menu manipulation

While Not WinExists("Cross Reference")
Send("!f")
Send("n")
Send("x")
;;tried alternative method that didn't work... WinMenuSelectItem("Titan","&File","&New","New &Xref")
WEnd

I'm choosing an option in a menu which should bring up a child window. occasionally, the first app takes a while longer to respond so I'd just like to keep trying the menu until the child window comes up. (what I've pasted isn't working and I'm not sure why...)

thanks

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

I notice in your WinMenuSelectItem func you commented out that you didn't provide the correct params.

You also need to provide a param for Text in the window, or you can leave blank. Try this.

WinMenuSelectItem("Titan","","&File","&New","New &Xref")
Edited by spudw2k

Thanks for pointing that out spud! I tried it the right way and sadly it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I think the fact that it is a java app might have something to do with it maybe?!?

When I do a "WinGetState ("title") on the same it gives me a return of 5 which I take means it exists and is enabled... But that is wrong. WTF?!?

Edited by anystupidassname

This signature is computer generated, nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#nothing can go wron#.......

Ah, If the menu is on a Java window, I don't think the WinMenuSelectItem func will work. ;) Not wure why the keystrokes don't work...

Edited by spudw2k