locking computer

hi, want to lock my computer between 12:01AM to 12:01PM is there anyway to do it?

i know i can use ctrl+L to lock the computer but i dont want because it will permanently lock the pc.

i want to do it for my son....

i know there are many softwares to do it and many of them are free.. but i want to do it myself.

i just want to restrict my son to use computer between this time.

any ideas or codes? please share...

[font="Georgia"]GSM Expert[/font] but not AutoIt :DProud to be Admin Of : http://www.gsmhosting.net/visit my Forum... http://www.gsmhosting.net/vbb/index.php
$Life = "Happy"
If @Error Then
$Life = "Risk"

Put this script to Start up folder and it will do what you need

$Hour=@Hour
if ($Hour>12 and $Hour<24) then
msgbox(64,"","you don't have the right to use PC in these time !",3)
shutdown(2)
endif

also, you can add password in case that's you who's using the PC

Edit : prevent misunderstading from the idiots

Edited by d4rk

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Put this script to Start up folder and it will do what you need

$Hour=@Hour
if ($Hour>12 and $Hour<24) then
msgbox(64,"","you don't have the right to use PC in these time !")
shutdown(2)
endif

also, you can add password in case that's you who's using the PC

And that's really dumb.. Few steps to bypass that ,

* Startup computer

* Keep the MsgBox open

* Go to the startup folder

* Remove the file

* Restart the computer

* BINGO - Bypassed!

hah, so you think you're a smarter ass ?

you think can't i think of writting to registry for starting with window, make a delay for the msgbox and some freeze ?

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

you think can't i think of writting to registry for starting with window, make a delay for the msgbox and some freeze ?

@zFrank I would suggest you have a logon for your son and a admin logon for you. Reason being is b/c if he has full rights he can bypass anything you write. If he knows anything about computers and kids seem to learn the wrong things fast!.

Here is how you set a time for him. Create his own user account. Then follow these steps.

Go to run box

Type net user <exact_user_name> /Time:M-F,08:00-17 :00 without the quotes.

This will let the particular user to login from Monday to Friday (M-F) between 08:00 am to 5:00 pm .

If you want to revert it and allows user to login all the time use net user <exact_user_name> /Time all

If you want that user never to loging just say net user <exact_user_name> /Time i.e dont give anything after time and it will not allow user to login.

Dudes, if anyone gets physical access to a comp, your pwned. Let's assume his kid doesn't know about live linux cd's or how to perform power user tasks; Smiley has good advice, but a startup script isn't too bad either. You could put it various places (Startup Folder, Scheduled Task, or Registry).

It's foolproof this way..

$Hour = @Hour
If ($Hour > 12 And $Hour < 24) Then
BlockInput(1)
MsgBox(64, "", "you don't have the right to use PC in these time !", 3)
ShutDown(2)
Endif

& Nice triple post..

wtf ?

You come here with nothing except fucking on my script ?

ok, please give him a better codes, and beware of be fucked

Edited by d4rk

• Moderators

And that's really dumb.. Few steps to bypass that ,

* Startup computer

* Keep the MsgBox open

* Go to the startup folder

* Remove the file

* Restart the computer

* BINGO - Bypassed!

Consider this your "verbal warning".

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.