Alarm Clock

LurchMan

Hey everyone -

This is my first actual program made in AutoIT (I use it mainly for just automation at work) so if it seems like the way I coded this was kinda out there and doesn't make sense, if I did something the hard way, please let me know. I'm still trying to learn the easy ways of programming :).

Well this is just a simple alarm clock that I created to help me wake up in the morning, and I decided you guys might find it useful also.

All questions / comments welcome!

To do (figure out):

Snooze button - Didn't feel like taking the effort tonight to get this to work correctly

Other than the snooze button I've done some pretty extensive testing on this and everything seems to function properly.

--Lurch

Alarm_Clock.au3

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Hey everyone -

This is my first actual program made in AutoIT (I use it mainly for just automation at work) so if it seems like the way I coded this was kinda out there and doesn't make sense, if I did something the hard way, please let me know. I'm still trying to learn the easy ways of programming :).

Well this is just a simple alarm clock that I created to help me wake up in the morning, and I decided you guys might find it useful also.

All questions / comments welcome!

To do (figure out):

Snooze button - Didn't feel like taking the effort tonight to get this to work correctly

Other than the snooze button I've done some pretty extensive testing on this and everything seems to function properly.

--Lurch

Looks pretty good... a few suggestions:

Make the GUI a little more compact

use $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST (or something like that) so the user can't put numbers in the combo boxes

use soundplay() to play the music instead of the default (wmp in my case)

Let the user chose a specific file instead of just a random one from a folder

Your program is getting lots of errors from scite

Why are you're default codes so long???

Get rid of the tray icon (or do something with it)

You might want to look at the AdLibEnable function, it would make snooze really easy, as well as checking the time, as well as incrementing the volume periodically..

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Thanks for the reply. The errors that Scite is getting are the warnings because I don't have all the variables for the set globally for the code GUI until it actually runs so it thinks that its not getting declared.

I'll look into SoundPlay() tonight after work, and I guess I didn't know there was a setting so the user couldn't type in the combo box, thanks for letting me know.

I'm planning on using the tray icon later so that after you set the alarm you can bring the GUI back up using the tray icon.

The default codes were mainly just meant to be kind of a joke (even though they do work)

Thanks for the comments.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

The 'Set Code' window wouldn't do anything but float in midair. I clicked the combo boxes, unclicked the comboboxes, put some stuff in the custom box but nothing.

The 'Set Code' window wouldn't do anything but float in midair. I clicked the combo boxes, unclicked the comboboxes, put some stuff in the custom box but nothing.

You mean the button wouldn't respond?

is it just everyone's first program or what ?!

(mine was too... check my sig :))

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

Thanks guys...and yeah an alarm clock seemed to be the simplest thing that I could (attempt) to make..now I just need my next idea...

and did anyone see anything that I could have done an easier way or anything? im trying to use you guys as a learning tool lol...