = TimerInit() EndFunc Func _Processor_Usage() Dim $Col_Items = $objWMIService.ExecQuery('SELECT * FROM Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor', 'WQL') Local $Obj_Item For $Obj_Item In $Col_Items Return $Obj_Item.PercentProcessorTime Next EndFunc Func CreateBar($target, $value) Local $width=5, $height=2 _GDIPlus_Startup() $hImage = DLL_BitmapCreate($width, $height*50) $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($hImage) _GDIPlus_GraphicsSetSmoothingMode($hGraphic, 2) ;100 If $value > 98 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF00F2F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 0, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;98 If $value > 96 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF0182C") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 2, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;96 If $value > 94 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF0212A") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 4, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;94 If $value > 92 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF02B28") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 6, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;92 If $value > 90 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF03426") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 8, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;90 If $value > 88 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF03E24") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 10, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;88 If $value > 86 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF04722") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 12, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;86 If $value > 84 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF05120") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 14, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;84 If $value > 82 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF05A1D") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 16, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;82 If $value > 80 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF0641B") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 18, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;80 If $value > 78 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF06D19") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 20, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;78 If $value > 76 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF07717") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 22, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;76 If $value > 74 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF08015") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 24, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;74 If $value > 72 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF08A13") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 26, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;72 If $value > 70 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF09311") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 28, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;70 If $value > 68 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF09311") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 30, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;68 If $value > 66 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFF09D0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 32, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;66 If $value > 64 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFECA20F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 34, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;64 If $value > 62 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFE8A80F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 36, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;62 If $value > 60 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFE5AD0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 38, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;60 If $value > 58 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFE1B30F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 40, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;58 If $value > 56 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFDEB80F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 42, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;56 If $value > 54 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFDABE0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 44, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;54 If $value > 52 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFD6C30F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 46, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;52 If $value > 50 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFCFCE0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 48, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;50 If $value > 48 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFCCD40F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 50, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;48 If $value > 46 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFC8D90F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 52, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;46 If $value > 44 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFC4DF0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 54, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;44 If $value > 42 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFC1E40F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 56, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;42 If $value > 40 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFBDEA0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 58, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;40 If $value > 38 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFBAF00F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 60, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;38 If $value > 36 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFBAF00F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 62, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;36 If $value > 34 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFADEF0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 64, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;34 If $value > 32 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFFA1EE0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 66, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;32 If $value > 30 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF94ED0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 68, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;30 If $value > 28 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF88ED0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 70, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;28 If $value > 26 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF7CEC0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 72, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;26 If $value > 24 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF6FEB0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 74, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;24 If $value > 22 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF63EA0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 76, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;22 If $value > 20 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF56EA0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 78, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;20 If $value > 18 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF56EA0F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 80, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;18 If $value > 16 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF4AE90F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 82, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;16 If $value > 14 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF3EE80F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 84, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;14 If $value > 12 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF31E70F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 86, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;12 If $value > 10 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF25E70F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 88, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;10 If $value > 8 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF18E60F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 90, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;8 If $value > 6 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF0CE50F") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 92, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;6 If $value > 4 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF00E510") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 94, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;4 If $value > 2 Then $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF00E509") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 96, $width, $height, $hBrush) EndIf ;2 $hBrush = _GDIPlus_BrushCreateSolid("0xFF00E509") _GDIPlus_GraphicsFillRect($hGraphic, 0, 98, $width, $height, $hBrush) $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImage) GUICtrlSendMsg($target, 0x172, 0, $hBitmap) _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap) _GDIPlus_BrushDispose($hBrush) _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImage) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc ;==>_CreateBar Func DLL_BitmapCreate($width, $height) Local $aResult = DllCall($__g_hGDIPDll, "uint", "GdipCreateBitmapFromScan0", "int", $width, "int", $height, "int", 0, "int", 0x0026200A, "ptr", 0, "int*", 0) Return $aResult[6] EndFunc ;==>DLL_BitmapCreate  

• Pricehacker
      By Pricehacker
      Hello,
      I am making a program where the button is an image that "changes" when specific conditions are fullfilled. Problem is that these images have different dimensions and when a smaller picture is displayed over a bigger one both will be seen, therefore i would like the images to be hidden, invincible or, alternatively, deleted.
      I have tried using _GDIPlus_GraphicsClear() with no luck
      However that might just be me not using it right as im quite new to autoit
      Here is the code if you want to test run it:
      Thanks to everyone helping!
    • UEZ
      By UEZ
      AutoIt Windows Screenshooter
      Key Features:
      takes easily a screenshot from any visible window capture any region of the desktop incl. freehand capturing capture GUI controls and GUI menus separately capture a marked area every x seconds for a duration of y seconds create a GIF animation from saved frames (Vista or higher os required) capture to AVI file (without audio!) takes a screenshot from web sites (available only on Win7+ os and when Aero is enabled) put images to clipboard to paste to other applications easily color picker save image in different formats and also to PDF! add timestamp to saved images simple image editing options: greyscale, b&w, invert, rotate +-90° send image to printer and default email client preview of captured screens incl. zoom option multi monitor support display pixel color under mouse ruler basic image editor (paint, highlight, ellipse, rectangle, text and some graphic FX) watermark captured image no 3rd party tools or DLLs used - pure AutoIt! fully portable - no installation is needed multi language feature (Eng, Ger, Tur, Fra and Rus only) To do:
      capture content of scrollable window/control capture cascaded menus Due to DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "PrintWindow", "hwnd", $hWnd, "handle", $hMemDC, "int", 0) limitation some windows cannot be captured properly (GDI+, ProgDVB, etc.) but can take screenshots of hidden windows. One workaround is to use full screen capturing (F11/F12) or "Grab Screen" function! Or try double click with rmb on listview items (beta).
      Download source code (6295 downloads previously):  AutoIt Windows Screenshooter v1.81 Build 2018-08-12.7z (version 3.3.12.0+ needed!)
      You are not allowed to sell this code or just parts of it in a commercial project or modify it and distribute it with a different name!
      Download compiled Exe only: 4shared / Media Fire / Softpedia (1.54mb)
      Distributing copies of the program in compiled format (exe) must be free of any fee!
      -----> click here to Donate!  

(Current donators: 1. Cuong N.) 
      It is designed for Win7+ operating systems with AERO enabled! E.g. on WinXP machines some functions are not working properly and might crash the application!
      AV scanners may have a negative impact the execution of compiled exe and might report any malware. I guarantee that there is no malicious code in the source code / exe!!! 
      Main GUI:

About Intro:

Basic Image Editor:

Watermark:

Click link for an enhanced version of Watermark Image.
      Credits:
      main code by UEZ additional code (alphabetical order) by Authenticity, AutoItObject Team, Eemuli, Eukalyptus, funkey, _Kurt, martin, monoceres, ProgAndy, taietel, trancexx, Ward, wolf9228 and Yashied! mesale0077 for turkish translation wakillon for french translation AZJIO for russian translation Keys:
      Main GUI:
      User your mouse to scroll preview window or
      Numpad 8: Scroll preview window up
      Numpad 2: Scroll preview window down
      Numpad 4: Scroll preview window left
      Numpad 6: Scroll preview window right
      Numpad +: zoom in preview window or mousewheel down
      Numpad -: zoom out preview window or mousewheel up
      F1: capture again on last position
      F5: refresh Windows Name list
      PRINTSCREEN: take screenshot from whole screen
      ALT+PRINTSCR: take a screenshot from active window
      F10: Undo made changes with Image Editing function
      F11: take screenshot from whole screen incl mouse cursor
      F12: take screenshot from whole screen
      Ctrl+Alt+F9 start "Grab Screen" mode
      Ctrl+Alt+F12: take a screenshot from active window using alternative screenshot functionality (beta)!
      Ctrl+r: call ruler
      Ctrl+s: save current displayed image
      Ctrl+x: exit program
      ctrl+w: call web grab input field (availabe only when Aero is enabled)
      Ctrl+i: call image editor
      Ctrl+m: call watermark editor
      Ctrl+z: undo
      Only available on Vista+ os: double click with rmb on list items to use alternative screenshot functionality (beta)!
      When 'Grab Screen' is clicked you can hold down the ctrl key to switch to 'grab controls' mode. Control under mouse will be framed red.
      ctrl + shift will take the screenshot of appropriate control. To capture GUI menues you can press rmb which simulates the lmb. When a menu is opened press shift additionaly to capture it.
      Press and hold only the shift key to capture any region on the desktop using freehand capturing - release it so capture marked regions!
      Or just mark resizeable area which you want to grab. Press CTRL key to grab marked area or right mouse button to capture the marked area every x seconds for a duration of y seconds.
      When saving the image just enter the extension you whish to use (*.jpg;*.png;*.bmp;*.gif;*.tif;*.pdf). Big thanks to taietel for his PDF UDF!
      Image Editor:
      s: save
      c: copy
      n: send
      h: highlighter
      p: pen
      r: rectangle
      e: ellipse
      a: arrow
      o: color
      t: text
      g: text config
      Watermark editor:

To start the app minimized just call it "Windows Screenshooter.exe /min"
      Maybe it is useful for someone...
      Any kind of comment is welcome.
      Br,
      UEZ
      Change log:

• spikespaz
      By spikespaz
      The rule against game automation is misguided and unhelpful for the following reasons.

I am a developer, using AutoIt to automate testing for a game that I am developing. Singleplayer games can be mundane and sometimes cheating can be overlooked. Multiplayer games usually have anticheat against repetitive robotic actions anyways. People want to override the control schemes of games with bad customization. Eg. Axiom Verge, Fortnite (Crouching). Game automation is not always bad. If the user feels the need to automate a singleplayer game for boring or mundane tasks, that is their choice. Similarly, if I wish to use scripts to automate testing, that is my choice.
      Game automation can be a problem for online multiplayer games, giving players a competitive advantage. This could be countered by common sense; ask OP what game they are automating, and is it an online game? What is this script for, and what does it seem to do?

Please revise the rule as it seems very unnecessary and harmful to people seeking help with innocent attempts at game automation.
    • Barney
      By Barney
      Hi guys, I just finished a Connect 4 game by using MiniMax with Alpha Beta Pruning. I haven't written a program for a long time, but writing an
      AI program is always funny! I have to learn how the algorithm works and try to optimize the code to run faster. Let's play and have fun!

Oops, I lost the game ...

Thanks guys!
      Download: Connect 4.zip